texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,882
Posts13,954,768
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor #13589458 06/10/20 09:08 AM
Barrett Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
So I get a text lastnight from my partner who decided to skip a day of practice on the opens so we could fish TTO Saturday. He said that Another competitor Told him Donnie Moore was not going to let me fish this weekend. Very interesting since we have got two second places and an 8the place in champs on the 3 tournaments held this year and were really looking forward to this event. I had no idea and it was really professional as an organization to hear it from another angler instead of get a personal phone call. I have not missed an even on that lake in 6 years.

Back track to a year ago when they switched lake Lewisville and dozens of teams were shocked and blown away that they decided to move a tournament to I believe eagle mountain instead of Lewisville in May due to high water even though the lake was due to be below full pool (and was) before the tournament. I posted an opinion amid the dozen texts I got I believe on fb and this site just like others did that didn’t understand why you would switch a tournament due to high water on a lake that was below full pool. People didn’t understand although many stayed quite (I’m learning why now).

So when I get this text last night I decide to go right to the source and ask Donnie if this is correct. Last year he texted me about my opinion on the lake change and said if I said one more thing about it he wouldn’t let me fish his trail anymore. That really surprised me but fishing is one of my hobbies so I shut up and never said anything else. Donnie told me lastnight that he is refusing my right to fish the event (just happens to be ray Roberts-huge surprise). I apologized again and he didn’t seem to care. Not to mention the money I donated to his partner when he was sick- I’m not some bad person. Pretty sad days but now my partner has to fish by himself or find someone else all because I had an opinion a year ago about an un expected lake change that many others also did that will get to fish Saturday. Other then your not fishing the other responses bf Donnie were come see me Friday or Saturday you know where I will be and you are not fishing the event. Really mature. I’ve got all the screen shots even from over a year ago. None said I was banned from the trail. I don’t hardly post on this site anymore but wanted to tell my story. I have many mutual friends with the owners of TTO and they were even shocked to hear the news- very disappointing. You ban people for cheating and breaking rules.. not having an opinion and you dang sure shouldn’t brag about not letting someone fish to other anglers. . Guess I’ll do yard work Saturday roflmao

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589468 06/10/20 09:37 AM
fivebites Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
"you don't tug on Supermans cape. You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, and evidently you "don't mess around with Donnie!" Kinda sucks, but it's his rodeo. Not cool that he didn't bother to tell you personally though.

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589511 06/10/20 11:29 AM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
That's how it works. You aren't allowed to have an opinion that differs from the people running the show. Good thing our government isn't run that way, I believe that is called a dictatorship.

It's wrong, because people speaking up and providing their opinions is how organizations progress and improve. If everyone is scared to share their belief then how does the business or organization gather true feedback of their operation?

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589521 06/10/20 11:38 AM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
popcorn

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589531 06/10/20 11:51 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
He asked your opinion about the lake change that was made last year and then said if you say anything else about it that you couldn't fish his trail anymore?

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589535 06/10/20 11:52 AM
Chris B Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Guess I better not say anything. I might want to fish TTO again.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Okie Poke] #13589543 06/10/20 12:02 PM
Barrett Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
He asked your opinion about the lake change that was made last year and then said if you say anything else about it that you couldn't fish his trail anymore?

Myself and a bunch of other teams were questions why they moved their May lew tournament. Nobody understood it. Some stayed silent. Others voiced their opinions. I was in the latter group and now all the sudden I can’t fish Roberts this weekend be cause of a 13 month old opinion.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589590 06/10/20 12:42 PM
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Looks like you pissed him off very bad and he's unwilling to forgive. Pretty simple stuff. File it and move on.

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589601 06/10/20 12:49 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
So he took your money and let you fish all year and now all the sudden he decides he's butt hurt over something that happened a year ago? If he was that angry over what you said he should have dealt with it then. Not a year later. Sounds real suspect to me. I know there is always two sides to a story, and I hope he tells his. However, on the surface this reeks of some outside influence and a person/ group not wanting you to fish. I wonder when he was planning on actually telling you if you had not heard it from somebody else?
Would love to hear his side of the story. Never fished a TTO event, but I have heard some mixed reviews on their events. Will definitely file this under the real negative category.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13589603 06/10/20 12:51 PM
Barrett Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
So he took your money and let you fish all year and now all the sudden he decides he's butt hurt over something that happened a year ago? If he was that angry over what you said he should have dealt with it then. Not a year later. Sounds real suspect to me. I know there is always two sides to a story, and I hope he tells his. However, on the surface this reeks of some outside influence and a person/ group not wanting you to fish. I wonder when he was planning on actually telling you if you had not heard it from somebody else?
Would love to hear his side of the story. Never fished a TTO event, but I have heard some mixed reviews on their events. Will definitely file this under the real negative category.

Have not fished a TTO event this year. I’m assuming I was gonna be told at 5 am at the ramp when I tried to register. Luckily though word got around.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589610 06/10/20 12:57 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Barrett
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

Have not fished a TTO event this year. I’m assuming I was gonna be told at 5 am at the ramp when I tried to register. Luckily though word got around.

Sorry. I misread your original post. Still the communication side should have been handled very different.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589630 06/10/20 01:09 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Sounds like BS to me, but what do I know....

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589640 06/10/20 01:19 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
What a joke! I wouldn’t fish his trail anymore if it were me. [censored] like that runs anglers off. Trust me. I’ve seen it happen to a few trails on Fork when TD’s start making their own rules as seasons go.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589646 06/10/20 01:27 PM
K
Kisndismis Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Sounds personal at this point, walk away. Especially if you think he was going to drop that on you at 5am, he was wanting an early morning poor reaction is my guess then he WOULD be justified in disqualifying you.

Not sure what road you are going down though adding that you donated money to his partner when he was sick. What was your motivation for that, because reading it made it seem like you did it with ulterior motives. In the future donate to things without reservations on what said donation might benefit you in the future.

Watch it happen, make it happen, or say what the hell happened. Capt. Phil Harris F/V Cornelia Marie RIP
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13589674 06/10/20 01:43 PM
tjbubba1 Offline
Angler
Angler
"Not sure what road you are going down though adding that you donated money to his partner when he was sick."
Showing his character Maybe he's a nice guy

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide