Page 1 of 2 1 2
Things that make you cringe! #13603932 06/22/20 02:13 PM
C
Coolarrow Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I was fishing the area between Stanley creek and the Brick Yard on Sam Rayburn Saturday morning. A bass boat was running the lane that runs north off of Hanks Creek up towards the 103. When he passed the island in front of Stanley creek on the lake side, he turned toward where I was and ran wide open through all that timber. Not following the shore, right through that forest. Most of which is about. 6” to a 1’ under water right now. I stopped fishing and watched, waiting to see a boat destroyed. It’s hard to idle through there!! He Made it. He stopped about 300 yards from me and started fishing my way. When I passed him I ask if he was fishing a tourney and he said he was.. That’s all I said. I didn’t want to spoil his luck! Lol He needed it running up there like that. Made me cringe.. lol

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: Coolarrow] #13603935 06/22/20 02:15 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
See the same thing on Fork all the time.

Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: Coolarrow] #13603984 06/22/20 02:57 PM
White Oak Skeeter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Even worse, is the pleasure boaters who see no trees, get kids on the tubes, and haul rear. Not knowing the number of trees right under the surface. Seems there are more pleasure boaters on Fork these days and you see it all the time. I've "mentioned" the fact there are trees everywhere and more often than not, they seem annoyed at my saying something, no matter how nicely worded. When I tell them the only good place to tube is by the dam, they really seem annoyed. I guess I should keep my mouth shut and let a child get hurt or killed. I am truly shocked there aren't more people hurt badly out of ignorance on Fork, Rayburn, Toledo Bend, etc. Sorry, oxymoron, pleasure boaters and ignorance!

Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: Coolarrow] #13603991 06/22/20 03:04 PM
~
~Moose~ Offline
Angler
Angler
~
Just reading it makes me cringe... I lost a motor on an old bass boat many years ago running in a marked lane on Anacoco Lake in Louisiana. Sun was just coming up and the water was glass. A submerged tree had become uprooted and was floating just under the surface in the middle of the lane. I saw it right as it went under the bow which was too late. After a loud bang and the motor cover landing between my son and I, things got really quiet as we glided to a stop. Busted the cast transom motor mount. Hits you in the gut when you first turn around and see no motor. It was hanging under water by the steering and power cables. My son, who was about 5 or so at the time, just asked why we couldnt keep fishing since we still had the "little motor" up front.... roflmao

Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: ~Moose~] #13603997 06/22/20 03:11 PM
C
Coolarrow Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by ~Moose~
Just reading it makes me cringe... I lost a motor on an old bass boat many years ago running in a marked lane on Anacoco Lake in Louisiana. Sun was just coming up and the water was glass. A submerged tree had become uprooted and was floating just under the surface in the middle of the lane. I saw it right as it went under the bow which was too late. After a loud bang and the motor cover landing between my son and I, things got really quiet as we glided to a stop. Busted the cast transom motor mount. Hits you in the gut when you first turn around and see no motor. It was hanging under water by the steering and power cables. My son, who was about 5 or so at the time, just asked why we couldnt keep fishing since we still had the "little motor" up front.... roflmao

Man that’s scary! But you got to love a kid that loves to fish!!

Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: White Oak Skeeter] #13604009 06/22/20 03:23 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by ForneySkeeter
Even worse, is the pleasure boaters who see no trees, get kids on the tubes, and haul rear. Not knowing the number of trees right under the surface. Seems there are more pleasure boaters on Fork these days and you see it all the time. I've "mentioned" the fact there are trees everywhere and more often than not, they seem annoyed at my saying something, no matter how nicely worded. When I tell them the only good place to tube is by the dam, they really seem annoyed. I guess I should keep my mouth shut and let a child get hurt or killed. I am truly shocked there aren't more people hurt badly out of ignorance on Fork, Rayburn, Toledo Bend, etc. Sorry, oxymoron, pleasure boaters and ignorance!

watched 2 wet bikes at the mouth of williams about 3 weeks back, goofin out where all the lanes merge.
as for tubers being pulled, I just ask if they know about the 12' gators in fork then leave.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: Coolarrow] #13604222 06/22/20 06:08 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Watching that kinda stuff used to make me cringe too. Now, I just enjoy the show.

No amount of suggesting they take it easy in certain areas ever goes well received. So....it’s not worth talking to anyone.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: ~Moose~] #13604328 06/22/20 07:29 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

The number of times I have seen pics of outboards sitting on the back deck with the prop in the seating area would make me glad it was hanging under water like yours! bolt

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: Coolarrow] #13604397 06/22/20 08:16 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
when people say ding when they catch a dink

Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: Coolarrow] #13604500 06/22/20 09:38 PM
O
One fish Bill Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
There are new hazard buoys in the stump field in front of Waters Edge Subdivision On Granbury after a Tahoe sunk and several other accidents happened to the pleasure boaters. My fishing partner and I remarked it was just a matter of time the last time we saw them to wining tubes and wake boarders in the area.

Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: Coolarrow] #13604698 06/23/20 12:42 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Things that make cringe....Idiots that can't fugure out how to park a boat and trailer. Idiots that have a $70,000 + boat and have no idea how to launch it or load it.

Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: Coolarrow] #13604713 06/23/20 01:04 AM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
years ago My son and I were fishing early sept. on lake ferguson which is river fed lake at Greenville,ms….river had dropped the lake level quite a bit from summer normal and there's a saddle that ran from a point out to an island that typically had 8-10 ft of water over it and ski boats would pull skiers or beach their boats on back side of the island...this day there was no more than a foot or so of water covering the saddle and we saw a ski boat with several guys in it headed towards the saddle where we fishing off the side of it...we stood up and waved our arms,they slowed down maybe 100 yards away or less and I heard one of them say "screw that S.O.B. he doesn't own the lake,we can go through there" or similar words and they cranked up and came through there wide open for about 30 yards and then spent the next 30 minutes wading around knee deep and covered with mud dragging that inboard/outboard ski boat off that mud flat.....they were probably 30 yards away,I never said a word and they never would even look in my direction...

Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: beartrap] #13604756 06/23/20 01:52 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I watched several boats keep fishing during a big thunder storm yesterday on Grapevine, I was hiding in a boat slip, praying no one got struck, especially the two guys who had what looked like a 6 year old boy in the boat with them.

[Linked Image]
Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: Happykamper] #13604882 06/23/20 05:52 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Happykamper
I watched several boats keep fishing during a big thunder storm yesterday on Grapevine, I was hiding in a boat slip, praying no one got struck, especially the two guys who had what looked like a 6 year old boy in the boat with them.

Ever had your line hover up in the air after a cast? ....or make a buzzing sound? I have, and we got the you-know-what outta Dodge quick! (This was happening before any snap-crackle pop activity had started.)

Re: Things that make you cringe! [Re: BigDozer66] #13604883 06/23/20 06:01 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by BigDozer66

The number of times I have seen pics of outboards sitting on the back deck with the prop in the seating area would make me glad it was hanging under water like yours! bolt

I worry about the outboard joining the occupants of the boat as well. Over the years, I've read numerous horror stories that had life-altering (or ending) results. I recently noticed a safety product on a boat featured for sale in the classifieds. It was a tether called "the leash" that was meant to help keep the outboard outside the boat. I learned it is leveraged technology used to tether axle-end assemblies on race cars so they don't go flying after a crash. I bought one within 5 days. It may not be fool-proof, but it can't hurt to try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide