Forums59
Topics1,038,777
Posts13,952,563
Members144,176
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13544524 05/04/20 01:56 PM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide Report
Lake Ray Hubbard spring fishing is here. This has been a trying time for many and fishing reports are probably the least of desired info wanted. I started my guide business back up May 1, 2020 because of the COVID-19. I still went out and fished during the shut down and had some calls about trips. I wanted to be a responsible person and play it safe. So much conflicting information makes decision making a tough deal. I am taking the needed precautions to run my trips as safely as possible. Late April and May bring big winds usually so be safe and make sure your boat can handle those winds.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

White Bass Patterns
Lake Ray Hubbard in April and May can be some fantastic fishing. It can also bring cold fronts that shut it down. As we are in May already the spawning run is pretty much over and these fish are feeding. We are also in the middle of the shad spawn which can make fishing exciting at times. Early mornings look for white egrets and blue herons on the shoreline and its almost instant money on catching fish. The location of those birds are very important as they show you where the shad are spawning. On cloudy windy days white-bass and hybrids will stay around quite a bit longer. Look for shad popping out of the water as the fish will be on smaller schools than summer chasing bait. There are multiple flats to inspect early mornings and late evenings. Harbor bay flats , Robertson Park , Red Barn cove , Power-plant Jetty and Burnt bridge cove. When searching these flats there is no reason to run your big motor fast across these. Look for gulls and turns as they are showing the way also. Later in the morning or midday don’t venture far rom those ares and look at drop offs, ridges and humps. Throughout the day you might run across birds working shallow flats but tase are usually small whites bass chasing shad.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
White Bass Lures
I use a couple different set ups this time of year. It all depends on how hard the wind is blowing. If you have a light wind I will use a 1/2 slab and above that about 1 ft a single hook with a 2 inch crappie jig. When the wind picks up I have heavier slab. When I am throwing shallow its usually a small swim bait about 2-3 inches with a 1/2 jig head. Another very effective lure is the road runner or a small rattle trap.Colors usually don’t matter, although I primarily use shad colored plastics with chartreuse jig heads our slabs.

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide

We target White Bass year round . Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population. For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13544526 05/04/20 01:58 PM
K
Keystone Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
K
thumb

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13545539 05/05/20 02:59 AM
T
Tc24 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
cheers

1998 Pro Gator 160V
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13590614 06/11/20 01:45 AM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity

Lake Ray Hubbard summer time fishing is here. May was a fantastic month as far as the fishing goes. White bass were almost jumping into the boat on most days. A few bad weather days were mixed in but overall the weather was very pleasant. We still have the COVID-19 lurking around but the good news is it seems like the hospitalization numbers re way down , and that’s a good thing especially for our older friends and people that are more at risk. I am still being cautious with the cleaning of equipment and the boat. We have other things going on right ow as well , I don’t like to get into politics and such things when discussing fishing but all I can say is that we are here for a short time on this beautiful earth and we all should treat each other with respect and love.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

White Bass Patterns

Lake Ray Hubbard in June can be some fantastic fishing. It also brings a time when they are kinda doing the in-between stuff. They are transitioning from spring water temps to hot summer temps. The great thing is this signifies the start of white bass schooling early mornings. The main problem with June, it seems to make them. One a lot. You will be on a great school of fish then poof, they disappear. I will burn some extra gas this time of year looking in multiple locations for fish. When you do find them it can be fast and furious. Early morning I look for the white egrets and blue herons, they won’t be lining the shore line but you will see them hoover above the fish. When that slows down that is where your electronics comes into play. You won’t mar a lot of fish usually , but you just need to know they are in the area. The shad spawn has already happened and they are chasing tiny shad fry all over the lake .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

White Bass Lures

I use a couple different set ups this time of year. In the mornings if I find schooling I am throwing a Mepps tail spinner . With the fish chasing shad fry they seem to want that smaller lure a little better than the larger tail spinner or 3 inch CoHo swim bait. Mt slabbing set up is about the same, 1 oz slab with a jig tied above it. I also recommend that if you find fish suspended , like they do this time of year , reel 4-5 times up, let the slab fall. It can be a deadly technique this time of year. As it gets hotter , reel faster.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We target White Bass year round . Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population. For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13590935 06/11/20 12:17 PM
CHAMPION FISH Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Great pics John. Those kiddos are having a blast.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13591846 06/11/20 11:30 PM
4x4 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Great Post , Thanks, Keep up he good work !!!!!!!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13592068 06/12/20 02:40 AM
L
Ledeez Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
thumb

Teamgetsome$$$
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13594009 06/14/20 02:56 AM
D
DrWhiplash Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
He’s on em’ !! flag

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13594128 06/14/20 12:18 PM
gborg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
That's a bunch of fish.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13619487 07/05/20 01:18 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard is heating up and the water is getting quite warm. June was a fantastic month for fishing and we put a lot o fish in the boat. This has been a very busy past month as most people were going stir crazy sitting at home and just wanted a day of family fun. The boat traffic was a little more than normal even during the week. A lot of people out trying to get a little fresh air and some sun was the theme of June for sure. I really can’t blame anybody for wanted to get out during these crazy times. Fishing is one way to do it, as my boat is big enough for everyone to be spread out and I am taking the precautions with wiping down the rods and keeping everything as “sanitary” as possible. Just to let everyone know Lake Ray Hubbard is back to doing the Thursday night concert on the lake located at the Harbor. Get in your boat , go find you a spot to anchor up and enjoy the show.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

White Bass Patterns
Lake Ray Hubbard in July can be some great fishing. Early morning you can find large schools of fish chasing bait on almost any flat adjacent to deep water, keep you eyes out at Harbor cove , the jetty , Red Barn cove or Robertson Park. It's better during the week when you do to have as many fisherman chasing them , the the weekends can good also. Later in the morning you can find them schooling out in the middle of the lake at any time also. You want to look for the big schools, as if you locate multiple small ones they come up and down so fast you will drive your self crazy at times chasing them. They are also holding to structure a little better as it gets warmer , and grouped up better. I have still not seen a thermocline set in just set but it is close. You can locate schools on humps, long points and the levees using your electronics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

White Bass Lures
I use a couple different set ups this time of year. In the mornings if I find schooling fish and they are chasing small thredfin fry I am throwing a Mepps tail spinner . With the fish chasing shad fry they seem to want that smaller lure a little better than the larger tail spinner or 3 inch CoHo swim bait. But if you see them knocking nice size shad out of the water use the larger tail spinner or tiny torpedo top water. My slabbing set up is about the same, 1 oz slab with a jig tied above it. I also recommend that if you find fish suspended , like they do this time of year , reel 4-5 times up, let the slab fall. It can be a deadly technique this time of year. As it gets hotter , reel faster.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We target White Bass year round . Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population. For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.LAke Ray Hubbard Fishing [Linked Image]

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13621751 07/07/20 03:04 AM
S
Scotty P Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Awesome stuff JV!!!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13653639 08/02/20 04:04 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard is in almost summer mode , believe it or not. It's been an unusual month as far as weather as we have had cooler temps mixed in with 100 degree days in July. The fishing for July was really good as the white bass started schooling like most summers. The lake has been awful busy as well with so many people staying at home because of the continuous COVID-19 situation. Even during the week there has been a lot of boats out on the water. The end of July produced a 70 degree morning and a north wind. I truly hope everyone is staying as safe as possible in these trying times. August usually means a slow down in trips as the kids are preparing to go back to school and buying supplies. I don’t know what August holds as far as that , as many kids will be virtual schooling.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

White Bass Patterns
Lake Ray Hubbard in August can be some good fishing. Early morning you can find large schools of fish chasing bait on almost any flat adjacent to deep water, keep you eyes out at Harbor cove , the jetty , Red Barn cove or Robertson Park. It's better during the week when you do to have as many fisherman chasing them , the the weekends can be good also. Later in the morning you can find them schooling out in the middle of the lake at any time also. You want to look for the big schools, as if you locate multiple small ones they come up and down so fast you will drive your self crazy at times chasing them. They will be also holding to structure a little as it gets warmer , and grouped up better. I have still have not seen much of a thermocline set in just set but it is close, as when it did start we got rains and winds that broke it up.. You can locate schools on humps, long points and the levees using your electronics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

White Bass Lures

I use a couple different set ups this time of year. In the mornings if I find schooling fish and they are chasing bait , a tail spinner is very effective. I like to throw not that’s 1/2 oz in weight and chartreuse . There are many cures you can use, popping cork with jig, small tiny torpedoes and small swim baits. My slabbing set up is about the same, 1 oz slab with a jig tied above it. I also recommend that if you find fish suspended , like they do this time of year , reel 4-5 times up, let the slab fall. It can be a deadly technique this time of year. As it gets hotter , reel faster. You mights also find when the thermocline sets in , you can have very good success by trolling. A lot of people like the hellpet set up. I personally use a jet diver with about a 4 ft leader at the back and a small pet spoon. Most of the white bass you can locate in 10-15 ft water. On the occasion you find them suspending out in deep water this is an effective way also. Most of the time they suspend around 16-19 ft.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #13946805 04/04/21 02:39 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard is in Spring mode for sure !! Sorry that I haven’t updated my blog in a while. After the Ice apocalypse of 2021 , the water is finally warming back up. March can be a roller coaster of fishing. One day you will do great and the next burn a tank of fuel searching. The great thing is we are now in April and for the next 3 months it can be some of the best fishing of the season. I truly hope everyone is healthy and so your family and friends. I can’t believe it has been a year since all the COVID happenings. I hope we are on the down trend of this devastating virus.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

White Bass Patterns
Lake Ray Hubbard in the Spring can be some of the best fishing of the season. The whiteness are either spawning or have completed that process. We haven’t had a lot of rain this early spring so quite a few white bass have stayed in the main lake area. When the fish get done spawning they will group back up in huge schools and they want to eat !! On the days that waves of these fish are ready to eat it can be an exciting time. In mid April they will be roaming the shallows to find shad as the shad start spawning also. They will also be on structure and grouped up. Right now in the first of April you have to be really good with your electronics. Some of these fish are hugging the bottom so tight, you wouldn’t know they are fish to the average angler. I like to use my DI setting on my Humminbird HELIX to locate these fish. The little “pimples” located on the very bottom really show up good with this setting. Another good thing this time of year, the gulls start working, you can fished great activity especially late in the afternoon.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

White Bass Lures
I use a couple set ups this time of year. The tandem rig that has 1 small crappie jigs tied above a 3/4 oz slab. I like to use drop shot hooks with the jig about 12-16 inches apart. The color of the jig doesn’t really matter as much as technique. When they are hugging bottom, a slight lift and a wiggle , when you see the fish a little higher , raise slowly sometimes has high as you can reach. The other set up I use is a 3 in CoHo with a 1/2 oz jig head as we are throwing very shallow. When retrieving these swim baits you want to reel them in slow enough for them to hit, but fast enough to keep right off the bottom. If you are lucky enough to find birds working, just throw and retrieve at a medium speed.
[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #14023520 06/07/21 03:28 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Please visit my blog for more pics !!

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports

[Linked Image]

Lake Ray Hubbard is in Spring and early summer mode for sure . It has been a busy time on Lake Ray Hubbard since my last report. Thank goodness the COVID news is looking better, people are getting vaccinated and trying to return to a somewhat normal life. The weather has been crazy with all the rain, cloud cover and on some days down right cold. Never fear, summer is here and we will be begging for that forecast in the coming heat of our Texas summers.

White Bass Patterns
Lake Ray Hubbard this Spring was some fantastic fishing. Mid April thru early June early morning shallow water fish was the ticket. We had a great shad spawn and the fish knew it. Morning would start out throwing in 3-10 foot of water while the fish were chasing shad gorging them selves. On cloudy days they would remain in the shallows for hours and you would catch an abundance of fish. The hybrids even showed up better than the past and my guest had a great time. When the shallow activity slowed we would move off to humps and levee’s in 18-32 foot of water with great success. June will start producing mid lake schooling as the shad go from the shallows to the deeper water. Look for the great blue Heron to hover above these schools , when you spot those magnificent birds fish will be close by. The shallow schooling will begin mid to late June and continue through out the summer. For now I still check the shallows early , there wont be a lot of visible action but a few shad popping up and a few large egrets or herons on the shoreline.

White Bass Lures
I use a couple set ups this time of year. The tandem rig that has 1 small crappie jigs tied above a 3/4 oz slab. I like to use drop shot hooks with the jig about 12-16 inches apart. The color of the jig doesn’t really matter as much as technique. When they are hugging bottom, a slight lift and a wiggle , when you see the fish a little higher , raise slowly sometimes has high as you can reach and when the screen lights up, reel slowly to mid speed through them. The other set up I use is a 1/2 oz tail spinner. I will fan cast across points and reel at a moderate speed and of coarse if you see fish blowing shad out of the water throw right in the middle of them.

Attached Files 1EF6A347-C779-4567-974E-F2CDB5D43379.jpegAEBC45F6-575A-42A2-B1BA-6E6D8E05B0F7.jpeg86507E5E-266B-48D5-A63D-38AE0FE04119.jpeg71BD3C9E-B1C2-4E7E-B549-A53AAFFF2E50.jpeg0466A820-0404-497E-A9EE-25D1FF667ADD.jpegF5BEE63D-B4E5-44F0-8E85-879A87763215.jpeg02CF391D-121C-4120-9164-62182DEA694F.jpegB14F2B4D-6949-4938-8237-61C012A4B6D9.jpeg
Last edited by Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.; 06/07/21 04:04 PM. Reason: Pics
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Reports: www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #14034035 06/16/21 05:44 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
Any openings this weekend ?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide