Forums59
Topics1,039,134
Posts13,959,703
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Big O Florida] #13556800 05/14/20 12:52 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
What I find interesting is that of the 3 trails I figured BPT to be tge one that could hold their events more easily in the current times. I really figured they would have tried to have as complete a season as they could really cement the BPT brand even more since its their top tier trail. From a fan's standpoint I was kind of shocked at the direction they chose to go the remainder of this season. Once I saw BASS trying to get in a full season i guess I assumed BPT would rssume.
We now see more changes and format tweaks and back to livewell events. I question if the lack of stability in a set format plus now really walking back some of the livewell rhetoric will hurt them a bit.

I like change in some regards and will watch the events but I would think they would focus on the BPT brand itself since its still so new. How is this gonna effect tve Redcrest? Looks like another year without any competition event wise to rival the Classic.

Mark, the single biggest issue for MLF is the production timeline necessary to get all events in for their TV commitments and I believe they spoke to that. As far as the other changes, it's really simple, the Covid issues have forced them to adjust across MLF & FLW. Boyd addressed this in the interview and flat out acknowledged this was going to be tough sledding as they work through it. Big O isn't "breaking" any news. There's not a single intelligent human that doesn't understand that all three leagues will be strained here, losing events and potential revenue with sponsors making tough decisions.

What's happened is unprecedented and therefore you're going to see an unprecedented response as people react. Not sure why this is so confusing for some people?

And as has been mentioned, the FLW supers will likely be the highest viewed events we've seen for FLW. Time will tell.

What, they can’t produce made for TV products in the late summer and fall? Is there something that prevents them from filming a fishing event during those certain months? I would opine that fishing somewhere in the south during November Is a lot less risky than fishing Oklahoma in February, where they are reportedly going to hold their next Redcrest. How about you address the word going around within the angler ranks that these ideas were voted down, not once, but 2x and yet MLF decided to ignore those who they promised would have a say in things?

I've already answered why they can't fish late into the fall as they would have already missed the TV production delivery window. As for a vote, I don't have any visibility to the vote tallies or results. My only comment is if I was running the show there wouldn't be any vote. I'd tell the angler base how it was going to go but that's just me. I've learned not to give anglers a vote in my time in the business. They can't reach a consensus 99% of the time.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Big O Florida] #13556999 05/14/20 04:30 AM
Rangerkev Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Little O you have no credibility and warrant no respect. It will be a day of celebration when you are banned.

Rangerkev
Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Mark Jones] #13557209 05/14/20 01:01 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

I've already answered why they can't fish late into the fall as they would have already missed the TV production delivery window. As for a vote, I don't have any visibility to the vote tallies or results. My only comment is if I was running the show there wouldn't be any vote. I'd tell the angler base how it was going to go but that's just me. I've learned not to give anglers a vote in my time in the business. They can't reach a consensus 99% of the time.

The entire sporting world missed Their dates. Nobody has competed, nothing has been filmed. If someone can't see through that lie... Well clean your glasses. No way whatever 3rd rate channel that MLF airs on won't take their footage. I mean I was flipping channels a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I saw a rerun of the 2003 caba championship on lavon airing primetime on NBC. There is absolutely nothing to watch.

Now the last part of your statement holds true. Thanks mark you for once are right. Which is why...... This MLF unicorn utopian bs doesn't work. You can't argue with yourself. Well you'll likely try.

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Used2fish] #13557252 05/14/20 01:28 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Used2fish

The entire sporting world missed Their dates. Nobody has competed, nothing has been filmed. If someone can't see through that lie... Well clean your glasses. No way whatever 3rd rate channel that MLF airs on won't take their footage. I mean I was flipping channels a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I saw a rerun of the 2003 caba championship on lavon airing primetime on NBC. There is absolutely nothing to watch.

Now the last part of your statement holds true. Thanks mark you for once are right. Which is why...... This MLF unicorn utopian bs doesn't work. You can't argue with yourself. Well you'll likely try.

Lol, I've been right here more than once so give me a little more credit.

If there's anything "most" of us have learned in the last couple of months it's that there's more pressing things to concern ourselves with at the moment. I for one will be glad when there's a sport to watch live soon and am looking forward to it.

What I wasn't looking forward to was Big O's return. hammer

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Used2fish] #13557269 05/14/20 01:33 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

Glad I am not the only one to recognize the BS in that excuse or statement as to “why MLF can’t extend season” just like everyone else is. And the last part of the statement about the anglers voting is curious at best... wasn’t that one of the primary selling points the MLF shysters used to get the majority of lemmings to up and leave a stable and successful pro tour??

The narrative and talking points by all of those at MLF has been. Entry fees, Format (inhumane live live wells), and Anglers have a meaningful vote in all decisions. As of today, the MLF leadership has reneged on all of those promises, and more that were key motivators to the anglers they lured away from BASS. Does anyone over there still feel those 3 year contracts they were required to sign are worth the paper they were printed on, let alone that buyout clause being remotely enforceable? There is no unicorn about MLF, but there sure is a lot of BS that was used as bait, and the “best anglers in the world” all fell for it, hook, line, and sinker like fools! For those who actually bought into it and helped sell the BS to all the others, I hope they lose their jerseys and utopian careers! Let them chop bait after it all collapses!

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Big O Florida] #13557289 05/14/20 01:40 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Last year they (BPT) ended their season early and the guys started to fish other smaller tournaments to fill their free time. I’d venture to guess that something like this was in the works before Covid came about. If I was a guy scrapping to pay the $5k entry (or whatever cost it was) per tournament and then MLF dumped 50 more guys into lessening my odds of winning, I’d be pissed. Yeah, they raised the payback further down the line; but let’s be honest. Guys that fish the BPT are a notch or two above most (Cox excluded) of the FLW anglers, it’s really a spit in the face to the FLW guys.

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Big O Florida] #13557357 05/14/20 02:14 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

And the last part of the statement about the anglers voting is curious at best...

Seminole Wind, the part about the voting is MY opinion only and it doesn't count in any way. I'm simply saying that if I was an owner of any league I wouldn't allow broader group vote on major decisions. I would tell them what was on the table and if they chose to compete then we would be in business. If they chose not to then they could move along. Hopefully that clears it up for you.

This is the last thing I'm going to address for you. It doesn't matter how many times you come on here and how many times you create a new thread. You are not adversely affecting the viewership and/or the success of their platform. In fact, the more you post the better it is for the league.

Welcome back! cheers

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: grout-scout] #13557445 05/14/20 03:09 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Last year they (BPT) ended their season early and the guys started to fish other smaller tournaments to fill their free time. I’d venture to guess that something like this was in the works before Covid came about. If I was a guy scrapping to pay the $5k entry (or whatever cost it was) per tournament and then MLF dumped 50 more guys into lessening my odds of winning, I’d be pissed. Yeah, they raised the payback further down the line; but let’s be honest. Guys that fish the BPT are a notch or two above most (Cox excluded) of the FLW anglers, it’s really a spit in the face to the FLW guys.

I’d be pissed too, but from a corporate standpoint, it makes sense to have the biggest names in as many events as possible. With unprecedented situations like a pandemic that shuts the entire country down and causes companies to scramble to recoup lost revenue to even survive, its sub-optimal but necessary to adapt and hope its temporary.

Don’t you think MLF would much prefer to have the BPT events and FLW events as planned, rather than scrap their new shiny tour and have those guys go to FLW? I do, because this appears to be what they see as their best option to generate revenue in a crappy situation. Is it the right move? Maybe, maybe not. Will it even work and will they survive? Maybe, maybe not.

A situation like this is devastating for thousands of businesses, established, multi-billion dollar companies like airlines, hotels, cruises, restaurants, etc all the way down to startups and new ideas. This is an unforeseeable event brought on by issues out of businesses’ control that is extremely difficult to navigate. There is nothing most companies could’ve done to prevent this or even see it coming. The only option is to make informed decisions and temporarily scrap your original plans just to stay afloat. MLF isn’t alone in this, not by a long shot.

[Linked Image]
Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13557597 05/14/20 04:59 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Don’t you think MLF would much prefer to have the BPT events and FLW events as planned, rather than scrap their new shiny tour and have those guys go to FLW? I do, because this appears to be what they see as their best option to generate revenue in a crappy situation. .

They didn’t scrap their BPT events, they are still having them, just at different times. This move just allows BPT guys to fish more tournaments, so they can make more money. Did FLW do anything to help their AA anglers in this situation?

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: grout-scout] #13557609 05/14/20 05:05 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Don’t you think MLF would much prefer to have the BPT events and FLW events as planned, rather than scrap their new shiny tour and have those guys go to FLW? I do, because this appears to be what they see as their best option to generate revenue in a crappy situation. .

They didn’t scrap their BPT events, they are still having them, just at different times. This move just allows BPT guys to fish more tournaments, so they can make more money. Did FLW do anything to help their AA anglers in this situation?

Actually they did shorten the BPT schedule this year.

http://bassfan.com/docktalk_article/20313/bpt-back-june-7-with-shortened-schedule#.Xr15-2hKjyE

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Big O Florida] #13557654 05/14/20 05:39 PM
bassfishinglawyer Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
It sounds like things are getting desperate and more revealing every day in the MLFLW camp. Word going around is this idea got voted down 2x by anglers but corporate leadership proceeded forward irrespective of how the majority of voting BPT anglers felt. It seems that some industry insiders have been told the MLF management have used coercion tactics towards the BPT angers and they were told in no uncertain terms they are expected to pay the entry fees and be present at the newly announced FLW Pro Series “ Super Tournaments” where they will fish in the traditional 5 fish limit format.

The whole premise and highly promoted need for MLF and BPT in the industry has been the “format” that is conservation friendly and the “no entry fees” for the anglers whom qualified based on them having the “best in the world” resumes. They are now being coerced by their masters to not only fish tournaments that are completely in contradiction to their “best format“ narrative, but also pay to do so, which is the primary reason why they were motivated to strike out on their own and form the MLF BPT. If that’s not ironic enough, they are competing directly against the AAA team and diluting their chances at winning a tournament in their circuit. Eye, yeye, yeye... and they wonder why they get such a bad name and publicity.

[img]https://www.flwfishing.com/tips/2020-05-12-big-changes-for-the-pro-circuit[/img]

Objection "Hearsay"

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: grout-scout] #13557758 05/14/20 06:48 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

As Mark said, the season is shortened. That was my point - the decision was apparently made to showcase the best anglers and keep those anglers happy by having them fish tournaments they otherwise would not fish due to scrapping the original schedule/plan for the season. I also said it sucked for the FLW guys, but it is what it is and hopefully this effort allows MLF and FLW to continue for years to come after all this virus stuff is figured out.

I’m just guessing this is what is going through MLF’s decision process from a business standpoint. That’s what I imagine makes the most sense: biggest names, as much fishing as they can fit in, and try to weather this storm.

[Linked Image]
Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13557762 05/14/20 06:55 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

As Mark said, the season is shortened. That was my point - the decision was apparently made to showcase the best anglers and keep those anglers happy by having them fish tournaments they otherwise would not fish due to scrapping the original schedule/plan for the season. I also said it sucked for the FLW guys, but it is what it is and hopefully this effort allows MLF and FLW to continue for years to come after all this virus stuff is figured out.

I’m just guessing this is what is going through MLF’s decision process from a business standpoint. That’s what I imagine makes the most sense: biggest names, as much fishing as they can fit in, and try to weather this storm.

If that’s the case, wouldn’t it make more sense from an BPT angler standpoint to pay entry fees for and participate in the remaining Bassmasters Opens? If they win one of those at least they get qualified for something, whereas fishing the FLW Pro tour they get nothing but $ - while at same time diluting the FLW Pro’s chances of winning a tournament.

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Big O Florida] #13557904 05/14/20 08:48 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
I find those that do nothing but complain about Big O are far more annoying than Big O.

At least he posts info that can be verified or disproven, others offer up a criticism with no info supporting his/her opinion.

I especially enjoy reading Mark and Big O's back and forth and seeing info from both points of view.

One thing for certain is if you think Big O is an idiot and wish he would quit posting, its pretty easy to not click on topics that he has started.

Both he and Mark seem a bit biased, but they have both provided info I was not aware of.

I mean could you imagine working your butt off trying to classify for the Classic, and then suddenly B.A.S.S. says, heck everybody can fish.

I also thought one of the main points of MLF was that it was Angler Owned and the anglers got to decide the how/what/whens. Seems now it may not be anglers calling the shots.

Was looking forward to the rest of the season with high minimum size, that addressed my biggest complaint. No reason they couldn't fish a nearly full schedule.

Re: BPT anglers coerced into paying entry fees for FLW pro circuit special events [Re: Big O Florida] #13557907 05/14/20 08:50 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I'm ah telling you...if the O says it's so then it's so...according to the O...:) The man is a legend...in his own mind...:)

I haven't really watched much of any fishing shows this year or so...because I cut the cable off. I could stream stuff but I've kinda gotten burned out on tv in general. Most of it's pretty boring or just a redo of the same old premise.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide