Forums59
Topics1,038,781
Posts13,952,714
Members144,176
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13581276 06/03/20 06:58 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Originally Posted by reeltexan
It's almost not even worth it to fish on the weekends anymore because of these darned boats. They fill those ballasts up with water and start plowing. Most wakes are usually 3 ft high and will stay in tact all the way to the shore. It just makes for a huge "washing machine" effect all over the lake. It was just stupid at GV yesterday. My new hours for fishing on the weekends will be sun up to about 10am. Then I'm done.....rant over! bang

It was that way years ago. Nothing new. Before that, water skiers used to see how close they could get to a guy fishing in a boat.

No it wasn't that way years ago. I've watched my neighbor graduate each couple of years into a newer, highly sophisticated and technologically advanced boat that will put off biggest, most gigantic waves while plowing at 12-15mph. He brags about what it'll do and sends me videos and pics. I want to tell him how I really feel but I'm trying to keep peace in a great neighborhood. He tells me that this year Malibu has came up with an even better design to hold more water and create the biggest wake that he's ever seen from a wake boat. Guess what? His boat is a 2018 and he's getting ready to upgrade …..AGAIN! It's my own damn fault because 20years ago I taught this guy how to back down a ramp and drive a boat and load a boat back on trailer. At that time, he had a very nice ski boat, what we've all been used to for 40 or so years, or longer for some. They make 'em different nowadays. Also, he complains about the price always going up. This rig is gonna cost him around $140K. He's an idsiot!

eeks

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: tmd11111] #13581320 06/03/20 07:25 PM
C
Chuck72 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Here in San Angelo we don't have much recreational traffic on Twin Buttes, OC Fisher, EV Spence or OH Ivie. Seems everyone with a wakebaord boat and jet flee within 150 miles goes to Lake Nasworthy. That lake it downright dangerous with the traffic on weekends so where does the tournament directors pick for our next club tourny, Nasworthy. About the dumbest decision ever and seems a lot of club member said they aren't fishing it, me included.

Trust me, there are a few on Spence on the weekends. Fortunately they mainly run down by the Dam area. There are a few boats tubing and most of them have no issues tubing close enough to see what bait you are using. As the water drops and more tree tops pop up into view these idiots should start to disappear.

-----------�----------------------------------------
2017 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Yamaha SHO
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13581366 06/03/20 08:08 PM
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
Granted there's been an increase of crazies on the water...they have the same rights to enjoy the water just as much as we do.

Maybe the state of TX should look at curtaining off areas strictly for pleasure boating / fishing during XXX months. They do this in California and it helps with traffic and waves.

I just fish as much during the week as possible and get on at 6 AM off by Noon. It helps a ton.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13581374 06/03/20 08:13 PM
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
They have just as much right to the water as you do.

And yes, I do hate them

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13581389 06/03/20 08:21 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
It's almost not even worth it to fish on the weekends anymore because of these darned boats. They fill those ballasts up with water and start plowing. Most wakes are usually 3 ft high and will stay in tact all the way to the shore. It just makes for a huge "washing machine" effect all over the lake. It was just stupid at GV yesterday. My new hours for fishing on the weekends will be sun up to about 10am. Then I'm done.....rant over! bang

It was that way years ago. Nothing new. Before that, water skiers used to see how close they could get to a guy fishing in a boat.

No it wasn't that way years ago. I've watched my neighbor graduate each couple of years into a newer, highly sophisticated and technologically advanced boat that will put off biggest, most gigantic waves while plowing at 12-15mph. He brags about what it'll do and sends me videos and pics. I want to tell him how I really feel but I'm trying to keep peace in a great neighborhood. He tells me that this year Malibu has came up with an even better design to hold more water and create the biggest wake that he's ever seen from a wake boat. Guess what? His boat is a 2018 and he's getting ready to upgrade …..AGAIN! It's my own damn fault because 20years ago I taught this guy how to back down a ramp and drive a boat and load a boat back on trailer. At that time, he had a very nice ski boat, what we've all been used to for 40 or so years, or longer for some. They make 'em different nowadays. Also, he complains about the price always going up. This rig is gonna cost him around $140K. He's an idsiot!

At $140k it ain't Malibu's flagship, that one starts close to $240k

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: tmd11111] #13581410 06/03/20 08:36 PM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by tmd11111

At $140k it ain't Malibu's flagship, that one starts close to $240k

Well, he's in good with some salesman up there and actually buys new demos which he said saves him money. It may even be a 2019 for all I know but he said that it puts out quite a bit bigger wake than what he currently has... bang

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13581414 06/03/20 08:37 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
prostaffer...

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Mark Perry] #13581966 06/04/20 02:47 AM
C
Chad T Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Dude!!!! We can fish in the morning and surf in the afternoon!

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13581976 06/04/20 02:56 AM
B
bronco71 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I was on GV Monday afternoon with my nephew fishing the rocks on the dam. We were in very easy casting distance of the rocks and there were not that many boats in the area but one of these Mgffthy5444456(*ing decided to go between the dam and our boat. He was actually alone in the boat and we just stared at each other as he went by. Saw him later running down the lake and I pulled even with him and stepped on it and left him behind like he was standing still, LOL

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: adam_p] #13582101 06/04/20 05:17 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by adam_p
As long as they give me my room to fish I don't care. They're just as entitled to use the lake as we are.

Ban those boats, then speed limits, then no tournaments etc. Screw that.

Give me freedom instead.

I agree. Its a slippery slope if we start banning stuff.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Chad T] #13582102 06/04/20 05:18 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Chad T
Dude!!!! We can fish in the morning and surf in the afternoon!

We do need to go fishing soon.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: tx_basser] #13582438 06/04/20 02:01 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by tx_basser
the whole driving in a circle in a calm cove is just the killer.

Yes, because their tiny little boats can't handle big, rough water. They need to find calm water close to the bank so they can be safe.

It must increase their enjoyment somehow to drive their boats through slick water as they are making the biggest wakes possible.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13582516 06/04/20 02:44 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I'm not for banning them or making new laws for them either. Problem with that is we have nothing but idiots making laws and if they can ban a wake boat in places they will end up banning a bass boat in other places. What they could do is actually enforce the drunk boating laws, underage drinking laws, and patrol no wake areas. Doing those would take a big chunk out of the problem. However, GW's seem to really avoid the wake boats. Not sure why. Maybe it looks like a floating pile of paperwork. I sat on Palestine last July 4th and watched a pair of GWs run around that lake for over an hour. They stopped every fisherman on that side of the lake. She drove past literally 50 wake boats acting the fool and never stopped one of them. I found that a bit odd. I've noticed this happen on several other occasions since. Maybe just stopping them and doing a safety check would be a good place to start. Just a thought.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13582669 06/04/20 04:08 PM
P
popcork Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Anyone who can afford a $100,000+ wake boat can afford a lawyer who can get their ticket adjudicated or dismissed.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: bronco71] #13582675 06/04/20 04:12 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bronco71
I was on GV Monday afternoon with my nephew fishing the rocks on the dam. We were in very easy casting distance of the rocks and there were not that many boats in the area but one of these Mgffthy5444456(*ing decided to go between the dam and our boat. He was actually alone in the boat and we just stared at each other as he went by. Saw him later running down the lake and I pulled even with him and stepped on it and left him behind like he was standing still, LOL

popcorn2

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide