Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: Jman] #13553028 05/11/20 10:48 AM
cob Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
TFO owns their factory in South Korea, not China. Just FYI.

Some people go to church and think about fishing. Some go fishing and think about God.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: Jman] #13553319 05/11/20 03:06 PM
BAllen91 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I really like Cashion rods.

Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: BAllen91] #13553387 05/11/20 04:08 PM
F
Fayard19 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
BAllen- Cashion doesn't really have that much exposure from what I could find beyond Tactical Bassin on YT.... how are they compared to anything else especially sensitivity?

Edge rods, I really like the way they look but hardly any reviews on them as well?

I'd like to go American made but finding unbiased reviews are hard nowadays.

Thanks,
David

Last edited by Fayard19; 05/11/20 04:09 PM.
Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: Jman] #13553456 05/11/20 05:14 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Any of these companies use 'Murican made blanks?

I know at one time almost all blanks other than GLoomis (I think) were made overseas. I don't really keep up with it anymore because I am putting 2 thru college and can't afford anything. I do have a bunch of older Falcon Caras and LowRiders that I use now.

Someone school me on the blanks.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13553493 05/11/20 05:50 PM
P
Paparon Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Reshelman
No one usually considers TFO high end but they do make some quality rods. Also if you don’t want to have a 5 page thread about what warranty you thought you were getting you can’t beat theirs. Headquarters in DFW

TFO is Chinese. That’s like a cuss word nowadays. roflmao
Their office is right around the corner from Southwest Service. An authorized GLoomis, Edge, Shimano, Daiwa, and Falcon rod dealer. The GLoomis, Edge, Shimano Conquest(made in part by GLoomis) are Made in USA, the Falcons are slowly starting to be fluent in Chinese, the Steez rods are a combination of Japanese and Maylasia. Most of these have excellent warranties.

I looked for quality rods with cork handles (because I like cork) that don't cost plenty, but aren't necessarily cheap either. I settled on TFO for several reasons, including cork handles, cost and the way they paint them different colors for different actions. Performance wise, I'm not an advanced enough fisherman to tell a big difference between TFO and some other good brands. Over the last several years, I have now collected 9 TFO rods. I like their Tactical Bass rods and they use Pac Bay Minima Stainless Steel SV guides on that series. I also have two Dobyns rods. I've used several other brands as well, including Falcon that I like really well. The Dobyns and TFO Tactical are the only rods I've used that have never lost a guide insert. TFO is actually made in Incheon, South Korea. So they are not made in America, but they are not made in China either, so no cussing allowed when it comes to my TFO rods. They are great rods at what I consider a reasonable cost, given the cost of so many "high end" rods. And I live close enough to the Dallas warehouse so that I was able to drive there and get two of their Signature rods replaced under warranty that had lost inserts. Last replacement was recent and I found out they replaced the Signature series with the TFG Professional series. So far no lost inserts with the Professional series rod but I haven't used it that much yet. Doesn't say on their web site, but I think they use Fuji guides on that series. Love my TFO rods!
Just my 2cents
cheers

Last edited by Paparon; 05/11/20 05:55 PM.
Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: Jman] #13553592 05/11/20 07:20 PM
P
Paul Marshall Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
you might take a look at cajun custom rods they are made in the usa. I have been using them a few years now and love them.

Enjoy Life It's To Short Not To
Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: Derek Stokes] #13553597 05/11/20 07:28 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Derek Stokes
St. Croix, Powell, Shimano, Lew's, Falcon, and Daiwa all make a good rod. Look at a few reviews from customers that have already fished them. You will learn a lot about fishing tackle that way. Stay away from ANYTHING made in China, Dobyn's included.

I can't tell. Are you a Dobyn's fan? Lol

Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: Jman] #13554887 05/12/20 05:52 PM
B
BlueSkeeter13 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
G-Loomis is no doubt the best rods that I own. I did let a sales guy at BPS talk me into a TFO one time and I've regretted it ever since. Hands down the worst rod I have ever owned. But I don't have a hang up on rod colors. cool

Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: BlueSkeeter13] #13559993 05/16/20 01:44 PM
P
Paparon Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Originally Posted by BlueSkeeter13
G-Loomis is no doubt the best rods that I own. I did let a sales guy at BPS talk me into a TFO one time and I've regretted it ever since. Hands down the worst rod I have ever owned. But I don't have a hang up on rod colors. cool

G-Loomis rods are definitely great, but they're also quite expensive. For me, $160 is expensive for a rod, but you get what you pay for, so you have to find a happy medium for quality and budget. I like the TFO rod colors, but certainly not a requirement for me buying a rod. And I like the TFO rods I have. Just curious, what is about your TFO that made it the worst rod you ever owned?

Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: Jman] #13563987 05/19/20 07:29 PM
O
Oldman4750 Offline
Angler
Angler
O
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PICK UP A G-Loomis NRX!!!! THEY ARE LIKE "CRACK"!!!
If you break it give them $100 and get a new model.

Last edited by Oldman4750; 05/20/20 01:22 PM.
Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: Jman] #13564135 05/19/20 09:23 PM
H
haleywp Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I will jump in with my 2 cents worth. I am not a custom rod builder. I have built 14 rods for myself and family. The first rod was a kit by Mud Hole. If I remember it was around $65.00 made out of graphite for crank bait fishing. The next 2 were FTU blanks at $110.00 with $100.00 of components. The next 6 were Mud Hole blanks on sale for half price for family at Christmas. The total rod build was less than $80.00 each. The next 4 were North Fork Composite (NFC). NFC is a Garry Loomis company and made in the USA. The blanks were half price from $250.00 on sale for $125.00. If bought at normal price one rod would have cost $346.00 and the other 3 just less then $335.00. As it was they cost just less then $194.00. I use different thread colors on the guides to tell the rods apart by weight and action. As for as warranty I will attach an article I posted the end of last year. I do not know if I would ever build a rod for someone other than close friends or family due to the warranty issue. If I did it would be only as good as the warranty of the rod manufacture or component manufacture. One would not take a $2000.00 gun and leave it outside and miss-treat it the way we do our rods.

Pat Haley

https://northforkcomposites.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Rod_Break_Article.pdf

Re: Rod Warranty(s) [Re: Paparon] #13565459 05/20/20 09:29 PM
D
deucer02 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Paparon
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Reshelman
No one usually considers TFO high end but they do make some quality rods. Also if you don’t want to have a 5 page thread about what warranty you thought you were getting you can’t beat theirs. Headquarters in DFW

TFO is Chinese. That’s like a cuss word nowadays. roflmao
Their office is right around the corner from Southwest Service. An authorized GLoomis, Edge, Shimano, Daiwa, and Falcon rod dealer. The GLoomis, Edge, Shimano Conquest(made in part by GLoomis) are Made in USA, the Falcons are slowly starting to be fluent in Chinese, the Steez rods are a combination of Japanese and Maylasia. Most of these have excellent warranties.

I looked for quality rods with cork handles (because I like cork) that don't cost plenty, but aren't necessarily cheap either. I settled on TFO for several reasons, including cork handles, cost and the way they paint them different colors for different actions. Performance wise, I'm not an advanced enough fisherman to tell a big difference between TFO and some other good brands. Over the last several years, I have now collected 9 TFO rods. I like their Tactical Bass rods and they use Pac Bay Minima Stainless Steel SV guides on that series. I also have two Dobyns rods. I've used several other brands as well, including Falcon that I like really well. The Dobyns and TFO Tactical are the only rods I've used that have never lost a guide insert. TFO is actually made in Incheon, South Korea. So they are not made in America, but they are not made in China either, so no cussing allowed when it comes to my TFO rods. They are great rods at what I consider a reasonable cost, given the cost of so many "high end" rods. And I live close enough to the Dallas warehouse so that I was able to drive there and get two of their Signature rods replaced under warranty that had lost inserts. Last replacement was recent and I found out they replaced the Signature series with the TFG Professional series. So far no lost inserts with the Professional series rod but I haven't used it that much yet. Doesn't say on their web site, but I think they use Fuji guides on that series. Love my TFO rods!
Just my 2cents
cheers

Thanks, good input!

Biden famously said in the New York Observer, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide