Print Thread
Weekend Fishing is the Worst #13599244 06/18/20 06:16 AM
J
jagg Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
... at least in SA and the surrounding areas. Weekends mean big crowds, tubers other yaks and tight lipped fish. But, we still caught a few on the Lower Guad. Hope y’all enjoy and as always, Stay Sunny!

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless His Holy Name!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBzsXYK-44H5uEUe3WXjmLg
Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: jagg] #13599269 06/18/20 10:24 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Enjoyed both videos awesome job. cheers

Side Note: Since the Virus outbreak I have seen more and more people on the water just about everyday I go out. Prior to that I hardly saw anyone. This was during the weekdays. I usually do not fish weekends due to the crowded water ways. juggle
I do have plenty of spots that no matter what day it is, there is nobody around for miles! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: jagg] #13599286 06/18/20 11:07 AM
P
psalty Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
So happy and thankful to hear folks are on the water and not the streets. Maybe approaching essence of "normalcy" Thank you Lord
Always enjoy the opportunities to see y'all videoing and fishing/catching. Just a quick question, did y'all ever use zebco's or other spin casts? hmmm

Matthew 4:19
Script-Lures by Psalty
founder and directed by the Big Fisherman
Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: jagg] #13599383 06/18/20 12:55 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Like mentioned above. That is why I love to work weekends and fishing during the week. Love it when people are enjoying the outdoors. As always Jagg enjoyed the videos and thanks for sharing. Great job guys and gals. woot

Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: psalty] #13599722 06/18/20 04:54 PM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by psalty
So happy and thankful to hear folks are on the water and not the streets. Maybe approaching essence of "normalcy" Thank you Lord
Always enjoy the opportunities to see y'all videoing and fishing/catching. Just a quick question, did y'all ever use zebco's or other spin casts? hmmm

My only gripe if you want to call it that is people need to remember to follow the social distancing and wearing a mask when around areas that can get crowded, such as a fishing pier or boat dock, or even restrooms.
Just because you are outside and at the lake shouldn't cancel that out! OK I'm done lecturing!
Has anyone used Zebco's or other spin casts?......Most of us were brought up with our first Zebco before we were even able to crawl yet!
I've got a half dozen, and use them regularly!

Just one more cast!

Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: jagg] #13599820 06/18/20 06:44 PM
P
psalty Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
Thanks Jimbo. I myself used Zebco's, even fortunate to still have a mint Zebco green 101 combo (wood handle if you remember those).
I was wondering if Jagg had used any during their video's. It would be interesting to see video's using spincasts again.
I enjoyed also the micro Zebco cast and trigger they brought out although many of the areas were tough impacted by vegetation with using the 4# line.
I was not trying to be political about the streets just glad to see families getting back to outdoors fellowship. Thanks again Jimbo for responding. Y'all have grand fathers' (grandpa's too) day ! fish

Matthew 4:19
Script-Lures by Psalty
founder and directed by the Big Fisherman
Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: jagg] #13600767 06/19/20 01:56 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Enjoyed the videos. Thanks Jagg for sharing.

Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: banker-always fishing] #13604200 06/22/20 05:57 PM
J
jagg Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Enjoyed both videos awesome job. cheers

Side Note: Since the Virus outbreak I have seen more and more people on the water just about everyday I go out. Prior to that I hardly saw anyone. This was during the weekdays. I usually do not fish weekends due to the crowded water ways. juggle
I do have plenty of spots that no matter what day it is, there is nobody around for miles! thumb

I appreciate it Chuck! The Shelter in Place order came down about the same time that Spring really hit in my county so it seems like that first week there was no one out, but after that every where was bustling. Part of the rash of all the NB placed vids is to show people that even if it’s fairly crowded, or at times really crowded, you can still catch fish and sometimes catch quite a few really good specimens! I hope to go to at least one place This week that I’ve been saving up. No one really goes out there. To fish at least. It’s nice and remote and only sometimes sees swimmers. The waters are for everybody. When we are respectful and considerate we can all have a great time out there.

bless His Holy Name!

Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: psalty] #13604213 06/22/20 06:04 PM
J
jagg Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J

Yes indeed! It’s nice to have some semblance of normalcy. I have no doubt He will see us through these trying times because He has seen us through so much! I do have a Zeb 11t that I haven’t fished with in a while. Maybe it’s time to bust that baby out. I don’t think I’ve tried it with the new super line yet. Thanks for the suggestion, psalty! thumb

bless His Holy Name!

Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: Laker One] #13604221 06/22/20 06:06 PM
J
jagg Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Laker One
Like mentioned above. That is why I love to work weekends and fishing during the week. Love it when people are enjoying the outdoors. As always Jagg enjoyed the videos and thanks for sharing. Great job guys and gals. woot

Thanks for the kind words and allowing us to entertain, LO! Not much better than seeing and hearing how other folks responsibly enjoy the great outdoors! fish

bless His Holy Name!

Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: Jimbo] #13604228 06/22/20 06:10 PM
J
jagg Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Jimbo

My only gripe if you want to call it that is people need to remember to follow the social distancing and wearing a mask when around areas that can get crowded, such as a fishing pier or boat dock, or even restrooms.
Just because you are outside and at the lake shouldn't cancel that out! OK I'm done lecturing!
Has anyone used Zebco's or other spin casts?......Most of us were brought up with our first Zebco before we were even able to crawl yet!
I've got a half dozen, and use them regularly!

I hear you for sure Jimbo. It’s crazy how something that is really just a new form of common courtesy can be brought down into the dens of politics and division nowadays. Oh well. bang Just gotta roll with the punches and try to teach thru love.

bless His Holy Name!

Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: Gitter Done] #13604231 06/22/20 06:11 PM
J
jagg Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Enjoyed the videos. Thanks Jagg for sharing.

You’re very welcome, GD! Glad you enjoyed em! clap

bless His Holy Name!

Re: Weekend Fishing is the Worst [Re: Jimbo] #13604435 06/22/20 08:44 PM
K
K3913 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K

Just because you are outside and at the lake shouldn't cancel that out! [quote]

No.

Last edited by K3913; 06/22/20 08:45 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide