Forums59
Topics1,037,836
Posts13,935,340
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: CBoone] #13616976 07/02/20 10:49 PM
S
spazm09 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by CBoone
Originally Posted by spazm09
You need to do it yourself because when I cite credible sources you're just going to blow them off. Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated. Back up your talk.

That's what I thought.

I don't deny PPE works - it indeed works - HOWEVER - people need to be trained how to put it on, take it off, as well as they need to be fitted for it. The general public is not. Period. All it does it create a false sense of security and leads to more spread whereas just maintaining 6' and washing your hands as well as just not being a disgusting human being can and is effective. I can go find 10 epidemiologist who say what I say and I can go find 10 who agree with you. There's no point in arguing. My opinion is what it is and yours is what it is.

Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: spazm09] #13616981 07/02/20 10:55 PM
C
CBoone Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
You need to do it yourself because when I cite credible sources you're just going to blow them off. Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated. Back up your talk.

That's what I thought.

I don't deny PPE works - it indeed works - HOWEVER - people need to be trained how to put it on, take it off, as well as they need to be fitted for it. The general public is not. Period. All it does it create a false sense of security and leads to more spread whereas just maintaining 6' and washing your hands as well as just not being a disgusting human being can and is effective. I can go find 10 epidemiologist who say what I say and I can go find 10 who agree with you. There's no point in arguing. My opinion is what it is and yours is what it is.

Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated.

Read the article - the scientific community is divided

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616985 07/02/20 10:57 PM
S
spazm09 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Paywall

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616987 07/02/20 11:01 PM
B
bradnitro175 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Cuz the first shutdown did alot of good there's no stopping it or the world.whats the point

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616997 07/02/20 11:07 PM
BCBassCat Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Just left bucees in Terrell and about 1/4 of the people weren’t wearing a mask I was one of them.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: LoneStarSon] #13616999 07/02/20 11:07 PM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
http://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/efficacy-facemasks-coronavirus.php

Bandana is not the best thing to use....better off with some of the home sewn masks....I have gotten several off Facebook that you can insert a filter in...dispose of the filter after each use and throw the mask in the washer. I think they were $5/ea.

We have used these since the virus started. Wash the masks and add a new insert.

It's been working so far.

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617001 07/02/20 11:10 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
The mask you wear is helping other people be more safe. It is making the cloud of particles you exhale or sneeze or cough into the air smaller. It doesn't do much in the way of protecting the person wearing it. If a microdrop of spittle with COVID hits the outside of your mask, it is going to be pulled into your nose or mouth just by regular breathing.

Bottom line is it is still incumbent upon you to keep yourself safe. Even wearing a mask, keep your distance from others. Cary your own pen with a stylus to touch a keypad or sign a receipt. When you exit a store, do not touch your mask until after sanitizing your hands. Then only touch the ear straps. Put the used mask on the dashboard of your car and let it get some sun. Wash your hands often. And soap protects you by physically removing any bacteria from your hands, not by killing germs. Any anti-bacteria affect from your soap occurs after 2-3 minutes, so your drain pipes should be germ free. Simply scrub your hands well, rinse and repeat. The germs are removed.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: CBoone] #13617004 07/02/20 11:11 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J

That's what I thought.

Read the article - the scientific community is divided

Just because they found 3 people on the globe that say they “aren't sure” doesn’t mean scientist are divided. You don’t even have to be a scientist to know that even if they do nothing for the person wearing the mask they’ll do a lot to slow asymptomatic spread of a virus that is primarily spread by droplets. In addition to that, Plenty of links have already been posted on other threads on this forum that link to solid reputable scientific studies that show masks slow the spread. And for a final time, I don’t care what you do. Don’t wear one. Pay the fine. I’m young and healthy, I’ll be fine. But stop being a Karen and quit the constant whining and pretending you have some sort of profound instight not shared by 99% of the scientific community.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: BCBassCat] #13617005 07/02/20 11:12 PM
P
Pintail711 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Just left bucees in Terrell and about 1/4 of the people weren’t wearing a mask I was one of them.

I hardly see anyone wearing one in Longview.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: COFF] #13617007 07/02/20 11:12 PM
S
spazm09 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by COFF
The mask you wear is helping other people be more safe. It is making the cloud of particles you exhale or sneeze or cough into the air smaller. It doesn't do much in the way of protecting the person wearing it. If a microdrop of spittle with COVID hits the outside of your mask, it is going to be pulled into your nose or mouth just by regular breathing.

Bottom line is it is still incumbent upon you to keep yourself safe. Even wearing a mask, keep your distance from others. Cary your own pen with a stylus to touch a keypad or sign a receipt. When you exit a store, do not touch your mask until after sanitizing your hands. Then only touch the ear straps. Put the used mask on the dashboard of your car and let it get some sun. Wash your hands often. And soap protects you by physically removing any bacteria from your hands, not by killing germs. Any anti-bacteria affect from your soap occurs after 2-3 minutes, so your drain pipes should be germ free. Simply scrub your hands well, rinse and repeat. The germs are removed.

thumb

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: COFF] #13617011 07/02/20 11:14 PM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by COFF

One of the concerns is that it makes everything you touch more likely to be contaminated. By touching your own mask, which people do even more often than normally touching their face, you are touching a much more contaminated item, which in turn makes every else you touch more contaminated than it would have been.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Pintail711] #13617012 07/02/20 11:15 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Pintail711
Originally Posted by BCBassCat

I hardly see anyone wearing one in Longview.

It’s [censored] Longview dewd!

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617014 07/02/20 11:16 PM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
[
Just because they found 3 people on the globe that say they “aren't sure” doesn’t mean scientist are divided. You don’t even have to be a scientist to know that even if they do nothing for the person wearing the mask they’ll do a lot to slow asymptomatic spread of a virus that is primarily spread by droplets. In addition to that, Plenty of links have already been posted on other threads on this forum that link to solid reputable scientific studies that show masks slow the spread. And for a final time, I don’t care what you do. Don’t wear one. Pay the fine. I’m young and healthy, I’ll be fine. But stop being a Karen and quit the constant whining and pretending you have some sort of profound instight not shared by 99% of the scientific community.

It's actually the medical experts sending out mixed messages throughout this ordeal that created this confusion about wearing a mask so don't get too righteous about it.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: John175☮] #13617015 07/02/20 11:16 PM
S
stroker46 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted by John175☮
There you go. I have always said that if you make it mandatory I will wear a mask.

Good job! thumb

WOW? Republican leadership!

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617016 07/02/20 11:17 PM
F
Flags Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
F
I won't wear one. If I get a ticket, I get a ticket. I see my country going down the tubes and I'm just tired of the BS.

Retired Navy Chief Signalman
NJROTC Instructor Tascosa High School
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide