Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Catch the Fever Rods?? #13591657 06/11/20 09:07 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Anybody running the Big Cat Fever rods? I love my whisker seeker FMJs but I’ve been having to add gimbal butt pads to my planer rods so I started looking around at what some other experienced planer boarders like using. I ordered one of the Big Cat Fever trolling rods designed for pulling planer boards. Zakk Royce endorses them and said he helped dial in the rod blanks with his planer boards which are also the boards I pull. Zakk is a pioneer when it comes to planer boarding for trophy catfish and he is the reason I started planer boarding 5 yrs ago. I figured whichever rod he is using must be worth a look. I’m pairing it with a Tekota 600 hga and I will let you guys know how they pull as soon as I get my hands on it. texas

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Catch the Fever Rods?? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13592030 06/12/20 02:05 AM
C
clk Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I’ve been using them for awhile. I’m getting away from them now. Had a couple turn yellow the cork handle on one fell apart in no time. The other handles don’t seem to be much better the rod holders seem to dig into them and the butt piece fell off of one. I heard great things about there customer service but when I contacted them I was told I probably didn’t use or store them right. That turned me off to them. I have $40 dollar ugly sticks that are older and in better shape.

Cooper Lake Trophy Catfishing on Facebook
Re: Catch the Fever Rods?? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13592133 06/12/20 03:57 AM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Aw hell! Well at least I only bought 1. The one I bought has EVA foam handle with x grips so hopefully they will hold up better than the cork. I will keep my fingers crossed that the newer rods have resolved some of the issues you were having. If I don’t like the rod I can always add it to my collection of high end fishing gear that collects dust in my barn. .

Re: Catch the Fever Rods?? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13592278 06/12/20 12:51 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
I'm going to wrap one of my catfish rod handles with paracord. HG Catfishing has a neat video on how to do it. I don't like the foam or cork handles.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Catch the Fever Rods?? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13592339 06/12/20 01:36 PM
G
G Love Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
I've always used Pro Anglers once ole DEERSTRANGLER got me on em back in the day.. talkin like 2009-2010. But I honestly, those rods Chad did by Whisker Seeker are pretty sharp. No sure I've felt anything better for TX catfishin applications.

There was a Team Catfish rod that was really nice too. I think it was a 1/2 ton. That was probably the best box fish rod I ever felt. Bobby Kubin ran them, i remember. Really nice feelin' rods for open water or box fish.

Last edited by G Love; 06/12/20 01:38 PM.
Re: Catch the Fever Rods?? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13592377 06/12/20 02:01 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I bought some para cord and a para cord sewing needle. Was planning on wrapping one of my handles if I ever get around to it. I did wrap a couple with Winn wraps and the whisker seekers rods I installed them on feel a lot better and ride better in the rod holders with the Winn wraps for sure. Catfishing gear is finally getting more attention so I expect one of these companies to develop a better handle soon. Seems like an easy fix to me. I’d like to see a grip that is similar feel to a dirt bike or a mountain bike grip that has a slightly tacky silicone feel. Golf clubs and tennis rackets have a good grip. I had better grips on my Honda CR 125 and that was 30 freakin yrs ago. texas

Re: Catch the Fever Rods?? [Re: G Love] #13592394 06/12/20 02:19 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by G Love
I've always used Pro Anglers once ole DEERSTRANGLER got me on em back in the day.. talkin like 2009-2010. But I honestly, those rods Chad did by Whisker Seeker are pretty sharp. No sure I've felt anything better for TX catfishin applications.

There was a Team Catfish rod that was really nice too. I think it was a 1/2 ton. That was probably the best box fish rod I ever felt. Bobby Kubin ran them, i remember. Really nice feelin' rods for open water or box fish.

I’ve owned all 3 of those rods and they are all good but not ideal for pulling boards. My favorite rods currently are my WHisker Seeker FMJ MH but there are several things I would change on it. I would prefer the grip to have a slightly larger diameter and I need the rod to have a gimbal end cap.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide