Page 1 of 2 1 2
I'm so confused. #13602083 06/20/20 05:56 PM
C
Chevy4dr57 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
I’m so confused right now. I see signs all over saying black lives matter. I’m just trying to figure out which black lives matter. It can’t be the unborn black babies. They are destroyed without a second thought. It’s not black cops. They don’t seem to matter. It’s not my black conservative friends. They are told to shut the **** up if they know what’s best for them by their black counterparts. It’s not black business owners. Their property does not mean anything. It’s not blacks who fought in the military. Their statues are destroyed by the black lives matter protesters with disdain. So which black lives matter again?

I can’t keep up. I just can’t. I’m exhausted trying to figure out what we’re all supposed to do, believe, and be offended and outraged by next.

Two months ago, First Responders were all the rage. In fact, they were heroes. We gave them free coffee, meals, and cheers as they drove by.Today we hate them and want them defunded because they can’t be trusted.

Two months ago, truck drivers were the heroes, as well, for keeping America moving and the grocery stores stocked. Today we block the roads with protesters, drag them out of the cabs and beat them half to death.

Nurses and Doctors are still cool for now. But they may be unemployed. They too are heroes, unless of course they truly believe all lives matter. Then they’re filled with hate and are part of the problem like so many others.

Just 45 days ago protests weren’t “essential” and were considered criminal, selfish and a murderous activity. Today they are gloriously critical and celebrated. All of the obvious criminal and murderous activities are simply ignored. If you protest about lock-downs for freedom, you are selfish and you will spread a virus. If you protest, loot, and riot for social justice, you are a warrior and the virus cedes.

Trust the experts. No, not those experts. Don’t wear masks ... wear masks, but only good ones. Wait, don’t wear masks, wear anything as a mask. Never mind on the masks. Not sure, but if you don’t, you hate people because you could be an asymptomatic spreader. Wait. That's not a thing anymore?

For 3 months, NOTHING was more important than social distance. In fact, we gave up all of our liberties for it. We canceled schools, medical and dental procedures, yet allowed the murder of babies, canceled activities, closed businesses, eliminated every spring rite of passage from prom to graduation, denied people funerals, even at Arlington, and we wrecked the economy for it. Then came social justice, and social distance was no more. Now things are more cut and dry though. A thousand people at three memorials for someone they never even met. It's a matter of "respect". But you can only assemble 100 or less people.

Black Lives Matter. Of course they do. Then multiple black police officers and individuals were killed during the “peaceful protests”. I don’t see any outrage. Black individually owned businesses burned to the ground. Silence. Deadliest weekend in Chicago. NOTHING!!

I’m really confused now. Look at the data, NO, not that data. Do the math. No, you can’t do the math like that. Only the experts can understand the data and math. What do you mean other cities/states/governors are interpreting the data differently? Pools are safe in Indiana, but not Michigan? Playgrounds are safe in your town but not mine? Amusement parks are safe in Florida but not Ohio, nor Michigan.

Just listen to the black community leaders. No, not them.
If you are silent you are part of the problem. If you speak, you are part of the problem. If you have to ask, you don’t understand. If you don’t ask, you don’t care.

It’s all so predictable, tedious, and exhausting. Nothing adds up. It’s one gigantic common core Math life problem, with ever changing denominators that I’m sure the media and politicians are eagerly ready to solve for us....until the next "crisis".

So for now I pray. I pray God will heal our land and bless the United States of America.

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Chevy4dr57] #13602090 06/20/20 06:03 PM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Chevy4dr57] #13602101 06/20/20 06:28 PM
G
gander Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Chevy4dr57
I’m so confused right now. I see signs all over saying black lives matter. I’m just trying to figure out which black lives matter. It can’t be the unborn black babies. They are destroyed without a second thought. It’s not black cops. They don’t seem to matter. It’s not my black conservative friends. They are told to shut the **** up if they know what’s best for them by their black counterparts. It’s not black business owners. Their property does not mean anything. It’s not blacks who fought in the military. Their statues are destroyed by the black lives matter protesters with disdain. So which black lives matter again?

I can’t keep up. I just can’t. I’m exhausted trying to figure out what we’re all supposed to do, believe, and be offended and outraged by next.

Two months ago, First Responders were all the rage. In fact, they were heroes. We gave them free coffee, meals, and cheers as they drove by.Today we hate them and want them defunded because they can’t be trusted.

Two months ago, truck drivers were the heroes, as well, for keeping America moving and the grocery stores stocked. Today we block the roads with protesters, drag them out of the cabs and beat them half to death.

Nurses and Doctors are still cool for now. But they may be unemployed. They too are heroes, unless of course they truly believe all lives matter. Then they’re filled with hate and are part of the problem like so many others.

Just 45 days ago protests weren’t “essential” and were considered criminal, selfish and a murderous activity. Today they are gloriously critical and celebrated. All of the obvious criminal and murderous activities are simply ignored. If you protest about lock-downs for freedom, you are selfish and you will spread a virus. If you protest, loot, and riot for social justice, you are a warrior and the virus cedes.

Trust the experts. No, not those experts. Don’t wear masks ... wear masks, but only good ones. Wait, don’t wear masks, wear anything as a mask. Never mind on the masks. Not sure, but if you don’t, you hate people because you could be an asymptomatic spreader. Wait. That's not a thing anymore?

For 3 months, NOTHING was more important than social distance. In fact, we gave up all of our liberties for it. We canceled schools, medical and dental procedures, yet allowed the murder of babies, canceled activities, closed businesses, eliminated every spring rite of passage from prom to graduation, denied people funerals, even at Arlington, and we wrecked the economy for it. Then came social justice, and social distance was no more. Now things are more cut and dry though. A thousand people at three memorials for someone they never even met. It's a matter of "respect". But you can only assemble 100 or less people.

Black Lives Matter. Of course they do. Then multiple black police officers and individuals were killed during the “peaceful protests”. I don’t see any outrage. Black individually owned businesses burned to the ground. Silence. Deadliest weekend in Chicago. NOTHING!!

I’m really confused now. Look at the data, NO, not that data. Do the math. No, you can’t do the math like that. Only the experts can understand the data and math. What do you mean other cities/states/governors are interpreting the data differently? Pools are safe in Indiana, but not Michigan? Playgrounds are safe in your town but not mine? Amusement parks are safe in Florida but not Ohio, nor Michigan.

Just listen to the black community leaders. No, not them.
If you are silent you are part of the problem. If you speak, you are part of the problem. If you have to ask, you don’t understand. If you don’t ask, you don’t care.

It’s all so predictable, tedious, and exhausting. Nothing adds up. It’s one gigantic common core Math life problem, with ever changing denominators that I’m sure the media and politicians are eagerly ready to solve for us....until the next "crisis".

So for now I pray. I pray God will heal our land and bless the United States of America.
thumb..

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Chevy4dr57] #13602147 06/20/20 07:11 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Do not conflate peaceful and legal protests with looting.

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Tallgrass05] #13602180 06/20/20 08:03 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05

Where did he do that?

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13602200 06/20/20 08:32 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

Where did he do that?

In TG's mind.

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Tallgrass05] #13602203 06/20/20 08:35 PM
TexDawg Offline
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Where does arson and wanton destruction of property fit in?

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13602242 06/20/20 09:48 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
"Then multiple black police officers and individuals were killed during the “peaceful protests”."

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Tallgrass05] #13602259 06/20/20 10:09 PM
J
JimBridger Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
"Then multiple black police officers and individuals were killed during the “peaceful protests”."

Peaceful Protests have always been the cover for those with an agenda for violence. Those who are truly peaceful protesters need to help stop the violence but they won’t because “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Chevy4dr57] #13602262 06/20/20 10:19 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Peaceful protesters have always been targeted by the status quo.
With MLK, the state and cities targeted peaceful protesters and marchers. LBJ called up the military to protect them from the state.
In Chaz right now, there are two dead and one injured with life threatening injuries.
All came from someone driving into the area, getting out and shooting someone.

We have pointed out the biker gangs and thugs are headed there to end Chaz. How many people have spoken out against that? Not many.

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Allison1] #13602265 06/20/20 10:27 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Boogaloo boys.

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Allison1] #13602267 06/20/20 10:35 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Allison1
Peaceful protesters have always been targeted by the status quo.
With MLK, the state and cities targeted peaceful protesters and marchers. LBJ called up the military to protect them from the state.
In Chaz right now, there are two dead and one injured with life threatening injuries.
All came from someone driving into the area, getting out and shooting someone.

We have pointed out the biker gangs and thugs are headed there to end Chaz. How many people have spoken out against that? Not many.

I hate those fairy liberal airheads that destroyed that area. I would pay money to watch the bikers beat the living shixt out of the cowardly thugs.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Chevy4dr57] #13602268 06/20/20 10:35 PM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Anybody want to go tear down some statues? Apparently, you can just go out with your truck and do whatever you want.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Chevy4dr57] #13602278 06/20/20 11:08 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco

Re: I'm so confused. [Re: Tallgrass05] #13602301 06/20/20 11:29 PM
K
kennerdude Offline
TFF Celebrity