Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13575862 05/29/20 09:45 PM
S
SGT BALLARD Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted by Mudbone
Originally Posted by Snakeyes711
Ordinarily I don't condone civil disobedience but I'm willing to give the homeboys a pass on this one.

Umm this isn’t civil disobedience cuz....this is Africa in the Minneapolis....like watching The Animal Planet.

You want respect as a group, race, whatever.....earn it.....(this ain’t the way home boys)

That officer should be charged with murder, from what I saw on that disgusting video but what’s more disturbing is turning on the news and seeing black people looting and burning buildings ....yep, that will help your cause....if anything you are creating more issues

Getting old...

You have got to be kidding me! "Africa in Minneapolis"? Either you are completely color blind or just wanna see Black people rioting in the streets. There are White People out in the streets with the Black people as well.
And the people that are out in the street are not your "home boys"! You can't even relate to how these young Black people feel! When you grow up as a Black man, you feel the pain of seeing this [censored] all the time on TV, of black men,boys,women being killed while jogging down the street,sleeping in their bed in their own home, or playing in a park and you get no justice, How the He__ do you expect to feel or react. Your reference to like watching "The Animal Planet", Why? Are you saying that Black people are Animals? Curious!!! You are right about one thing> It is getting old - Blacks being killed by Police for what, for being black! I don't have any problems with police, but again thank GOD I have not been stopped by one in a while.
You don't see this type of stuff happening to White men by Police. And don't tell me that it does. If it did you would not put up with it. No one should be treated like this. We are all human being, created by GOD, Black,White,Hispanic,everyone. If you have any decency,a heart, you know this was not right. Which Knee bothers you more: Colin Kaepernick taking a knee at a football game to protest Police brutality or Police officer kneeling on the neck of a Black man until he dies? Can you imagine a Black Police officer kneeling on the neck of a White man until he died, a white man chased down and shot and killed while jogging by Black men in a truck, a white woman shot while sleeping in her own bed in her house by Black police officers whose kicked the door in while not announcing themselves a Police Officers. If this happened to you all the time because the color of your skin,how would you feel ? We do the right things, respect the police, do as told, it still doesn't matter.
We are Americans,served in the military, Love our country, we just want to live peacefully like everyone else. So,about respect= Respect is earned and Respect is given. The people that are rioting are Frustrated,Upset and Pissed off. I don't condone the burning, stealing, but no one want's to listen when a Black man tells you or in most cases shows you what is happening on video then,when will you take notice and listen? I don't hardly post in the Bunker,but I had to this time. We need to come together as a country and start treating everyone with dignity,respect and Love or we are going to be in one hell of a mess as a country.
Not trying to make anyone angry,just had to say what was on my mind. To everyone,GOD bless and have a Blessed Day !!

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: SGT BALLARD] #13575871 05/29/20 09:54 PM
Caribou Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SGT BALLARD
Originally Posted by Mudbone
Originally Posted by Snakeyes711
Ordinarily I don't condone civil disobedience but I'm willing to give the homeboys a pass on this one.

Umm this isn’t civil disobedience cuz....this is Africa in the Minneapolis....like watching The Animal Planet.

You want respect as a group, race, whatever.....earn it.....(this ain’t the way home boys)

That officer should be charged with murder, from what I saw on that disgusting video but what’s more disturbing is turning on the news and seeing black people looting and burning buildings ....yep, that will help your cause....if anything you are creating more issues

Getting old...

You have got to be kidding me! "Africa in Minneapolis"? Either you are completely color blind or just wanna see Black people rioting in the streets. There are White People out in the streets with the Black people as well.
And the people that are out in the street are not your "home boys"! You can't even relate to how these young Black people feel! When you grow up as a Black man, you feel the pain of seeing this [censored] all the time on TV, of black men,boys,women being killed while jogging down the street,sleeping in their bed in their own home, or playing in a park and you get no justice, How the He__ do you expect to feel or react. Your reference to like watching "The Animal Planet", Why? Are you saying that Black people are Animals? Curious!!! You are right about one thing> It is getting old - Blacks being killed by Police for what, for being black! I don't have any problems with police, but again thank GOD I have not been stopped by one in a while.
You don't see this type of stuff happening to White men by Police. And don't tell me that it does. If it did you would not put up with it. No one should be treated like this. We are all human being, created by GOD, Black,White,Hispanic,everyone. If you have any decency,a heart, you know this was not right. Which Knee bothers you more: Colin Kaepernick taking a knee at a football game to protest Police brutality or Police officer kneeling on the neck of a Black man until he dies? Can you imagine a Black Police officer kneeling on the neck of a White man until he died, a white man chased down and shot and killed while jogging by Black men in a truck, a white woman shot while sleeping in her own bed in her house by Black police officers whose kicked the door in while not announcing themselves a Police Officers. If this happened to you all the time because the color of your skin,how would you feel ? We do the right things, respect the police, do as told, it still doesn't matter.
We are Americans,served in the military, Love our country, we just want to live peacefully like everyone else. So,about respect= Respect is earned and Respect is given. The people that are rioting are Frustrated,Upset and Pissed off. I don't condone the burning, stealing, but no one want's to listen when a Black man tells you or in most cases shows you what is happening on video then,when will you take notice and listen? I don't hardly post in the Bunker,but I had to this time. We need to come together as a country and start treating everyone with dignity,respect and Love or we are going to be in one hell of a mess as a country.
Not trying to make anyone angry,just had to say what was on my mind. To everyone,GOD bless and have a Blessed Day !!

More white people are killed by police every year than black people and have for a good while.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Doesn’t mean what happened wasn’t murder. It was. It was disgusting. But officers shoot and kill more white people every year, and white people dont loot and steal TVs. It doesn’t make the news cycle at all. Most of the time (not this time, this one is different) if you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes, regardless of your race.

To address the second part of your post, black men are also more likely to murder a white person than the other way around, according to statistical evidence. So that doesn’t hold water. This is also happening to white people, but I’m a bigot if I point that out.

Last edited by Caribou; 05/29/20 09:56 PM.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: Canino] #13575875 05/29/20 10:04 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Canino
These things usually take a much longer time for an indictment, and here's why...the ME can't really make a determination of a cause of death until all the information is available. Part of that information in this case will include drug testing. They do an initial drug test, which takes a couple of weeks to get back. That test is just to determine whether a more in-depth test is needed. If so, the second test takes a month to six weeks to get back (assuming it's not expedited for some reason).

Until that first test comes back (and maybe the second test depending on the results of the first), the ME can't make a final determination of homicide, at least in cases like this one. If the guy had been shot for example, that would be a different matter as drugs would not have been a factor in the death.

So they don't yet have a final ME determination of cause of death, but they've charged the officer. That makes for a very good argument by the defense for low bail and a quick release pending trial. Also I think the general public is expecting charges of first degree murder, and the headlines all say that's what the charge is when it's really negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter (not sure about how MN phrases it). Even that's going to be a tough row to hoe for the prosecution and there's a good chance that would end up with a plea deal for no time or minimal time.

I think they made the arrest ASAP to appease the public, but in the end this isn't going to go how most people think it should. This will blow up all over again.

If he didn’t die from strangulation then it will be hard to get a conviction

They are just trying to appease the people to stop them from burning more buildings
Amazing they never do this when white people are killed by police, oh that’s right their has never been a white person killed by police my mistake

It’s amazing everyone assumes he was putting pressure on his neck if he had most of his weight on his foot instead of his knee and was just holding him he did nothing wrong if he die of heart disease brought on by drugs

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: 921 Phoenix] #13575879 05/29/20 10:10 PM
Caribou Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted by Canino
These things usually take a much longer time for an indictment, and here's why...the ME can't really make a determination of a cause of death until all the information is available. Part of that information in this case will include drug testing. They do an initial drug test, which takes a couple of weeks to get back. That test is just to determine whether a more in-depth test is needed. If so, the second test takes a month to six weeks to get back (assuming it's not expedited for some reason).

Until that first test comes back (and maybe the second test depending on the results of the first), the ME can't make a final determination of homicide, at least in cases like this one. If the guy had been shot for example, that would be a different matter as drugs would not have been a factor in the death.

So they don't yet have a final ME determination of cause of death, but they've charged the officer. That makes for a very good argument by the defense for low bail and a quick release pending trial. Also I think the general public is expecting charges of first degree murder, and the headlines all say that's what the charge is when it's really negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter (not sure about how MN phrases it). Even that's going to be a tough row to hoe for the prosecution and there's a good chance that would end up with a plea deal for no time or minimal time.

I think they made the arrest ASAP to appease the public, but in the end this isn't going to go how most people think it should. This will blow up all over again.

If he didn’t die from strangulation then it will be hard to get a conviction

They are just trying to appease the people to stop them from burning more buildings
Amazing they never do this when white people are killed by police, oh that’s right their has never been a white person killed by police my mistake

It’s amazing everyone assumes he was putting pressure on his neck if he had most of his weight on his foot instead of his knee and was just holding him he did nothing wrong if he die of heart disease brought on by drugs

The initial autopsy report said it’s very likely the actions of the officer lead to his death. Even if they didn’t, it’s negligent manslaughter. There were multiple people telling the officers he was dying, and they never even checked. “He did nothing wrong” is a bunch of [censored].

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13575880 05/29/20 10:10 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I would like to see them all walk the streets with AK's and see what the cops do then? just like white folk do. it would be a straight up fire fight when the cops opened fire.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: soggybottom] #13575887 05/29/20 10:20 PM
Caribou Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by soggybottom
I would like to see them all walk the streets with AK's and see what the cops do then? just like white folk do. it would be a straight up fire fight when the cops opened fire.

You mean like they did in Georgia 2 weeks ago when nobody died? Or like they did during multiple BLM protests and nobody died? People don’t get shot for possessing a gun. Even African Americans. They get shot for brandishing that gun aggressively towards officers.

And you know what? I would love to see a peaceful show of force like that. Just like the white people do. Show up organized, with sling rifles, and say your piece peacefully. That’s how the white people manage to not get shot.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: soggybottom] #13575904 05/29/20 10:44 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R

This is a pretty weird statement

So you think the cops open fire 1st? You are assuming that or know it?

The cops abandoned the police station that burned last night. I'm sure they are under a do not fire your weapon order from city government (mayor/chief)

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13575907 05/29/20 10:46 PM
B-rader Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Ray Bob, I know you're in the medical field so I don't get your coradid artery statement makes sense . You have to block them both , there's no way in the World either side were blocked off long enough

A-RIGS , MAKING BAD FISHERMAN LOOK GOOD SINCE 2010
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13575908 05/29/20 10:47 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Interesting development. Possibly the cop and George Floyd had a work history together.

https://www.westernjournal.com/geor...=2020-05-29&utm_campaign=pushtraffic

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: RayBob] #13575910 05/29/20 10:47 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by RayBob

So you think the cops open fire 1st? You are assuming that or know it?

The cops abandoned the police station that burned last night. I'm sure they are under a do not fire your weapon order from city government (mayor/chief)

Im sayin Im not black but don't know if I would have the balls to do it. I wouldnt trust a bunch of scared cops not to shoot me and claim i drew.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13575916 05/29/20 10:50 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I have made one post on this as I wanted to get my thoughts together. I'm not well spoken and I'll ramble just a bit. I dont like what I saw in the video, I think human life is pretty precious and dont care for the loss of it without due process. I do support the death penalty. I think there was an opportunity here for reaching across racial and socioeconomic boundaries. I talk to plenty of people in my daily interactions and have yet to find one who thinks what they saw was remotely ok. There are alot of people who feel there is too much overreach by government lately and additionally are bothered by all the incidents over the last few years. People being shot in their homes by police, and this has happened to both white and black people in this area in some high profile cases. Going to the wrong address, the deal with the welfare check last year, the officer thinking she was in wrong apartment, the officer shooting into the car of kids, the girl in longview at the police station, I believe there was a white man that died in dallas not long ago in a similar manner. The young guy from granbury shot in the hotel in Arizona. I understand there are many interactions that dont end like this, the vast majority, 99 percent. That said I dont think getting it right 99.8 percent excuses the .02 percent that go this way. I am sorry that black people have to have conversations with their kids about what to do if pulled over. Its shameful. And government officials should deal with this stuff harshly. Deals like this do horrible damage to the public trust and race relations. Race is a real thing and it is an issue we need to be able to talk about. I think there is alot of frustration, I think most black people are law abiding, I think they should be sick of crime as they are probably overwhelmingly the victims of it. I believe in property rights, the right to defend oneself, etc. These riots black, white , whatever the makeup alienate the general public, it's no longer about the incident it's about burning businesses that have nothing to do with it, cleaning out liquor stores, etc etc. Individual rights and liberty matter, as a society it's up to us to determine what is acceptable behavior by LEO and how we punish them and white people need to be willing to have the conversation about this and not just when something happens like this. The term play stupid games win stupid prizes gets thrown around. In this case I think as a country we have ignored some real issues and this is a big stupid prize for playing that game. It's a sad sad deal.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: B-rader] #13575918 05/29/20 10:50 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Brad Hardt
Ray Bob, I know you're in the medical field so I don't get your coradid artery statement makes sense . You have to block them both , there's no way in the World either side were blocked off long enough

It is not the blockage, it's the stimulation of the vagus nerve which causes a

Wiki: The vagal response involves your central nervous system, your peripheral nervous system, and your cardiovascular system. 2 When the reflex is triggered it causes an abrupt dropping of your blood pressure and a sudden reduction in your heart rate.
Symptoms: Unconsciousness.

We sometimes do this in the ICU (neck massage with pressure) to slow a too fast heart rate.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13575922 05/29/20 10:53 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
I might add that it is not an exact science and we always do carotid massage with emergency drugs on hand and an EKG monitor.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13575930 05/29/20 10:57 PM
B-rader Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I get it , I know when I intubate we give Atropine often to reduce this . I still don't see how stimulating the response that it was enough to kill him . Especially since it woukd have only been on one side . Just my thoughts though

A-RIGS , MAKING BAD FISHERMAN LOOK GOOD SINCE 2010
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: B-rader] #13575932 05/29/20 11:03 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Originally Posted by Brad Hardt

You only have to block them both if the other one isn’t stenotic.
There are baroreceptors at both carotids. Put enough pressure on just one of them can result in heart rate, blood pressure, and cardiac output changes. In someone with preexisting cardiac disease, enough to kill them. Combine that with someone who has had physical pressure on their chest and airway only amplifies the lethality

[Linked Image]
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide