Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13574288 05/28/20 06:31 PM
R
RickS. Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
R
I just listened to a long rant about this from a very close cop friend of mine. He had no problem calling it the way he sees it. His opinion. They killed that man for no reason, and should be prosecuted.

I cleaned it up for here.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: Jpurdue] #13574289 05/28/20 06:32 PM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by Kattelyn
Originally Posted by Floon Swenson
Nope, never been in a riot. Riots are dangerous and I'm gonna get the f outa Dodge every time when I see stuff like this brewing.

Amen. I'm small and squishy and don't want to get anywhere near that

I was young, dumb, and invincible. Also, not an active participant in anyway. I was on the edge observing. Only time I've ever directly observed a mob mentality in real life. I went home as soon as the tear gas came out.

Come on J, tell the truth, how many cop cars did you flip over that night?

grin

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: Jpurdue] #13574294 05/28/20 06:36 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
In no way, shape, or form do I condone looting. But I have to wonder if it is a visceral response when a population becomes so disenfranchised that they feel the social contract has been broken by those in power.

I'm thinking the same. At some point people stop giving all f's and then all that's left is to just burn the mf'r to the ground. Like you, I don't condone it, but I understand it.

You all are giving them way too much of credit. You must have never been in a riot before. I have. It was March of 2002, in Bloomington Indiana. Maryland had just robbed IU of the NCAA championship in basketball. I stood on the side walk and watched as a mob burned a couch in the street and toppled a stop sign. The police had to fire tear gas into the crowd. I can tell you no one there felt a social contract had been broken. Nobody stood up and gave a intellectual brave heart speech about how they had been disenfranchised and that a couch must be burned. There was bunch of booze involved and a bunch of punk kids looking for a reason to be ridiculous. Same with these people. Bunch of punks.

I didn't say it was a logical reaction. And the death is less about that one man in as much as it was "the straw that broke the camel's back"

In your instance, it was a reaction to powers that be, where a small population felt they had zero rights or say in the matter, so they "acted out" in the only way they could. It has more to do with rage and feelings of betrayal, and "f- all this"

Nobody is going to stand up and give a speech because it isn't that intellectual. Distance allows us the luxury of analyzing what is behind it. Why people do this.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: Floon Swenson] #13574315 05/28/20 06:53 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Frenzy
In no way, shape, or form do I condone looting. But I have to wonder if it is a visceral response when a population becomes so disenfranchised that they feel the social contract has been broken by those in power.

I'm thinking the same. At some point people stop giving all f's and then all that's left is to just burn the mf'r to the ground. Like you, I don't condone it, but I understand it.

I think you guys give the looters too much credit. Most of them likely don't give 2 carps about the dead man and are using the situation for their own self benefit. It's a block party where they get to burn and steal other peoples stuff. Some of the protestors see a chance for changes.....others see a free pass to commit crimes and get a new TV.

For sure, I agree. The free TV and booze crowd, though, in no way takes away from the swelling of anger this stuff causes and the overall disenfranchisement that Kat was speaking about.

Still, though - and this even applies to the TV gang - if you don't feel part of a system, then who cares? Get you a TV. Take some booze. Light 'er up on the way out the door. So let's say you're not a thief through and through, but you're up to your eyeballs in rage and realize the system was never meant for you and you have no other recourse, then leave the TV's right where they are and torch the whole joint. If you have no investment in a community, then none of it matters. It is hard to feel invested when the whole show feels like it never was meant for you in the first place.

Again, I'm not saying I condone it, but I really do think I understand it when I try to put myself in their shoes. Heck, even just watching that video made me want to get my hands on that cop and twist his pencil neck off. The rage that something like this is capable of stirring up is palpable.

Unfortunately, I do not agree with your premise. There's no "system" keeping this group or that group down. Point out a racist policy by the government and I'll help fight it. Point out a racist cop and I'll back getting him fired. Point to some imaginary boogeyman like "systemic racism" or "white privilege" or some such nonsense and you're on your own with your imagination.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: Frenzy] #13574322 05/28/20 06:58 PM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Unfortunately, I do not agree with your premise. There's no "system" keeping this group or that group down. Point out a racist policy by the government and I'll help fight it. Point out a racist cop and I'll back getting him fired. Point to some imaginary boogeyman like "systemic racism" or "white privilege" or some such nonsense and you're on your own with your imagination.

It's not really my premise. It's more just me making an attempt as an outsider to understand it, that's all.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: Frenzy] #13574338 05/28/20 07:09 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

Frenzy, I'm with you on everything you said except the system keeping a group down. There is a system keeping a group down, put in place a long time ago, 1965 to be exact, and still supported today. My anger gets directed more and more to the people who continue to not only support that system, but increase it, "The Great Society".

This senseless killing is fuel for the people that feel they've been kept down, and they have, but not by who they think they have.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: RayBob] #13574366 05/28/20 07:47 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
The Target Downtown looks like something out of a Terminator movie. Completely destroyed.

Saw someone protesting with 4 large flat screens on a shopping cart. One looked to be a 70 incher. I could just see his pain!

I saw that too. Saw another person with bottles of booze in his pants and carrying about five handles of liquor in his arms, too.

[Linked Image]
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bigfishtx] #13574372 05/28/20 07:53 PM
C
CBoone Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
The only people keeping black people down are black people and liberal policies/indoctrination that THEY continue to vote for year after year. Blaming whitey for their own inability to fix the most basic principles of community is just their scapegoat.

All one has to do is look at crime statistics - the black community has a black on black violence problem - but NO ONE wants to talk about that. When 12.6% of the population commits 56% and 52% of all murders and robberies, respectively, there is a problem at the core of the community - and no other group is to blame. The white man ain't making black folk shoot EACH OTHER. Rather than face the deep societal issues within their own communities it's easier to play the victim and blame everyone else.

What happened to George Floyd is disgusting and I wouldn't mind seeing that "cop" publicly hung. However, burning a city down, stealing [censored], and overall acting like brainless morons just reiterates my point above.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13574381 05/28/20 08:02 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I'd go for steaks and booze personally. peep

I'm a redneck, I would be the only one grabbing a pair of work boots and some sawzall blades.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: rj74955] #13574423 05/28/20 08:42 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by rj74955

I'm a redneck, I would be the only one grabbing a pair of work boots and some sawzall blades.

Sawzall blades are steep! What's up with that?

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13574424 05/28/20 08:45 PM
junbengreat Offline
not so great
not so great
Can anyone fact check this?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by junbengreat; 05/28/20 08:45 PM.
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: John175☮] #13574428 05/28/20 08:49 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by rj74955

Sawzall blades are steep! What's up with that?

It's the man trying to keep us down, bro.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: junbengreat] #13574443 05/28/20 09:10 PM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by junbengreat
Can anyone fact check this?

[Linked Image]

I just Googled the title of that page. It brought up quite a lot - and it appears those claims are pretty legit.

Makes you wonder what business that guy had with a badge. It looks like there was plenty of warning about the dude.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13574444 05/28/20 09:11 PM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
There was even some other stuff that isn't mentioned on that page.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: junbengreat] #13574445 05/28/20 09:12 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by junbengreat
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
The Target Downtown looks like something out of a Terminator movie. Completely destroyed.

Saw someone protesting with 4 large flat screens on a shopping cart. One looked to be a 70 incher. I could just see his pain!

I’ve got a problem with them killing the guy for sure.

If the cops showed up and killed all the looters I would back them 100%.

I hate thieves more than anything In this world. But when did stealing become punishable by death. Did I miss when USA became the Middle East?

Break into my house or my business and find out...

Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide