Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13574956 05/29/20 11:46 AM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
We live in an older neighborhood. Our house was built in the late 60s and we've lived here 22 years. It's an oddly laid out subdivision with lots of short streets. There are only 9 houses on our street and six of those are on one side (including ours, which was a rental we owned at one time). Two of the other houses are rentals. One of those changes occupants every 12 months and we never have known any of them. The other has two (I think) Mexican families who have been there for several years.

Our neighbors to the south are a great couple. He's black and she's white and they were here when we converted this from a rental to our home. Great, friendly folks. Their son is our neighborhood "famous person". He was a stud football player for Arlington Lamar and was a year ahead of Ratz. He became a standout running back for TCU for one year until some kid named LaDainian Tomlinson came along and Andrew became a backup. But he got involved in coaching and has five years experience in the NFL with Chicago and Tampa Bay under Lovie Smith. He has also coached several years in college, the last five as the receivers coach for the Univ. of Illinois (also under Lovie Smith).

We have some new neighbors who just moved in across the street who will not even return a 'Good Moring' or return a casual wave. But, the really good story is the house next to us on the north side. Two sisters moved in there about 12 years ago. They were both Two-Ton Tillies and kept to themselves, only being seen every so often to mow the yard. A few years ago one got married and then apparently the guy started also sleeping with the other sister. His wife tried to kill both of them and was, we're told by another neighbor, sent to prison. The other sister moved out, but they still own the house which they can't sell because one's in jail. The house and yard look like krap. I am about to call code enforcement because the yard is so bad.

Our house is paid for and we're both retired so I guess we'll just suck it up and die here, unless we win the lottery.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We donโ€™t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13574959 05/29/20 11:49 AM
N
Nickbyrd Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
N
I have awesome neighbors ! Most of them drink beer . If you run out go borrow some from a neighbors fridge which there happy to share because they ran out last week and you hooked them up . We love tools and noise and often jump in on group projects to help out and get it done . If you have an issue I usually know a guy . We have plumbers , roofers ,electricians, mechanics , sheet rockers , painters , ac guys , cable guys ect ect . My boss and a few other close ones have keys to my house to let the dogs out , borrow milk , or use a tool while Iโ€™m not home . I have codes and keys to thereโ€™s and garages to watch over there while out of town and to borrow tools/ hardware. If you catch somebody at the store theyโ€™ll usually grab what you need so you donโ€™t have to get out . Wives are cool kids are cool life is great at the lake !
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13574999 05/29/20 12:14 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
my next door neighbors are white trash. no need to say anymore.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575038 05/29/20 12:44 PM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
I have good neighbors. Most are 20-30 years older than I. But have 1 neighbor that is a d_ck. He rents his house on AirBnB, calling it the Love Shack. We put in a city ordinance about short term rentals just because of this one arsehole. He continues to push our buttons and challenge city code. However, we will win in the end.

LETโ€™S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575064 05/29/20 12:59 PM
S
spankyttx Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
people used to walk up and down the street, kids used to play in the street, people would stop by, ask for help with their vehicles. but it all seemed to stop and i don't know why. it's just me and the new dog out front

[Linked Image]

LI-SI-WI-NWI
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575089 05/29/20 01:16 PM
1ShotNoKills Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I've lived here for 9 years. Spoke to a neighbor about 5 times.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575092 05/29/20 01:18 PM
BCBassCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I will say this, there were no American flags up in my neighborhood. There are now 4 of us...

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575096 05/29/20 01:21 PM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Next door to the north is an ER doc who works out of town. When he's home he's asleep. His wife owns a Paint by Number shop on the square and is never home.
Next door to the south an older retired couple who keep to themselves for the most part. We were the 1st house built on our street. Dead end street. Back fence is county property and across the street is flood plain and will never be built on. South neighbor has disputed the property line on several occasions. She claims the ground (1/4" piece of rebar) for the temporary power pole utilized when their house was being built is the marker for the corner. Has not impacted me yet but I'm sure her panties will get bunched up when I finish my side fence. cool

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575105 05/29/20 01:23 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
I live in the middle of 15 acres. I can't see my neighbors, and they cant see me. I shoot , Pee, make noise whenever / where ever I want. I've even mowed naked. Gets hot on that tractor.

GREEN ACRES IS THE PLACE TO BE.......

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575112 05/29/20 01:26 PM
P
PondFish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
My ex and I bought a house on a corner lot in the Canyon Creek area of Richardson and we knew the neighborhood was turning over because several other houses in a couple block area also sold recently. That was in December. In the Spring we decided to have a big party. I had a keg in the garage and had three Weber kettle grills going with burgers, brats, and corn.in the driveway.
I got to meet a lot of my neighbors. Quickly figured out who was cool and who was stuck up.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575122 05/29/20 01:32 PM
D
Dognot Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Sure Beats having a Meth cooking Gang Banger for neighbors.
Originally Posted by cocodrie
We moved a year ago into a great neighborhood, lots going on in this side of town. But since then all the olds that were at least somewhat cool and hung out and drank beer, died, or moved to retirement homes or senior centers (including the people we bought our house from). I was really hoping on getting some great neighbors in their place that were into doing stuff like loud projects on the weekend, pressure washing, trimming trees, power tools, landscaping, BBQ'ing and drinking beer, shooting the squirrels on the greenbelt, peeing on trees in the front yard.... Instead I'm now surrounded by an ER doctor and his wife and he only owns electric powered lawn equipment, a Prius driving pediatrician, some lady who is surely ready to start filming My 600lb Life or Hoarders and a few "we will call the HOA" Karen types. Just saw my across the street neighbor for the first time, I guess they're about to move in finally. I have no hope his hipster self will make a difference in the new hood.

Please tell me about your awesome neighbors so I can dream that good neighbors will move in soon...

The coolest neighbor at my old house had like 5 kids, but he spent all evening BBQ'ing dinner for everyone and all weekend building stuff and drinking beer. We barely talked, but would compete on who could make the most noise either the earliest or latest with miter saws and impacts and would stand in our opposite driveways drinking Lonestar light not talking to each other. Kind of like King of the Hill but across the street and silent. Our wives became best friends. I didn't really like him or all his kids, but he was a good neighbor.

Sure Beats having a Meth cooking Gang Banger for neighbors.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

โ€œHard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.โ€
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575128 05/29/20 01:36 PM
Derek ๐Ÿ Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees
My neighbors are awesome. I live on what is referred to as party street. We have one throttle and that's full. Drinking with one last night. He's about to put in a pool which I'll dominate and he loves stuff out of my garden. So we came up with a great idea. We're going to redo our fence and put in a sliding gate in the middle. I can go dominate the pool anytime I want and he can come pick stuff out of my garden. Win win.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #13575140 05/29/20 01:39 PM
BCBassCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ
My neighbors are awesome. I live on what is referred to as party street. We have one throttle and that's full. Drinking with one last night. He's about to put in a pool which I'll dominate and he loves stuff out of my garden. So we came up with a great idea. We're going to redo our fence and put in a sliding gate in the middle. I can go dominate the pool anytime I want and he can come pick stuff out of my garden. Win win.

So you will dive in his hole and he will yank your cucumber... Sounds fun.

Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: cocodrie] #13575141 05/29/20 01:40 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
My backyard is the Huntsville Executive Airport. Yulista has a facility there that works on military helicopters. I took the Friday off before Memorial Day to enjoy the nice rain free weather, fire up the smoker, and commence on my beer consumption. I have a patch of crabgrass off my patio where I am performing a scientific experiment to see how much human urine it takes to kill it. So with a full bladder I stand on the back of the patio and commence with my dedication to advance my scientific knowledge. At the precise moment I acquire my target, a helicopter lifts off, then hovers pointing its nose straight at me. As this is technically the beginning of the weekend of celebration to honor our veterans, I know there is a very good chance that helicopter pilot is ex military. As I stood there with my weapon in my left hand raining poison down upon my enemy, I snap to a salute with my right hand. I remained in that position until I had exhausted my supply of ammo and retreated. At that moment the helicopter then resumed what duties it was assigned. My guess is that the camera optics on that helicopter was just upgraded and sometime next week the footage will be shown on how well the new resolution of said optics are by showing those in attendance my actions against my enemy and my salute thanking them for their service. soldier flag

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Disappointing Neighbors [Re: Mark Perry] #13575142 05/29/20 01:40 PM
Derek ๐Ÿ Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
The guy to our right mows his yard about 4 times per week. I have never seen anything like it. I swear he is out there with a measuring tape.

I mow every 3 days. And I have been clowned on for using a measuring tape more than once. My line domination is on point and what I live for.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide