Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Copano Bay help needec #13558078 05/14/20 11:31 PM
thresher61 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Anyone that’s willing to lend us a few spots to fish at Copano Bay, getting out butts kicked for last two days. Brought the boat down to the coast for first tube and the wind is so bad can’t really get it out. Especially shallow water, we ended up at Copano Bay yesterday mid morning after the si d picked up and water went brown fast so did the swells, so trying to think right we go off water, 5 years ago we would hv needed help getting off water lol.
Thought about trying airport flats just working that whole shoreline, I did see some bait fist hoping outta the water so something was chasing them hopefully. I couldn’t find a road open to red fish point that cove down from the tip usually produces something, just a heck of a wade to that area, now it looked like fences and gates hv been put up. But there is a small park I can start out with and work down to the new kayak launch where the road used to dead end, I guess, going to try some Paul brown lures pearl black top, gold spoons, maybe popping cork with VuDu shrimp, or mirror lures or top water early morning will be there before sun comes up. White truck, 2 of us leaving the boat, trying wade fishing, if anyone interested in meeting out there with little knowledge, or someone nice enough to share a spot or two god knows I could use the help bad. We are heading home Friday morning can’t say I’ve ever gotten my butt kicked like this before. We don’t come down here enough to fish your spots out maybe 2-4 times a year & your secret is good with me, keep any secret I get. I do appreciate any help that anyone will give us. Hopefully someone will come thru for me would love to catch 3-4 trout to take hone for a good supper one night but sure need sone ones help, I don’t beg very often lol would think 2 days could find sone fish but didn’t anticipate the winds this strong. Text if preferred 8173sixeightoneonefourtwo hope I can put this in here, if not someone nicely just let me k ow and it won’t happen again, I apologize if wronged. My boat isn’t a shallow type boat and being unfamiliar with a lot of the water in Copano I’m a safe than sorry type person. Thanks again for anyone that good enough

really enjoy this site.
Re: Copano Bay help needec [Re: thresher61] #13560425 05/16/20 07:22 PM
S
Surfside89 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Have you guys tried fishing any of the lit piers at night? I'm not local, but when I'm in the Corpus area, I catch trout at Red dot, bob hall or one of the other piers around. Check out Keepers in Port Aransas, might be a bit closer than the Corpus piers. Goodluck!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide