Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Bob Davis] #13575566 05/29/20 05:44 PM
K
ko bass attack 27 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Good fences make great neighbors. Neighbors are over-rated. If you get too chummy, something will happen to make you bitter enemies. Know who your neighbors are but only a hand wave or a nod of the head once in a while. Get friends outside of your hood. Thank me later.

Good advice right here.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575598 05/29/20 06:18 PM
Derek 🐝 Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by cocodrie
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by Jamoke
I moved into the middle of the Cul De Sac of a neighborhood. I was asking the previous owners about the neighbors and the wife said something I didn't understand at the time. She said it's Ok if they like you. So at 1rst I tried to be friendly, neighborly. Men were gathered in the garage next to me and another garage kitty corner away from my house. I was working in the yard and was invited over and immediately the questioning began, where are you from, are you mexican? Political party, religious preference. We were all holding beers, So I thought this had to be a joke, So I started with I'm mostly Italian, recovering Catholic, been in the military for 24 years and just retired. My closest neighbor had a look on his face like he just ate a turd, he was a little further into the drinking process. Starts yelling that he would put a 50 cal at the end of his driveway to "keep them out", and starts blustering about some other unintelligible things. I'm pretty sure he meant me. So I say thanks for the beer and go back to my yard. About a week later the kitty corner neighbor invites me to his garage, all decked out with TV and couches, beer fridge and dart board, other neighbor guys are there, asks me if I like to play darts. I said yes and that I used to be pretty good. After a few beers and more questioning, He says if you win we will never invite you back. That was 11 years ago, I won, never was invited back to any events. Same people watched me install a shed in my backyard, they watched for 3 days while I built it. When it was completed as I was walking to the mailbox 2 of them converged on me together, like they were waiting, they told me I couldn't have a prefab shed in my back yard (behind my 6 Ft privacy fence) I said I walk around the neighborhood every Day and there are dozens of them. This was a month after I moved there and I didn't want to start any trouble . They said they were starting a lawsuit, So I tore the thing down and sold it to one of my coworkers for pennies. None of those sheds Ever came down, in fact there are dozens more, one guy even put his in his front yard next to his driveway. I later found from a retired Sargent Major that they mostly hate military folks and anyone not born here, or from their church, I've seen Numerous military people leave after similar or worse hazing. They (the neighbors) even called immigration on workers installing the SGM's workshop. We live in the county, and I have over an acre, since then, I have a huge metal shed (12x24) , goats, sheep, chickens roosters. I have butchered animals hanging from the swing set in view of all. I'm often shirtless in the front yard wearing tennis shoes with duct tape holding them together and rope for a belt. I am a professional medical provider, but I get a kick about how it bothers (them). My boat is often left in my driveway, and my fish cleaning table is in the side yard in front of my privacy fence. one neighbor tried to intervene a about 8 years ago, I told him they could all F#(K themselves, which I'm sure he relayed. The past 8 years has been bliss, they don't bother me, some won't even look my way. And I do the same, some of the new neighbors smile and wave, I do the same.

Why don’t you buy a belt?

And some Crocs.

Because Crocs are gay.

Duet Max Posties are legit.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575603 05/29/20 06:22 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
My neighbor had a big party Saturday night. At the end there was a fight that spilled over into my driveway. I have awesome neighbors.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575609 05/29/20 06:27 PM
96speed Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
We have good, polite, quiet neighbors. Some make small talk and share home grown produce (I give them oranges and they give me green beans), some wave occasionally, and some don't even look at us. It works out fine. I never understood wanting to hang out with neighbors. We have a large privacy fence and security lights positioned in such a way that says "stay away." I sure as hell don't want them looking around my property/garage and telling their friends. No thanks. Leave me alone and GET OFF MY LAWN! nuts Its rare for me to leave the garage open for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.

A friend of mine has a beach house with a pool. They have the neighborhood swinging in/out constantly. Its terrible and not relaxing at all.

Female drivers = No survivors
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575646 05/29/20 06:54 PM
2014NITROZ-7 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
We have GREAT neighbors,we speak when we are out and go on about our business.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575698 05/29/20 07:25 PM
T
TR176 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
My neighbor across the street hosed a sick looking raccoon In her driveway with a 9mm so my neighbors are awesome. I was a little shocked it took 3 center shots to kill it.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575915 05/29/20 10:49 PM
E
Espy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
E
I live in the country so neighbors are spread out. We get along and even hang out. I even hunted and fished with several of them.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Jamoke] #13575950 05/29/20 11:18 PM
B
bradnitro175 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Jamoke
I moved into the middle of the Cul De Sac of a neighborhood. I was asking the previous owners about the neighbors and the wife said something I didn't understand at the time. She said it's Ok if they like you. So at 1rst I tried to be friendly, neighborly. Men were gathered in the garage next to me and another garage kitty corner away from my house. I was working in the yard and was invited over and immediately the questioning began, where are you from, are you mexican? Political party, religious preference. We were all holding beers, So I thought this had to be a joke, So I started with I'm mostly Italian, recovering Catholic, been in the military for 24 years and just retired. My closest neighbor had a look on his face like he just ate a turd, he was a little further into the drinking process. Starts yelling that he would put a 50 cal at the end of his driveway to "keep them out", and starts blustering about some other unintelligible things. I'm pretty sure he meant me. So I say thanks for the beer and go back to my yard. About a week later the kitty corner neighbor invites me to his garage, all decked out with TV and couches, beer fridge and dart board, other neighbor guys are there, asks me if I like to play darts. I said yes and that I used to be pretty good. After a few beers and more questioning, He says if you win we will never invite you back. That was 11 years ago, I won, never was invited back to any events. Same people watched me install a shed in my backyard, they watched for 3 days while I built it. When it was completed as I was walking to the mailbox 2 of them converged on me together, like they were waiting, they told me I couldn't have a prefab shed in my back yard (behind my 6 Ft privacy fence) I said I walk around the neighborhood every Day and there are dozens of them. This was a month after I moved there and I didn't want to start any trouble . They said they were starting a lawsuit, So I tore the thing down and sold it to one of my coworkers for pennies. None of those sheds Ever came down, in fact there are dozens more, one guy even put his in his front yard next to his driveway. I later found from a retired Sargent Major that they mostly hate military folks and anyone not born here, or from their church, I've seen Numerous military people leave after similar or worse hazing. They (the neighbors) even called immigration on workers installing the SGM's workshop. We live in the county, and I have over an acre, since then, I have a huge metal shed (12x24) , goats, sheep, chickens roosters. I have butchered animals hanging from the swing set in view of all. I'm often shirtless in the front yard wearing tennis shoes with duct tape holding them together and rope for a belt. I am a professional medical provider, but I get a kick about how it bothers (them). My boat is often left in my driveway, and my fish cleaning table is in the side yard in front of my privacy fence. one neighbor tried to intervene a about 8 years ago, I told him they could all F#(K themselves, which I'm sure he relayed. The past 8 years has been bliss, they don't bother me, some won't even look my way. And I do the same, some of the new neighbors smile and wave, I do the same.

Sound like they need a good arse whoopin

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13576209 05/30/20 04:07 AM
F
FishinNB Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
I have lived in NB for for 35 years. Pissin in the wind don’t fly in the front yard anymore. And don’t even think about mowing before 9AM. Karen gets pissed.
I don’t even recognize this town anymore.
We are trying to decide wether to sell (Walnut St by Herberts) or rent out our house
Either way we are headed to Rockport by the next school year.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13576213 05/30/20 04:15 AM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
3 out of 4 are good here. the other one avoids me now.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13576240 05/30/20 06:09 AM
B
blooper961 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I have a neighbor that wanted to build a fence and put it against ours.
I was going to agree but then he says I will have to pay for half his fence
I showed him the property line paper I had from the city which said there was a foot of my property in his yard.
I told him he would have to give me that foot.
So not letting him tie onto our fence he is building his fence.
I will have to kill a foot of weeds between fences as it grows but no big deal.
His fence is wooden and I will not have him staring at me anymore

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13576245 05/30/20 07:23 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
A wealthy arse-hole originally from New York bought undeveloped acreage behind my property. He had it surveyed, and his flags were 6 FEET over into my yard and adjacent lots based on the corner pins I know I have. He then started developing the property. I brought up that his line was 6' over into mine when I saw him out there one day. He said "well I guess your survey was wrong". A few months later I heard a commotion out back and discovered a fencing crew about to build a fence ONLY where our properties meet (but not others on either side of me). He was having them put it on that line. I pointed out he may end up being forced to move it if he's wrong. He said "take me to court - I'll spend $100,000 fighting it. Do you have $100,000 to spend to try to make me move it? I bet not." I finally convinced him to split the difference, so now it's only 3 feet on my side of the corner pins (that he says are wrong). I'm not sure what mess will transpire when I try to sell the house/property.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13576282 05/30/20 11:01 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I'm fortunate to have good neighbors in front and on the sides. We get together on occasion and have a beer or three. Nobody likes the guy one house down and behind me, but I never have interaction with him. Although, we adjoin properties for about 12 ft and we're fixing to re-do the fence. I'm gonna have to address him soon. I hope all goes well. I think it will but you just never know. Most generally, if you try and be a good neighbor......they will, too.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13576293 05/30/20 11:45 AM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
I could go on and on about my neighbors. I'd say 3 out of 5 on my road are good people.

The newest neighbors (husband and wife) rarely come outside. It's strange. Not doing outdoor chores or projects is very forign to me.

[Linked Image]
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Flippin-Out] #13576317 05/30/20 12:22 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
A wealthy arse-hole originally from New York bought undeveloped acreage behind my property. He had it surveyed, and his flags were 6 FEET over into my yard and adjacent lots based on the corner pins I know I have. He then started developing the property. I brought up that his line was 6' over into mine when I saw him out there one day. He said "well I guess your survey was wrong". A few months later I heard a commotion out back and discovered a fencing crew about to build a fence ONLY where our properties meet (but not others on either side of me). He was having them put it on that line. I pointed out he may end up being forced to move it if he's wrong. He said "take me to court - I'll spend $100,000 fighting it. Do you have $100,000 to spend to try to make me move it? I bet not." I finally convinced him to split the difference, so now it's only 3 feet on my side of the corner pins (that he says are wrong). I'm not sure what mess will transpire when I try to sell the house/property.

How do you fight a property line on a Survey plat? Seems like if you have a survey done, and the property line is indeed in your favor, where he took 3' of your property, you could force him to lease it or move his fence. I'll defer all legal issues to Uncle Zeek though, he is awesome at what he does.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide