Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Navarro Mills #13561495 05/17/20 06:47 PM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
I never knew Navarro Mills was a good crappie lake until a friend recently told me he has friends that fish it for crappie. Embarrassing enough, I only live an hour from it as well as Whitney and Aquilla which I have fished. First time going out there will be this week. I believe the best place to launch for me is Liberty Hill. Any insight about the lake I need to know about, or anything interesting? Not looking for honey holes or anything as I have electronics on the boat. Really looking forward to it!

Re: Navarro Mills [Re: BP5168] #13561725 05/17/20 11:03 PM
603Country Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
The wife and I camp there and fish there. You’ll probably see most boats and tubers at the dam, but we have found crappie in quite a few places. Supposedly there are mucho crappie in the stumps SW of the Marina, but the wife has a bad case of ‘stumpaphobia’, so we don’t go there much.

We’ll be there Tuesday morning. Our first crappie outing with Livescope. Hopefully no more searching for crappie with Braille.

Re: Navarro Mills [Re: 603Country] #13561908 05/18/20 01:28 AM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by 603Country
The wife and I camp there and fish there. You’ll probably see most boats and tubers at the dam, but we have found crappie in quite a few places. Supposedly there are mucho crappie in the stumps SW of the Marina, but the wife has a bad case of ‘stumpaphobia’, so we don’t go there much.

We’ll be there Tuesday morning. Our first crappie outing with Livescope. Hopefully no more searching for crappie with Braille.

Awesome! Well good luck out there on Tuesday. If you have any Livescope questions or need some help with it, let me know. I've had one on my boat for a while now.

Re: Navarro Mills [Re: BP5168] #13562163 05/18/20 11:55 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
This is exactly why Keith Speers doesn’t give out any Info anymore and isn’t on this forum. I sure miss all of the old timers.

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Navarro Mills [Re: jig master] #13562340 05/18/20 02:23 PM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by jig master
This is exactly why Keith Speers doesn’t give out any Info anymore and isn’t on this forum. I sure miss all of the old timers.

Ok .... you have yourself a good mornin now and I hope you find all the old timers.

Re: Navarro Mills [Re: BP5168] #13562350 05/18/20 02:27 PM
D
deucer02 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Navarro Mills is one of the best, if not the best, crappie lake in Texas.. It has been for many years.

Biden famously said in the New York Observer, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
Re: Navarro Mills [Re: deucer02] #13562418 05/18/20 03:18 PM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by deucer02
Navarro Mills is one of the best, if not the best, crappie lake in Texas.. It has been for many years.

Looking forward to learning it!

Re: Navarro Mills [Re: BP5168] #13562582 05/18/20 05:39 PM
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
Being rather new to this forum, I have no idea what the Keith Speers and Old Timers comment meant. Don’t tell me that my offering info on where to fish for crappie is considered bad form.

Somebody ‘Splain...

Last edited by 603Country; 05/18/20 05:42 PM.
Re: Navarro Mills [Re: jig master] #13562872 05/18/20 10:04 PM
R
RODS454 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R

WOW! WTH is this suppose to mean?

"I'd rather be fishing!"
[Linked Image]

Re: Navarro Mills [Re: 603Country] #13563228 05/19/20 03:50 AM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Being rather new to this forum, I have no idea what the Keith Speers and Old Timers comment meant. Don’t tell me that my offering info on where to fish for crappie is considered bad form.

Somebody ‘Splain...

I believe there are some that would rather keep “their” home lakes and any information hidden. I don’t know. Maybe he should join Mr. Speers and the Old Timers. No clue what the problem is. There were fish all over that lake. Not hard to find. Got the meat run done. Fish fry time. And I thank you for the kind words sir. Let me know if you have any questions on the LiveScope. I was taught by Earnest Patty and James Davis. Two of the best fishermen I know anyway.

Re: Navarro Mills [Re: BP5168] #13563272 05/19/20 09:26 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by BP5168

Somebody ‘Splain...

I believe there are some that would rather keep “their” home lakes and any information hidden. I don’t know. Maybe he should join Mr. Speers and the Old Timers. No clue what the problem is. There were fish all over that lake. Not hard to find. Got the meat run done. Fish fry time. And I thank you for the kind words sir. Let me know if you have any questions on the LiveScope. I was taught by Earnest Patty and James Davis. Two of the best fishermen I know anyway.

Keith Speers sir was a well respected man. It seems you guys took it wrong as to my comment Or maybe I worded it wrongly. That sometimes rubs people wrong as I don’t sugar coat anything. As usual the defense mode came out. He use to give great information along with several other old timers and I don’t see them on here anymore. My opinion is how you guys go about asking for information and your comments say enough as I can read into what you guys are asking for. At times notice I said at times you remind me of those pot lickers you see on the lake literally watching the guy that does all the work on a fishing hole and didn’t give him a hand on building it Then you run over there with your live scope. Again I don’t sugar coat anything. That’s my 2 cents. Happy fishing.

Last edited by jig master; 05/19/20 09:33 AM.

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Navarro Mills [Re: jig master] #13563934 05/19/20 06:50 PM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by BP5168

Somebody ‘Splain...

Keith Speers sir was a well respected man. It seems you guys took it wrong as to my comment Or maybe I worded it wrongly. That sometimes rubs people wrong as I don’t sugar coat anything. As usual the defense mode came out. He use to give great information along with several other old timers and I don’t see them on here anymore. My opinion is how you guys go about asking for information and your comments say enough as I can read into what you guys are asking for. At times notice I said at times you remind me of those pot lickers you see on the lake literally watching the guy that does all the work on a fishing hole and didn’t give him a hand on building it Then you run over there with your live scope. Again I don’t sugar coat anything. That’s my 2 cents. Happy fishing.

I learned recently wording is suspect sometimes, and I don't sugar coat anything myself. Apparently reading and comprehension is a skill set some do not have. As mentioned in my initial post I specifically said no honey holes so if your interpreting skills are suspect, that's on you, as you are the interpreter. I wrote "Any insight about the lake I need to know about, or anything interesting? Not looking for honey holes or anything as I have electronics on the boat. Really looking forward to it!
". I went ALL over that lake for a good 8 hours running side scan, looking at the scenery, points, etc. I earned what I found regardless of what you think or the way you interpret, which is obviously lacking. I am no pot licker, as you call it. I would rather, to be honest, stay the hell away from other boats and fish by myself or with a friend in the boat. I honestly don't care what I remind you of, you just don't matter. I have a good repport with many on this forum since joining, so your 2 cents isn't worth a cent. Happy fishing yourself, and bless your heart.

Re: Navarro Mills [Re: BP5168] #13563957 05/19/20 07:09 PM
ACES82 Offline
Angler
Angler
Glad you had a good day on Navarro Mills BP5168! Me and my brother used to fish it from the docks when we were younger, I need to plan a trip out there one weekend. Don’t pay any attention to Jig Master, he did the same thing to me when I asked about how to “pattern crappie” at different times of the year.

Never Outsmart Common Sense.
Re: Navarro Mills [Re: ACES82] #13564004 05/19/20 07:40 PM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by ACES82
Glad you had a good day on Navarro Mills BP5168! Me and my brother used to fish it from the docks when we were younger, I need to plan a trip out there one weekend. Don’t pay any attention to Jig Master, he did the same thing to me when I asked about how to “pattern crappie” at different times of the year.

Well man good luck! If ya plan a trip let me know and I’ll bring the boat. And paying him no attention will take minimal effort.

Re: Navarro Mills [Re: BP5168] #13564072 05/19/20 08:25 PM
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
The wife and I just got back from Navarro Mills. Not but a few boats on the lake this morning and most of them left early. Dang Crappie were not biting much on jigs, and my minnow ‘suppliers’ were totally out of minnows, so that wasn’t a bait option this morning. Darn it. Last week the grandson and I did real well with minnows, and I’ll be sure and have some next time. For what it’s worth, the few crappie this morning were caught on pink headed jigs (1/16 oz) and a bright pink and green plastic body with a yellow tail. And a yellow niblet.

I caught all the fish we caught, so the wife was skunked. Not happy, since she’s one of those folks that keeps score. She reminded me of her out fishing me the last time out.

As for the Livescope, it was great for finding fish. I dropped baits on the heads of crappie, and they apparently looked it over but decided to not commit. They’d swarm it, and sniff it, but nobody was hungry. That’s when I wanted live minnows. Maybe that would have worked. Maybe...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide