Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: gander] #13607978 06/25/20 07:33 PM
R
rangerb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I have a small business, just want to do whatever to slow down the virus. Don’t want any workers to get sick. So all I know is to follow CDC directions. To difficult to follow OT directions on this one, no consistency.

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Davedave] #13608058 06/25/20 08:26 PM
G
gander Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

So you agree that when the local politicians allowed some of the protesting to go on while still enforcing the restrictions against business owners and those protesting the shutdown have helped enable the situation? Our local leaders have been a huge reason why the numbers have spiked as well. Good to see you agree on that.

BTW California implemented some of the strictest and earliest restrictions in managing COVID and their numbers are recording record spikes too so your comment about other states that have done more is not accurate.

Sure I agree with any looseness in the system that allows the virus to spread contributing to the problem.
I don't agree with you on protesters though. They are guaranteed that under the Constitution but they could have done more to regulate them to protect the spread.

I have no way to assess Ca and what measures they are taking. So many factors influence the way it spreads and we live 1500 miles away from their population centers. But their policies going forward will be controlled or influenced by the numbers increasing or decreasing too, just like everyone else.

SO WHY IS IT SO OFTEN THAT THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WANT THE ECONOMY TO OPEN UP ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT KEEPING THE NUMBERS FROM GROWING.

You would think the people who were wanting the economy to open up more would be the same ones who want more distancing, sanitizing and masks. That is not what I am seeing.

If we slow it, does it go away? I don’t believe it does. What amount of time is ok to have these measures, which harm the economy, in place? 1 year? 3 years? 10 years? 20 years? There is no plan, other than slowing it.

It’s a waste of time. Look how quickly it spread around the country, and around the world. I believe the best thing is to have the numbers grow. Let’s go for her immunity. This sort of pregnant situation is just stupid.

It’s easier to lock the vulnerable away for a month or six weeks than it is for years. Let’s rip that band aid off, and get on with life.
I am willing to bet it will all but disappear after the election..I may be wrong but we shall see

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Kattelyn] #13608064 06/25/20 08:32 PM
G
gander Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Kattelyn
This nonsense right here is what burns me up. WHO CARES what some brain dead hippie protestor does. You have responsibility over your own actions and your own germs. Get off the dang soap box about what somebody else did or didn't do and cover your pie hole.
I cover mine but not with a mask. I go to stores in off peak hours and same for restaurants. There is a group of people on social media in my area that tell people to STAY at home if they don't want to wear a mask. I tell them to STAY THEIR AZZ at home if they don't want to be around people NOT wearing masks. Every one makes THE choice that suits them...I don't want people telling what to do JUST because THEY do it...

Last edited by gander; 06/25/20 08:32 PM.
Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Tallgrass05] #13608080 06/25/20 08:39 PM
G
gander Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
Don't blame protestors.

It's social gatherings, parties, churches, etc., with much of the spread attributed to younger people.

Can't be the protestors. Just can't be. The virus is smart enough to avoid them.

They were smart enough to wear masks.
That is total BS..and you know it..SMH

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: gander] #13608082 06/25/20 08:40 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Originally Posted by gander
I cover mine but not with a mask. I go to stores in off peak hours and same for restaurants. There is a group of people on social media in my area that tell people to STAY at home if they don't want to wear a mask. I tell them to STAY THEIR AZZ at home if they don't want to be around people NOT wearing masks. Every one makes THE choice that suits them...I don't want people telling what to do JUST because THEY do it...

Perfect. I'm all about personal responsibility and freedom. You do you.

BUT. If a shop owner says "No mask, no service" That is also their right to refuse service. So, if you get caught being a jerk like the guy down here that hit a county judge in Lowes, you're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy.

Oh and there might be just a little schadenfreude if you do refuse to wear a mask and manage to get sick.

Last edited by Kattelyn; 06/25/20 08:44 PM. Reason: Clarification. I wasn't as clear as I should have been.
Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Allison1] #13608090 06/25/20 08:45 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Try any three numbers followed by "Freeman Boats" and see what you get. Make sense?

Search Results
Web results

Freeman Boatworks — The new standard in offshore ...
www.freemanboatworks.com
We build custom boats for those who demand the best in quality, comfort, and performance. With a reputation for setting the standard, we are committed to never ...
Missing: 715 ‎| Must include: 715

Sorry, I couldn't resist! grin

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Kattelyn] #13608100 06/25/20 08:53 PM
G
gander Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
G

Perfect. I'm all about personal responsibility and freedom. You do you.

BUT. If a shop owner says "No mask, no service" That is also their right to refuse service. So, if you get caught being a jerk like the guy down here that hit a county judge in Lowes, you're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy.

Oh and there might be just a little schadenfreude if you do refuse to wear a mask and manage to get sick.
If a shop owner requires it then ok ...It is my choice to go in or not. In my county it is left up to the individual business. If they require a mask so be it ...BUT NO ONE is mandating that and that is how things should be done...IMO

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13608103 06/25/20 08:58 PM
G
gander Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
A simple truth. If it gets worse, there will be more control measures.

It does not matter what you believe. What the people who want to ignore whats happening are ignoring all the actions that have been taken so far.

Yes, Mark, I do think those who want the economy to keep going but not use spacing and every other measure to slow the spread are just working against that desire. That simple truth above, unless you convince those in place like the governor and the feds to change their tactics, are going to be the reason we either slow the economy or let it alone.

It can't be any clearer. If you want the economy to keep going, be cognizant of whatever will slow down Covid or not let it grow.
If it multiplies its going to have a negative impact on the economy.

Here’s where I think you miss the mark. You don’t work in the private sector. You don’t see first hand what it’s doing to businesses to a great degree. You are welcome to your opinion. I believe you would see it differently if you could see it from some different perspectives. Economies are not rock solid. They’re all intertwined, and dependent on a lot of factors, which start with people spending money on goods and services. Look at oil and gas and the airline industry right now. They’re not happy. More importantly, those industries are not going to be the same size they were shortly. It’s going to be a compound effect.

Again, in my opinion, we have to fight through it. We must keep things going.

Our business is struggling badly. well said!!
As are MANY others

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Bob Davis] #13608111 06/25/20 09:03 PM
G
gander Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Bob Davis

If we slow it, does it go away? I don’t believe it does. What amount of time is ok to have these measures, which harm the economy, in place? 1 year? 3 years? 10 years? 20 years? There is no plan, other than slowing it.

It’s a waste of time. Look how quickly it spread around the country, and around the world. I believe the best thing is to have the numbers grow. Let’s go for her immunity. This sort of pregnant situation is just stupid.

It’s easier to lock the vulnerable away for a month or six weeks than it is for years. Let’s rip that band aid off, and get on with life.

Yes. This is what bothers me about the whole china flu mask mandate bovine scat. What virus will the chinese force upon us next year? Do we become the chinese wearing masks everywhere always? Living in fear is not living in freedom. Of course those on the left who always think that we (USA) should be more like other countries will love this. They can post on FB, "look at how nice we follow our leaders with our cutesy little maskies". What's next for PPE? Hazmat suits?

If we don't stop this nonsense and get the economy going again, we are going to go the way of Venezuela and we will really see what poverty is.

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: gander] #13608113 06/25/20 09:06 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
If a shop owner requires it then ok ...It is my choice to go in or not. In my county it is left up to the individual business. If they require a mask so be it ...BUT NO ONE is mandating that and that is how things should be done...IMO

See, here's where I run into the wall.

As I said in my previous post, I'm all about personal responsibility and freedoms. Issuing a mandate that you must wear a mask offends me at the deepest level... here's where the great big but comes into play.

But people are dumb.

Because the plague isn't literally bleeding on our doorstep, we will go through every denial we possibly can until we run out of options. We're not in danger. It doesn't effect me. I'm in an age bracket that is immune. Hell, we will even go as far as saying we don't care if we die just to absolve ourselves from the potential consequences of our actions.... that it may not only effect us, but those we care the most about.

Also, think about it like this.... can the government place a ban on smoking in public places because it has an effect on the health of non-smokers? It's the same issue. Because your actions have a direct result on me, that's where it is no longer just your own freedoms that are being impinged.

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Kattelyn] #13608117 06/25/20 09:12 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
See, here's where I run into the wall.

As I said in my previous post, I'm all about personal responsibility and freedoms. Issuing a mandate that you must wear a mask offends me at the deepest level... here's where the great big but comes into play.

But people are dumb.

Because the plague isn't literally bleeding on our doorstep, we will go through every denial we possibly can until we run out of options. We're not in danger. It doesn't effect me. I'm in an age bracket that is immune. Hell, we will even go as far as saying we don't care if we die just to absolve ourselves from the potential consequences of our actions.... that it may not only effect us, but those we care the most about.

Also, think about it like this.... can the government place a ban on smoking in public places because it has an effect on the health of non-smokers? It's the same issue. Because your actions have a direct result on me, that's where it is no longer just your own freedoms that are being impinged.

Don't forget "I am willing to bet it will all but disappear after the election..I may be wrong but we shall see". It will go away in a few months because all those deaths are just a political ploy.

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Tallgrass05] #13608125 06/25/20 09:17 PM
S
Stonebriar Offline
Angler
Angler
S

I think you have been wearing your tin foil hat too tight.

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: gander] #13608131 06/25/20 09:23 PM
R
rangerb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Texans are really stubborn and determined to be independent. We should have expected Texas to be a hot spot. I expect the same folks were against seat belts, speed limits, helmets and probable life jacks when they first came out.

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: rangerb] #13608134 06/25/20 09:26 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by rangerb
Texans are really stubborn and determined to be independent. We should have expected Texas to be a hot spot. I expect the same folks were against seat belts, speed limits, helmets and probable life jacks when they first came out.

Correct. I am in favor or of making decisions for myself. I am against government making decisions for me.

You may prefer the government to decide what is best for you.

Re: Tarrant County Friday [Re: Davedave] #13608135 06/25/20 09:27 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by rangerb

Correct. I am in favor or of making decisions for myself. I am against government making decisions for me.

You may prefer the government to decide what is best for you.

Your on fire today!

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide