steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by crankn101
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
I'm sorry guys, but you're just all victims of the media.....700k police, MILLIONS of police/citizen contacts annually.....the failure rate, things that should NOT HAPPEN....is an tiny fraction of a percentage point....until you get robots, it's virtually impossible to do better....always train, good hiring practices, prosecute those illegal acts ourselves to the fullest extent of the law, and that's it....that is all ...period

Far to many interactions. Let's get back to that whole land of the free thing.

350 million police interactions per year. You can have zero interactions with the police per year if you want, just don't break the law. I know this to be true, because I do it all the time. That's step one, not breaking the law. Step two is to be respectful and not fight the police if you do have an interaction. Follow those two basic rules and you've got a 99.9999% chance of nothing bad happening to you.

Josh, the fact that a large number of adults, many here on the TFF included, don’t get this simple fact, is really sad and exactly why we are in this turmoil right now-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13595333 06/15/20 03:04 PM
F
Fish Chaser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
If the blacks would stop verbally abusing and physically resisting the police then all this nonsense would stop. That is the only answer.

Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13595905 06/15/20 09:48 PM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
I have really been wondering where the Hispanics fit in here. If there was a racism issue, it would make since that they would also have a number of incidents to protest. I also believe a larger number of gangs are Hispanic. We are close to Mexico here, where is their outrage?
I have a suspicion it has to do with getting deported vs jailed and guess which population doesn't fight back as much.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: Pilothawk] #13595942 06/15/20 10:18 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Pilothawk

I would like to see resisting arrest with violence carry a mandatory ten year sentence in addition to whatever the underlying charge
Carries.

Best idea on here. If they knew they were facing ten years for resisting maybe they would stop and stay alive.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: Chris B] #13595959 06/15/20 10:26 PM
K
Kicker16 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by Pilothawk

I would like to see resisting arrest with violence carry a mandatory ten year sentence in addition to whatever the underlying charge
Carries.

Best idea on here. If they knew they were facing ten years for resisting maybe they would stop and stay alive.

Good one thumb

Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: Bob Davis] #13596062 06/15/20 11:45 PM
O
Oldrabbit Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
The police are not the problem. The root cause does not exist there. You are wasting your time.

They can come up with hundreds of ideas to fix the "police problem" and it won't change much of anything. We need to fix the criminal problem, the resisting arrest problem, the single parent with 6 kids problem, the all of the 6 kids having a different daddy problem, the schools teaching the kids that they are victims problem, etc.

Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: Bob Davis] #13596063 06/15/20 11:48 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
The police are not the problem. The root cause does not exist there. You are wasting your time.

Sure, cops are not the problem.

Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: Oldrabbit] #13596071 06/15/20 11:55 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Oldrabbit

They can come up with hundreds of ideas to fix the "police problem" and it won't change much of anything. We need to fix the criminal problem, the resisting arrest problem, the single parent with 6 kids problem, the all of the 6 kids having a different daddy problem, the schools teaching the kids that they are victims problem, etc.

Succinctly stated and spot on. The big problems that the libs refuse to confront.

Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13596123 06/16/20 12:40 AM
B
Bassnhog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by JRGOCARDS
Teach kids how to act when they are being arrested/detained . Fight it out in the courtroom not on the street with the police.

JR

I agree. Here is a good training video for the youngin's of all races.
How to interact with Law Enforcement.

Semper Fi-shing
Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13596282 06/16/20 02:39 AM
B
birddogcatfish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
-There is no war on drugs
-Most crimes stimulate from drugs
- The aggressive uniforms are not the problem, all they are is an attempt To get things off our belts to reduce back pain
- College definitely doesn’t make better Officers
- Not all military men make good Officers

The problem is weak DA’s, nobody gets the time they need for doing bad stuff
There is no true mental health help
The media is horrible, don’t fall in the trap

Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: steveiam] #13596310 06/16/20 03:00 AM
C
crankn101 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by steveiam
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
I'm sorry guys, but you're just all victims of the media.....700k police, MILLIONS of police/citizen contacts annually.....the failure rate, things that should NOT HAPPEN....is an tiny fraction of a percentage point....until you get robots, it's virtually impossible to do better....always train, good hiring practices, prosecute those illegal acts ourselves to the fullest extent of the law, and that's it....that is all ...period

350 million police interactions per year. You can have zero interactions with the police per year if you want, just don't break the law. I know this to be true, because I do it all the time. That's step one, not breaking the law. Step two is to be respectful and not fight the police if you do have an interaction. Follow those two basic rules and you've got a 99.9999% chance of nothing bad happening to you.

Josh, the fact that a large number of adults, many here on the TFF included, don’t get this simple fact, is really sad and exactly why we are in this turmoil right now-

This is where you guys are 100% wrong. In a lot of areas they pull people over for just driving after a certain time and on the highway system in TX they run dogs around your vehicle at govt controlled storp points and search your vehicle. Both of these are against the Constitution and create hatred for cops. Agree with me or not, I'm correct.

Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: Tallgrass05] #13596331 06/16/20 03:23 AM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05

Sure, cops are not the problem.

Please try to educate yourself somewhat. I'll wait.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: crankn101] #13596339 06/16/20 03:32 AM
Pinkus Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

This is where you guys are 100% wrong. In a lot of areas they pull people over for just driving after a certain time and on the highway system in TX they run dogs around your vehicle at govt controlled storp points and search your vehicle. Both of these are against the Constitution and create hatred for cops. Agree with me or not, I'm correct.

Well don’t beat around the bush, tell us what you did to have a bad experience with law enforcement? You hiding drugs or illegals at those checkpoints? You out running around up to no good at night? Did they touch your private places?

People who don’t break the law or have anything to hide have no trouble with law enforcement... That’s a fact jack.. Thanks for playing, better luck next time

Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: crankn101] #13596348 06/16/20 03:45 AM
F
FowlTrouble Offline
Angler
Angler
F
[quote=Jpurdue][quote=crankn101][quote=txmasterpo]I'm sorry guys, but you're just all victims of the media.....700k police, MILLIONS of police/citizen contacts annually.....the failure rate, things that should NOT HAPPEN....is an tiny fraction of a percentage point....until you get robots, it's virtually impossible to do better....always train, good hiring practices, prosecute those illegal acts ourselves to the fullest extent of the law, and that's it....that is all ...period

Far to many interactions. Let's get back to that whole land of the free thing. [/quote

WTH are you talking about? Where do you live that you are seeing these outlandish accusations? From your past posts its obvious you are one of “them”. Heres your opportunity to backup what you say.

Re: No nonsense police reforms [Re: 9094] #13596353 06/16/20 03:50 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by 9094
Uniform training standards. Right now there are so many different standards it is ridiculous. From buy a gun and take a test to 8 month academies.
Professional “good guys” uniforms. No more tactical cool look. Believe it or not dress and attitude have a lot to do do with each other.
No more blacked out vehicles. Black and white or blue and white should be national standard.
Training on first use of better non lethal weapons. Pepper ball guns etc, tasers etc. Instant deployment in a bad situation before deadly force can be used to end confrontations fast. If a pepper ball is deployed to soon the officer might be disciplined but no one will be dead.

There are many things that can be listed here.
Most importantly have a mental test that every law enforcement candidate has to take. Many in the LE profession have a superior attitude and believe they are right always. It takes a special person to be cool enough to access a situation and make a cool headed decision.

How about you play cop for a while. Get out your pepperball gun and fire a few - while 'ol Tyrone is emptying a magazine of .40 S&W hollowpoints in your general direction. Would that be about what we need? On vehicles, what prominent visual means of immediate identification & marking will we ask all felons to use for THEIR vehicles? Shouldn't we at least allow for a level playing field? In the American Revolution, the British were the "redcoats" and U.S. militia were a ragtag bunch, often with no uniform to readily identify them. How'd that work out for the British?

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide