Forums59
Topics1,039,182
Posts13,960,486
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13578760 06/01/20 10:19 PM
R
russb Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Those boats wouldn’t be so bad if they weren’t being driven by complete morons. Running back to the ramp last night after sundown but before dark, a wake boat was plowing about 70 yards off the bank with no lights on. Didn’t see them till I hit their wake. Never wanted to beat someone so bad in a long time.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: hopalong] #13578768 06/01/20 10:23 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by hopalong
I heard that about 50' of 3 strand 1/2" will shut down a wake boat in a hurry when it gets in the prop.

makes it hard to anchor later tho.

Had one like that a few weeks ago. He thought the boat ramp was a great place to park that thing and try to get the rope out. Directly in the ONLY boat ramp. We were trying to load up 25 bass boats. ....well, the drunk chicks were entertaining as they danced to Snoop D O double G. Yo yo yo dawg!!!

Why must every white punk in a wake boat listen to rap music via 2000 watts and tower speakers?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13578900 06/01/20 11:38 PM
J
Jason@Flying Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
I hate them and I also don't hate them. I am a bass fisherman, and I also have a wakeboat. I understand the idiots that have zero regard for anyone else on the lake and personally get onto them when i'm either in my Skeeter or my Malibu blasting rap music, because that's what my boys and his girlfriends like to listen to. I personally can't stand it. However, the lakes aren't just for us fisherman. They are for everyone to enjoy. Yes there are idiots in their wake boats.....however, there are also idiots in their bass boats that have zero care in the world if they cut you off while you are fishing. If i'm fishing and the pleasure boaters are out, I take my time and trim down while I'm running the lake. Never broke anything or damaged anything. Instead of constantly posting and ranting about why people don't like it, take a quick second and remember, they are trying to enjoy themselves just as much as you.....and they have the right (regardless of being an idiot....LOL). Just my .02 cents.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13578902 06/01/20 11:38 PM
JG ZX250 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
All it takes is a call to your state rep. If they want to be re-elected, they could pass a bill to have them outlawed on bodies of water under a certain size or outlawed completely on reservoirs. Like most said, when the lakeside homeowners start getting their $Hitt tore up, they will get something done. If they can't stand a little grass around their docks, I'm sure getting cables etc.. broke by 3-4 ft rollers all the time will pi$$ them off. Of course, they are also the major population of idiots that own the wake boats.

Taking 5 to the weigh-in occurs when opportunity meets successful execution of one's preparation.
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Jason@Flying] #13578931 06/01/20 11:53 PM
H
Hair Jig Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted by Jason@Flying
Instead of constantly posting and ranting about why people don't like it, take a quick second and remember, they are trying to enjoy themselves just as much as you.....and they have the right (regardless of being an idiot....LOL). Just my .02 cents.

Enjoying yourself doesn't give you a free pass to intrude on anyone else nor cause danger to others. I think that is the real complaint here.

Healed by Grace and trying to stay that way
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: SkeeterHunter] #13579008 06/02/20 12:53 AM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by SkeeterHunter
Conroe is probably the worst lake I've ever been on during the warm months due to the lake lice.

Not worth fishing memorial day to labor day on the weekends 10am-6pm. It's downright dangerous. 90% of the damage that has ever been done to by boat has happened on that lake due to waves.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #13579024 06/02/20 01:16 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
It's getting pretty intense with the wave actions on the lakes. Once they start tearing up homeowner's docks they will enforce policies that limit the madness. I used to wakeboard, so I understand their love for it. It was pretty exciting. There are limitations to everything, though. I think they have pushed those limitations when it starts affecting everyone else on the lake including personal property.

As a floating dock owner I wish they would but so far it has not happened. We got a petition up here and neither the lake authority nor the state would even discuss it with us. The states answer was they are responsible for any damage they cause so take it up with them.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13579028 06/02/20 01:19 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
The concern with trusting our legislators to make a new "law" against wake boats is that they govern to the lowest common denominator. They do not know the difference in a bass boat from a wake boat and what you will end up with is a one size fits al, l"no" boats allowed or whole lakes being designated as no wake zones.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13579050 06/02/20 01:35 AM
Phoenix_Ed Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Conroe. The wave goes by you, hits the bulkhead and comes back bigger! I am a weekday boater on there from now on.

Wishin I was fishin!! ..............>(((//*>
2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 4 Stroke - Ultrex
Her name is Novia Número Cinco.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega DI - Helix 12 Mega SI - Mega 360
PB Largemouth - 9.51 - Toledo Bend - March 2014
Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Mark Perry] #13579072 06/02/20 01:50 AM
J
jbcarroll3000 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
The concern with trusting our legislators to make a new "law" against wake boats is that they govern to the lowest common denominator. They do not know the difference in a bass boat from a wake boat and what you will end up with is a one size fits al, l"no" boats allowed or whole lakes being designated as no wake zones.

Valid point.

To the OP's point--I basically live on Lewisville and rarely fish it. This past Saturday was a reminder why. Boat and my back (and nearly the plums) took a beating, all for my partner and I to scrape together 12.5 lbs.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13579523 06/02/20 01:29 PM
L
lipjerk Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Lewisville has always had plenty of traffic, on weekends this time of year, I get on around 5:30am on I'm out by 10:30am

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13579564 06/02/20 02:01 PM
G
G Love Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
I don't "hate" much in this world. Maybe world hunger, terrorists. Wake boats.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: JG ZX250] #13579567 06/02/20 02:03 PM
G
G Love Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted by JG ZX250
All it takes is a call to your state rep. If they want to be re-elected, they could pass a bill to have them outlawed on bodies of water under a certain size or outlawed completely on reservoirs. Like most said, when the lakeside homeowners start getting their $Hitt tore up, they will get something done. If they can't stand a little grass around their docks, I'm sure getting cables etc.. broke by 3-4 ft rollers all the time will pi$$ them off. Of course, they are also the major population of idiots that own the wake boats.

Haha don't do that because then they'll ALL go to Tin Top on the Brazos. They're already eroding the banks out as it is with the dumb surfers.

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: Okie Poke] #13579690 06/02/20 03:46 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
all the above are part of why I chose fork as my forever lake.
I don't have much tolerance for stupid on the water, too easy for people to get dead from it.
did see a couple of jetfleas in front of williams a few weeks back, one of them managed to find a stump as I went by (could hear the hit), haven't seen them since. pollo

Re: Wakeboard/surfboard boats......Just how bad do ya hate 'em? [Re: JG ZX250] #13579736 06/02/20 04:15 PM
C
Chis D Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I own a bass boat, a ski/wakeboard boat (older/smaller), a floating dock, and I primarily kayak fish. Personally, I see and get frustrated by all angles, but the common factor is IDIOTS. My problem generally starts with person that goes into the shop and wants the biggest bass/wake/pleasure boat because it is "best," but has no clue how to drive a boat or no consideration for others. This applies to the person with an offshore/yacht/cigarette boat plowing down the lake, a surf boat plowing down the lake, or a bass boat flying at 70+ when other boats/docks/kayaks are near by. Sure, the waves tear up my dock, annoy me fishing, and I wish they weren't there. That said, I get frustrated by bass boats blowing past me in my kayak when I am tucked against the shore and visible. Or bass fisherman fishing against my dock WHILE my wife and I are fishing from our dock. All this said, I get most annoyed by person in a bass boat that pulls up on a spot I am fishing in my kayak and tell me that they are fishing in a "big" or "important" tournament and they had planned to fish my spot, I ask them to just give me some space, and they proceed to cast within 10 feet of me (it happens more than it should). The last example isn't about safety, but you have to remember, even if you think YOU do everything right, all of the groups have idiots. Not defending the IDIOTS of the wake/surf crowd, but having spent time on those forums as well, you would be happy to know that many of them are/were trying to get the word out - there was a movement to teach people how to drive, including passing out flyers at boat ramps that explained how to come off plane and not make "power turns" to reduce rollers/waves - they would even pull up to people that were doing it, try to explain, and hand out a flyer. Some were receptive and, as you would expect, many were not. I expect that you would see the same percentage or resistance if people tried to tell someone that clearly does not know how to drive at high speed to slow down. In short, there are certainly issues out there, but categorically throwing stones may not be the best approach. If I seem to be straddling the fence, it is not because I like all of the "other" boats - at the end of the day, I would be happy to go back to jon boats, a 25hp limit, and, maybe, a flasher - but everyone has the right to their opinion and actions within the bounds of the law. Unfortunately, consideration for others seems to be fading too fast, and self importance seems to be growing.

Originally Posted by Hair Jig
Originally Posted by Jason@Flying
Instead of constantly posting and ranting about why people don't like it, take a quick second and remember, they are trying to enjoy themselves just as much as you.....and they have the right (regardless of being an idiot....LOL). Just my .02 cents.

Enjoying yourself doesn't give you a free pass to intrude on anyone else nor cause danger to others. I think that is the real complaint here.

Kind of agree - BUT, no matter how much you think you drive safely, there is the other side that can/will argue a bass boat traveling at 70+mph (especially if driven by an idiot) has as much (or more) potential to do damage as a boat plowing water. If you argue that not everyone runs at 70+, they will argue that most of the pleasure boats don't throw huge wakes. Again, I think the "real complaint here" lies somewhere in the loss of consideration for others, and a growing feeling of self importance.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide