Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
It's Tournament Time Again! - CAT Tournament on Lake Tawakoni June 20th #13583659 06/05/20 11:50 AM
Laner Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
We were spoiled with cool temps and a beautiful spring time, but now it feels like Texas again outside as summer is starting to set in. The good news is that with the spawn being completely over, the crappie are now ready to feed heavy and will be grouped up in big numbers all over the state. I have no doubt that I’m preaching to the choir on this one, but right now is the perfect time to go out and stock the freezer for a summertime fish fry. For me, my best bite seems to be on main lake brush and timber anywhere from 8-16ft down. You’ll also notice there are TONS of tiny fry starting to swim around, which is a sign that it is coming time to start downsizing your presentation to match the hatch.

Now for the official business. Last week, the board voted that we are ready to get our tournament season back up and going. We felt that with the proper steps taken, from both the board and the CAT members alike, we can go back to having fun and being competitive. With that being said, we will be holding the next qualifier tournament as scheduled on Lake Tawakoni, June the 20th. This tournament will be held at Duck Cove, and will be formatted using our summertime tournament hours of 6:30am-2:00pm. Weigh-in line closes at 2:30pm.

For all anglers looking to compete, please read the following statement:

As a result of Covid-19, for the foreseeable future, the CAT Board of Directors recommends that anglers participating in all CAT Events (tournaments, meetings, etc.) follow all CDC guidelines regarding social distancing and the utilization of personal protective equipment. All anglers should exercise good judgment: if you are sick, please stay home; if you are in a high-risk category or otherwise feel unsafe at public events, CAT respects your decision to stay home. The health and safety of our members is a top priority for CAT, so we encourage everyone to take responsibility for their own health and safety.

As a contestant in this tournament, I understand that it is my responsibility to read and understand the latest rules, or any changes in the rules of this tournament. I have read the rules posted for this tournament and agreed to abide by them. I acknowledge that this tournament has been organized by volunteers and that none of these volunteers, CAT, its members or any sponsors of this tournament will have any liability or responsibility of any kind to me, my partner or any junior angler that may be participating in this event with me. By signing below on behalf of myself and any junior angler, I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless CAT, its members, sponsors, directors, officials, volunteers, all cooperating businesses and organizations and their owners or agents from any and all claims, damages, actions or causes of action of any description whatsoever due to or as a result of, directly or indirectly, my participation or the participation of any junior angler in this event. I understand that while CAT may recommend that contestants in this tournament maintain social distancing or utilize personal protective equipment, I am ultimately responsible for my health and safety and the health and safety of any junior anger at this tournament. I understand that CAT and its members, sponsors, volunteers and officials reserve the right to make any changes they deem to be necessary with regard to this event which may include, but not be limited to, rules changes, modifications to or elimination of prizes, modifications to tournament formats, cancellation or postponement of the tournament, or the addition or deletion of sponsors. I understand that sponsors may donate cash or prizes to be awarded in connection with this tournament and I agree not to hold any individual, volunteer, business, or sponsor responsible or liable with regard to any such donation. I agree to pay all sales tax and any other tax or fee as a result of any cash or prize received by me and I agree to provide CAT representatives with my social security number or other reasonably necessary personal information upon request if I accept cash awards in this tournament. I agree to comply with all local, state and federal laws while participating in this tournament and with regard to any cash or prize I may receive. I also understand and agree that I may be disqualified or banned from this event or any other CAT event for violations of the rules or the commitments I am making in this form, and I may not qualify for, or be required to forfeit, any cash or prize offered hereunder. I agree to submit to a Polygraph test or other truth test as a condition of receiving any cash or prize offered as a result of my competition in this tournament. As a contestant, I agree that my photograph or any photograph of the junior angler participating in this event may be taken and used in connection with the promotion of this event or CAT in general. EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS (682)551-6077 or (817) 266-9811

Long story short, we are trying to protect our anglers, ourselves and ultimately our club. We greatly appreciate everyone’s patience and support throughout a spring when we really weren’t sure at times on how to proceed, as none of us had ever seen a pandemic situation like COVID 19. I for one and very glad that we can go back to fishing and seeing each other again, and I am beyond excited to see how the rest of the 2020 fishing season shapes up. Until we meet again on the water, stay cool out there, catch lots of fish and let’s have some fun catching crappie!

Check Out The New Website!!!

TCU Alumni class of 2009

Owner/Operator Ft. Worth's Premiere Guide Service: www.ftworthfishing.com
817-266-9811

Re: It's Tournament Time Again! - CAT Tournament on Lake Tawakoni June 20th [Re: Laner] #13583666 06/05/20 11:59 AM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Awesome!!! I’m starting to lose my mind!! Course some will say it’s been gone for years!!! roflmao

Re: It's Tournament Time Again! - CAT Tournament on Lake Tawakoni June 20th [Re: Laner] #13585835 06/07/20 10:03 AM
M
maxj Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
M
I'm ready to go! It will be great to see old friends and catch a few fish.

Re: It's Tournament Time Again! - CAT Tournament on Lake Tawakoni June 20th [Re: Laner] #13586702 06/08/20 01:08 AM
shut-up-and-fish Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I hope I remember how to? [censored] I forgot what I was going to say...See ya at weight-in.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide