H
[Linked Image]

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Numbers going up [Re: Allison1] #13568157 05/22/20 11:22 PM
Caribou Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Allison1
Two sides yelling the sky is falling for different reasons.

Can't we all just get along? Evidently not but here are a couple observations from me that don't make any sense at all.
These may all be if statements because the two sides don't really want to make valid concerns from the other side any part of a workable solution but

IF the side that is so afraid of the virus spreading would agree to opening up while at the same time expanding regulations and mandatory compliance that would result in the numbers not being affected,

and

IF the side that that wants to go back to work because of the economy, lives affected and all the good things that would happen when we do would agree to do so at the same time expanding regulations and mandatory compliance that would result in the numbers not being affected.

If we had all sides agree to go back to work, that maybe the way we did it was wrong and we could manage the virus better, I believe we could all get back to work and live a close to normal life till there is a vaccine ready or we learn more about Covid and adjust policy again.
The problem being the people for closed are stifling the economy and the people for open are acting in a way that the spread is more likely to happen. We can't agree on how to just get along.

What happens if there never is a cure? As far as I know, we still don’t have a SARS vaccine. And what happens if the virus doesn’t eventually just go away, and we don’t have a vaccine? What if the inevitable is just that we have to get back to life and deal with the idea maybe it’s just always around? If that happens, when do we decide we just deal with the risk of getting sick and go back to living? Or does life just literally change forever all over the world? Let’s say 18 months from now, we still don’t have a vaccine, and we see numbers just kinda stay where they are, what do we do then?

The goalposts keep moving.

As long as we never max out our medical capacity to treat sick people, eventually something has to give, even if we’re seeing new cases every day.

Re: Numbers going up [Re: Caribou] #13568177 05/22/20 11:35 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Caribou

Can't we all just get along? Evidently not but here are a couple observations from me that don't make any sense at all.
These may all be if statements because the two sides don't really want to make valid concerns from the other side any part of a workable solution but

IF the side that is so afraid of the virus spreading would agree to opening up while at the same time expanding regulations and mandatory compliance that would result in the numbers not being affected,

and

IF the side that that wants to go back to work because of the economy, lives affected and all the good things that would happen when we do would agree to do so at the same time expanding regulations and mandatory compliance that would result in the numbers not being affected.

If we had all sides agree to go back to work, that maybe the way we did it was wrong and we could manage the virus better, I believe we could all get back to work and live a close to normal life till there is a vaccine ready or we learn more about Covid and adjust policy again.
The problem being the people for closed are stifling the economy and the people for open are acting in a way that the spread is more likely to happen. We can't agree on how to just get along.

What happens if there never is a cure? As far as I know, we still don’t have a SARS vaccine. And what happens if the virus doesn’t eventually just go away, and we don’t have a vaccine? What if the inevitable is just that we have to get back to life and deal with the idea maybe it’s just always around? If that happens, when do we decide we just deal with the risk of getting sick and go back to living? Or does life just literally change forever all over the world? Let’s say 18 months from now, we still don’t have a vaccine, and we see numbers just kinda stay where they are, what do we do then?

As long as we never max out our medical capacity to treat sick people, eventually something has to give, even if we’re seeing new cases every day.

Whatever happens, working together is better than having two different sides, neither wanting to give in to the other.
I thought I read early on from the people developing a vaccine that this one should not be too hard to develop. How they know that I have no clue but I did read that and we already have a couple that are being tested.
How often a person can be reinfected, if its going to be as dominant every year, if its going to mutate etc.

All to be discovered. Remember, they did not know how long it would take to figure out HIV. All we can do is keep doing something and we should start doing it.

I am like HasBen's pic. Willing to do what it takes to make it the best it can be.

Re: Numbers going up [Re: Allison1] #13568188 05/22/20 11:39 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
I am like HasBen's pic. Willing to do what it takes to make it the best it can be.

That's where I am, but I don't trust numbers that have become part of a political agenda.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Numbers going up [Re: Allison1] #13568210 05/22/20 11:52 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Caribou

and

Whatever happens, working together is better than having two different sides, neither wanting to give in to the other.
I thought I read early on from the people developing a vaccine that this one should not be too hard to develop. How they know that I have no clue but I did read that and we already have a couple that are being tested.
How often a person can be reinfected, if its going to be as dominant every year, if its going to mutate etc.

All to be discovered. Remember, they did not know how long it would take to figure out HIV. All we can do is keep doing something and we should start doing it.

There isn’t a cure for HIV. There is a treatment plan. We didn’t shut the country down for HIV, but there sure were some off the mark opinions about HIV, weren’t there? There've been some really awful predictions on Corona so far.

There is no cure for cancer. Sure it’s not contagious, but it also kills a lot of people every year. There isn’t a cure for the flu, common cold, pneumonia and a bunch of other diseases. That’s one side’s point. Meanwhile, people are suffering and have been for months.

Protect the vulnerable. Take precautions. Let’s go.

[Linked Image]
Re: Numbers going up [Re: Mark Perry] #13568238 05/23/20 12:15 AM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by John175☮
I notice some are protecting the puffed up numbers like their reputation depends on it.

38,600,000 plus unemployed over 9 weeks. Didn't they do enough damage that we can just ignore them? They drove us into a ditch and I sure as hell ain't looking to them for answers or permission.

Had the "experts" not invented social distancing then bazillions woulda died. fish

This is the stupidest thing in the history of mankind, corona Karen's of the world along with their pansy husband, sad sacks, broke bum types have banded together and for some reason bureaucrat types listened to them. Its unbelievable

Re: Numbers going up [Re: BassFever] #13568242 05/23/20 12:19 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
if you're scared you better hide, Rona gonna get you

#MFGA
Re: Numbers going up [Re: WAWI] #13568243 05/23/20 12:19 AM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by WAWI
I notice some are protecting the puffed up numbers like their reputation depends on it.

38,600,000 plus unemployed over 9 weeks. Didn't they do enough damage that we can just ignore them? They drove us into a ditch and I sure as hell ain't looking to them for answers or permission.

Had the "experts" not invented social distancing then bazillions woulda died. fish

This is the stupidest thing in the history of mankind, corona Karen's of the world along with their pansy husband, sad sacks, broke bum types have banded together and for some reason bureaucrat types listened to them. Its unbelievable

"I have not missed an hour of work ....... why don't you go to work and stop worrying about everyone else" Or something like that. Maybe my favorite post of all time. Not sure who it was. Lol

Last edited by fish4bass; 05/23/20 12:21 AM.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: Numbers going up [Re: fish4bass] #13568362 05/23/20 02:20 AM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by fish4bass
Originally Posted by WAWI

"I have not missed an hour of work ....... why don't you go to work and stop worrying about everyone else" Or something like that. Maybe my favorite post of all time. Not sure who it was. Lol

I'm guessing I struck a nerve, you must fit the criteria.

Re: Numbers going up [Re: BassFever] #13568513 05/23/20 09:22 AM
N
Not2Old2Fish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N

<°(((((>{
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide