Forums59
Topics1,038,939
Posts13,955,899
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: senko9S] #13589952 06/10/20 05:55 PM
Bandit 200 XP Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by senko9S
dang Barrett, i was looking forward to seeing yalls weight. sounds strange...

thumb

Triton 200 XP
200 Yamaha 0X66
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589975 06/10/20 06:17 PM
PEDRO H. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Barrett
Originally Posted by Hook'em79
That is [censored] Barrett. If you meet all the requirements posted in their rules section for being able to fish their trail then you should be allowed to fish. Only thing that I would think that would have caused a different outcome is if you were publicly bashing his trail and him for his decisions. If what you stated was correct then I would tell him to shove his trail up his a$$ and move on and never fish it again. Chicken $hit move on his part to not talk to you about it man to man as well if he had a problem still from a previous situation and let it get out.

My posts 13 months ago to him were publically bashing his trail per his words. That’s apparently why I’m not being able to fish. I’m not even mad about it. It’s only a tournament and life moves on.

lets see all the conversations from FB and away from FB

I don't know you personally Barrett, but I know Donnie very well and it would take something more serious than what I have read here to make him not let you fish .

Donnie is a stand up guy and has no problem telling it like it is. hes fair with no gray areas.

if you are not even mad about it then why post it on here?? why not move on with life?

story sounds a little one sided.
someone didn't get there way after running their mouth a little too much? now pissed because they cant fish the lake they like?

He told you where he would be on Saturday, so why not go up and talk face to face and settle it and get it squashed.
Donnie is 52 and is not going to try and fight you LOL because that is the way you made it sound in your post.

Pete B. Hernandez
Matthew 4:19

www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: PEDRO H.] #13589987 06/10/20 06:25 PM
Barrett Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SKEETER_MAN_225
That is [censored] Barrett. If you meet all the requirements posted in their rules section for being able to fish their trail then you should be allowed to fish. Only thing that I would think that would have caused a different outcome is if you were publicly bashing his trail and him for his decisions. If what you stated was correct then I would tell him to shove his trail up his a$$ and move on and never fish it again. Chicken $hit move on his part to not talk to you about it man to man as well if he had a problem still from a previous situation and let it get out.

My posts 13 months ago to him were publically bashing his trail per his words. That’s apparently why I’m not being able to fish. I’m not even mad about it. It’s only a tournament and life moves on.

I don't know you personally Barrett, but I know Donnie very well and it would take something more serious than what I have read here to make him not let you fish .

Donnie is a stand up guy and has no problem telling it like it is. hes fair with no gray areas.

if you are not even mad about it then why post it on here?? why not move on with life?

someone didn't get there way after running their mouth a little too much? now pissed because they cant fish the lake they like?

He told you were he would be on Saturday, so why not go up and talk face to face and settle it and get it squashed.
Donnie is 52 and is not going to try and fight you LOL because that is the way you made it sound in your post.

I’ll be at weigh in supporting my friends. I’ve got every message starting with the first one he sent me to start it all.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589992 06/10/20 06:29 PM
PEDRO H. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
good deal,
this can be worked out better than this Post and the one on FB.

Pete B. Hernandez

www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590002 06/10/20 06:35 PM
M
m.sherman Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
I just want to thank you for letting us know Barrett about this situation So i can make a informed decision on fishing this trail.
His decision to not let you fish does seem very childish no matter what you said really should not make much of a difference cause his decision seems based only on his dislike of you.
Not very professional on his part. Which being professional is what we should expect from a tourney director. Does not always happen that way.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: PEDRO H.] #13590008 06/10/20 06:40 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

He told you were he would be on Saturday, so why not go up and talk face to face and settle it and get it squashed.

wow, this comes across extremely unprofessional as well. childish at best.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: senko9S] #13590021 06/10/20 06:46 PM
PEDRO H. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by senko9S

wow, this comes across extremely unprofessional as well. childish at best.

how so?

Pete B. Hernandez

www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590026 06/10/20 06:53 PM
Champion1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Give me your waypoints and I will, out of the kindness of my heart, fish in your place. We will show those guys!!!!!

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590027 06/10/20 06:53 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
[Linked Image]

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590039 06/10/20 06:59 PM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Haha y’all go get em! What’s funny is this is from back in May. Although we were told we could still fish the fall championship- I’ve got the text from the man himself. No words spoken since. Then just randomly I find out yesterday I’m banned. Was pulled out of thin air!

Why were you told you could still fish the championship? That makes it sound like you were banned from the trail but still allowed to fish the championship you had qualified for. I don’t know why else it would be explicitly stated you could still fish unless it was in question.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590084 06/10/20 07:16 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I don't know that I would want to fish a Trail that doesn't believe in the very first amendment this country, that allows us to fish for fun, was founded on. His trail, his rules, is a crappy way to look at that. Don't know much about him or the trail, but that's childish. It's immature. Frankly, it's against what this country stands for. I'm no big time spit out Patriotism type person, but I do believe freedom of speech is important, and that oppressing that never leads to good.

If you don't like what someone has to say you ignore it and go on. You don't pick up your ball and go home when you get your feelings hurt. But that's just my opinion on it.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590136 06/10/20 08:03 PM
crankbait745 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
We were going to fish his trail next year but now will definitely be fishing Bass champs!!

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590174 06/10/20 08:27 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
These types of issues are always difficult to navigate but as a tournament organizer myself I understand completely why TTO would pass on the entry. Not pretending to know the whole story and I'm sure it lies somewhere in the middle as always. We have rules related to taking your issues to social or the forum boards and we've sent people packing. As I've learned over the years, anglers tend to think some things are up for debate when they're not and every single trail out there has language in their rules to deny an entry. Regardless these are always tough decisions.

TTO runs a great trail and their track record proves it. One angler and one issue on the TFF isn't changing that.

My two cents...

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590189 06/10/20 08:40 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
As has been pointed out, there are two sides to every story. Here's what I was told. Apparently Barrett got upset with Donnie last year for canceling or rescheduling a tournament ... I think it was on Lewisville and rescheduled due to high water. Barrett took it to Facebook and called Donnie's integrity in to question. The two texted each other and Donnie said he wanted to meet face-to-face to discuss it. No resolution was reached and Donnie told him last year he was banned from his tournaments. From what I have been told, this is not new news to Barrett.

I know Donnie and he is a reasonable person. If someone is going to bash your business and question your integrity, why would they want to use your business ... and why would you let them in your door? If someone calls a business owner's integrity in to question, it is not unreasonable for the business owner to fire the customer.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590197 06/10/20 08:43 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Seems that a lot of people on this forum must watch CNN and believe everything that the "narrator" is telling them to believe. I would hope that a bunch of outdoorsmen are more intelligent than that. If you read or listen to something and choose to believe that as being the entire truth and then jump in and respond as if whatever you were told is the truth, then you are most likely a fool. Seems to be an awful lot of fools in this country these days.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide