Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: soggybottom] #13573010 05/27/20 06:07 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by soggybottom
you pull over enough people and eventually someone is going to get murdered, its common sense. If people would just do what they are told then people wouldn't have to get murdered.
Bottom line.

My thoughts exactly. Yes the cops were wrong but if people would follow the rules and not put themselves in these situations it would not happen. Case in point. The young lady pulled over by the state trooper north of Houston a few years back. If she had not got mouthy then at the worst she gets a ticket.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: Stump jumper] #13573024 05/27/20 06:16 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Stump jumper
you pull over enough people and eventually someone is going to get murdered, its common sense. If people would just do what they are told then people wouldn't have to get murdered.
Bottom line.

My thoughts exactly. Yes the cops were wrong but if people would follow the rules and not put themselves in these situations it would not happen. Case in point. The young lady pulled over by the state trooper north of Houston a few years back. If she had not got mouthy then at the worst she gets a ticket.

So the guy committed suicide by not kneeling to his masters?

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: TR176] #13573031 05/27/20 06:20 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by TR176
Bottom line.

hey I was just fishing. Cant believe I buried the hook!!

pledge= fishstick
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13573043 05/27/20 06:27 PM
C
crankn101 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Imagine if this wasn't recorded

Man Dies After Medical Incident During Police Interaction

May 25, 2020 (MINNEAPOLIS) On Monday evening, shortly after 8:00 pm, officers from the Minneapolis Police Department responded to the 3700 block of Chicago Avenue South on a report of a forgery in progress. Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence.

Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car. After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance. He was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center by ambulance where he died a short time later.

At no time were weapons of any type used by anyone involved in this incident.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has been called in to investigate this incident at the request of the Minneapolis Police Department.

No officers were injured in the incident.

Body worn cameras were on and activated during this incident.

The GO number associated with this case is 20-140629.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13573111 05/27/20 07:06 PM
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I doubt he just decided to put his knee on his neck. I imagine that's how he was trained. The new 2020 choke hold. Disgusting!

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13573215 05/27/20 08:21 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
I apologize for the length of this post but just trying to bring perspective to the discussion. In the United States there are now over 500,000 full time peace officers. Issues like the one here, which in my opinion was clearly at least manslaughter, if not murder happen at least weekly. When you have that many people responding to violent encounters you are going to have some of these encounters that are grossly mishandled. Positional asphyxia, and Excited Delirium have become well know and any department should be trained to recognize the dangers. All that being said, why are we hearing about this one? You have heard me say it before on some of Crankn’
posts but hide and watch. As we get closer to the election cycle we are going to be bombarded with these stories and before you know it once again it will be open season on officers. The divisiveness factor can’t be overlooked. Prosecute every dirty cop in the world, and I will help you, but don’t turn on our hard working cops out there on the street doing good work. In this very thread Juneben pointed out that cops shoot unarmed people. Does it happen, yes but as he framed it his statement is pure BS. Here in my community we handled over 300 man with a gun calls in 2019 in which a person had weapons pointed at them and in which they did posses a firearm. Of those 300 only one was killed when after shooting his girlfriends car he turned to face officers while drawing the firearm out of his waistband. That wasn’t 300 calls involving cell phones or wallets or anything else, it was confirmed firearms. If we had a bunch of bloodthirsty cops roaming around many would have been shot. Again, outrage at this incident should be expected and is well warranted but don’t let it turn you against hard working people that are out there dealing with very difficult situations on a nightly basis.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13573269 05/27/20 09:13 PM
786 Offline
Angler
Angler
I'm heartened to see the overwhelming majority of posts condemn this abuse of power. Unfortunately, there will always be some people that just don't get it. They probably think Rodney King was treated appropriately because "we didn't see what happened before filming started". There is no hope for those people who make excuses for the unnecessary death of a civilian by rogue cops. (I like cops; I was one for 4 years, worked with some of the best.)

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13573272 05/27/20 09:14 PM
R
R.J.E. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Feel bad for the family, it was disgusting what the cops did, now we have to wait and see what Lebron James says.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13573286 05/27/20 09:25 PM
F
Frenzy Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
F
From what I've seen in the videos, these cops were wrong and likely killed him. He's a thief.....but he sure didn't deserve to die for his actions. It's a shame the consequences of his decisions ultimately lead him to the end of his life. Crimes a risky business....

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: crankn101] #13573288 05/27/20 09:28 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by crankn101
Murdering someone is an "anomaly" now.

Cool

More AA men are murdered on a random week in Chicago than LE murders in a year.....GTFO with that nonsense

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: soggybottom] #13573297 05/27/20 09:35 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Bottom line.

Sure you were.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13573316 05/27/20 09:49 PM
D
Dave-0 Offline
DYSON
DYSON
D
I wonder what the over - under is? I'm saying 12 pages....

argue

popcorn2

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: Minnesota cops [Re: soggybottom] #13573325 05/27/20 09:54 PM
Caribou Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Bottom line.

I was pretty sure you were, but decided to steer clear just in case.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13573383 05/27/20 10:42 PM
junbengreat Offline
not so great
not so great
From a respected police officer

I normally bite my tongue when discussions about police misconduct arise. Seldom do the conversations truly advance us towards better understanding or truth, and the same canned responses are typically trotted out by civilians and officers alike. So, I sit it out.

I can't sit this one out. I can't sit in a police leadership position and also stand silent when I see clear wrong. We are conditioned to respond to citizen complaints with "there are bad apples in every profession." Well, I understand that it is my place (and all other officers' too) as a "good apple" to speak up so that we don't ruin the reputation of the whole barrel.

The actions of the officers in Minneapolis are unacceptable and should be condemned in no uncertain terms. No use of force technique that I, or any officer I have ever met, know of calls for placing the officer's knee on a handcuffed suspect's neck. It is not a control technique, it is not a defensive tactic...and it was clearly punitive in this case. We are called to protect to the greatest extent possible the lives of everyone we encounter, even those who have broken the law or resisted. That spirit of service and basic human empathy was nowhere to be found here.

"But Emmitt, we can't see the whole video. What if something happened before the video starts?" There is NO action, none whatsoever, that justifies kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed man who is telling you that he cannot breathe while you callously mock him with your hands in your pockets. Especially when you have cover officers on the scene and could physically place the individual into your vehicle or restrain him in a recovery position.

"But Emmitt, this could be a case of excited delirium. He may have died anyway." Maybe...and we will never know. Why will we never know? Because uniformed police officers, sworn to hold themselves to a higher standard, did not render even basic aid and exacerbated the issue.

I think that, as police officers, we should absolutely stand up for our own when we are forced to make split second judgement calls or when the facts are in dispute. This is NOT one of those times...and I would do a grave disservice to those that put their trust in me and others in uniform if I didn't say it out loud.

Re: Minnesota cops [Re: bloo_rainger] #13573418 05/27/20 11:27 PM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Lookit
I don't care what the guy did to get put in handcuffs.
I don't care what happened during any/the altercation whereas the guy was put in handcuffs.
I don't care what happened during the time they tried to move him from point A to point B whereas he might have tried to resist or flee.
I don't care that the guy said he couldn't breathe.
I don't care that the guy said his everything hurts.
I don't care that the bystanders told the cops that he was bleeding out his nose.

Here's what I care about:
The guy was in handcuffs.
The guy was on the ground.
At any point in which he may have attempted to get up to flee (in handcuffs) or fight the cops (in handcuffs), he would have been summarily put back on the ground by the cops.
There is no reason for the cop to keep his knee on the guy...or even touch him.

Get off of the handcuffed suspect and the guy is potentially still alive today and the cops still have their jobs.

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide