TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
Originally Posted by JCG57
As I stated earlier....bad science.

Did you just read the headline and skip the article? Typical NPR fake news headline. Some of the patients are recovering and none are getting worse - how horrible that the doc did not administer a control group that would likely be doomed!

I can see you don't know what makes good science.

I would choose good outcomes over good science every time. As would you if about to be intubated.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Tallgrass05] #13618265 07/03/20 11:18 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN

"Researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan have found that early administration of the drug hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die. The study, published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that hydroxychloroquine provided a "66% hazard ratio reduction," and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin a 71 percent reduction, compared to neither treatment.

In-hospital mortality was 18.1 percent with both drugs, 13.5 percent with just hydroxychloroquine, 22.4 percent with azithromycin alone, and 26.4 percent with neither drug. "Prospective trials are needed" for further review, the researchers note.

"Our results do differ from some other studies," Dr. Marcus Zervos, who heads the hospital's infectious diseases unit, said at a news conference. "What we think was important in ours ... is that patients were treated early. For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with COVID."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydroxychloroquine-helped-save-coronavirus-study

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: John175☮] #13618296 07/03/20 11:47 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by John175☮

"Researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan have found that early administration of the drug hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die. The study, published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that hydroxychloroquine provided a "66% hazard ratio reduction," and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin a 71 percent reduction, compared to neither treatment.

In-hospital mortality was 18.1 percent with both drugs, 13.5 percent with just hydroxychloroquine, 22.4 percent with azithromycin alone, and 26.4 percent with neither drug. "Prospective trials are needed" for further review, the researchers note.

"Our results do differ from some other studies," Dr. Marcus Zervos, who heads the hospital's infectious diseases unit, said at a news conference. "What we think was important in ours ... is that patients were treated early. For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with COVID."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydroxychloroquine-helped-save-coronavirus-study

Well, yeah, the Lancet study was a complete hoax (like a real, actual hoax, guys and gals) based on false numbers from a fraudulent company. The data published based on the fraudulent company’s report halted worldwide using hydroxycholoroquine almost completely.

How many people died because of that?

Turns out, there was some bad science. Just not how certain people wanted it to turn out.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: John175☮] #13618301 07/03/20 11:52 PM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S

Certainly looks promising to keep some people alive.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13618418 07/04/20 02:28 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Well, yeah, the Lancet study was a complete hoax (like a real, actual hoax, guys and gals) based on false numbers from a fraudulent company. The data published based on the fraudulent company’s report halted worldwide using hydroxycholoroquine almost completely.

Turns out, there was some bad science. Just not how certain people wanted it to turn out.

How pathetic do you have to be to want a med or a country to fail because you hate someone??

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13618426 07/04/20 02:35 AM
J
JRGOCARDS Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Never thought i would have a thread go 20 pages.
JR

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13619252 07/04/20 11:24 PM
P
Po Boy Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
P
God has been making fools of science since time began.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13619263 07/04/20 11:48 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13619266 07/04/20 11:52 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
I wonder how many suckers invested in hydroxychloroquine.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: Tallgrass05] #13619285 07/05/20 12:29 AM
T
TR176 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
I wonder how many suckers invested in hydroxychloroquine.

It is a generic drug and is been around so long it has no patent protection. So any approved drug company can make and sell it. I not sure how one would invest in “it” unless you are talking about individuals hoarding 1000s of pills. Do you have knowledge drug companies stocks have crashed?

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13619310 07/05/20 01:12 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Much like masks....if the drug saves but one life it is worth it and should be used.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13619314 07/05/20 01:25 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
hydroxychloroquine was the key component in a (new) recent study now published in an American medical journal (I forget which one). They found meaningful outcome improvement when administered early ...along with the drug I believe commonly marketed as "z-pack." I think this was done at a Michigan hospital. As soon as patients were admitted for COVID, the protocol was begun immediately if the patient agreed to the trial. Some of the prior published info admitted they only included ICU patients in the trial - in other words, they had already gotten critical before the drug was administered. This led to no significant change in outcome. Nor, did they include z-pack. Some are pushing for a 3 pronged approach trial, to include z-pack along with zinc, and to do all early. The published paper concludes that results were positive, and that others should conduct even larger studies to confirm repeatable results. So, it appears Hydroxychloroquine may be of value if given fair study.

My personal opinion: It's "too cheap" and some intending to make the windfall of a lifetime want some new drug that can be sold at 1000x the cost to be "it" so that they don't miss out on their cash cow opportunity.

Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: txmasterpo] #13619349 07/05/20 02:31 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

How pathetic do you have to be to want a med or a country to fail because you hate someone??

Agreed. It’s disgusting and unhelpful. It’s destructive.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13619413 07/05/20 06:28 AM
doctorxring Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

From all I’ve read on it, which is a lot, I’m convinced it works as a prophy and for treatment of active infections. HCQ has a LONG elimination half life. I’m taking one 200mg tablet every 5 days. I bought it out of Canada in April. It’s cheaper now that when I bought it. ZERO side effects. I cannot even tell I’m taking it.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: Hydroxychloroquine [Re: doctorxring] #13619531 07/05/20 02:11 PM
J
JCG57 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by doctorxring

From all I’ve read on it, which is a lot, I’m convinced it works as a prophy and for treatment of active infections. HCQ has a LONG elimination half life. I’m taking one 200mg tablet every 5 days. I bought it out of Canada in April. It’s cheaper now that when I bought it. ZERO side effects. I cannot even tell I’m taking it.

No, no, no. You do not understand, we have an expert on this subject - an entomologist no less! He has used scientific logic: Orange man bad, Orange man suggests drug might be helpful, therefore drug bad.

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide