texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Norm51, Heart of a Hawk, Fish Head 512, dubber9140, tadser
112816 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 94,538
hopalong 86,493
Pilothawk 79,692
John175☮ 77,165
JDavis7873 67,398
Derek 🐝 64,224
Bigbob_FTW 64,085
Mark Perry 59,723
Tritonman 58,898
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics779,034
Posts9,825,300
Members112,816
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Balzout Mounts #13554832 05/12/20 05:19 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
H
Holzer Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
H
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
Barry talks highly of them on his show.
All the videos I see online are just people talking about them and not showing how they work.

My thing is that I have to remove my electronics after every use. Are these kinds of mounts made to allow me to do so?
Ram mounts is what I have used in the past. Looking for something stronger.

Anyone use these mounts? Your review?


Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Balzout Mounts [Re: Holzer] #13554846 05/12/20 05:26 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,965
F
fordnut Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
F
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,965
I went to the Balzout mount on my last upgrade because i wanted a more rigid mount. Yes i remove mine as well i just take my units out of the gimbal and keep in a case the front one i loosen up and let it lay on the deck the one at the console I take loose from the base and lay it in front of the drivers seat when I put the cover on.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


[Linked Image]

Re: Balzout Mounts [Re: Holzer] #13554893 05/12/20 05:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
H
Holzer Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
H
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
I could go that route also.

You like the mounts so far? That one up front hold up from the bounce of rough water?
In not shy. Ill put my boat through a pounding if the water ox rough.


Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Balzout Mounts [Re: Holzer] #13555018 05/12/20 07:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,407
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,407
I do the same as "fordnut". I thru mounted the base's on bow and console with bolts, large washers on bottom and lock nuts. These things are not going anywhere.

Units are manufactured solid as a rock. Adjustment angle arm nuts stay tight and no unit vibration.

Have my Lowrance 12's mounted on them for 4 years now and wouldn't consider using anything else.


[Linked Image]
Alumni 1985-1989

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
Re: Balzout Mounts [Re: Holzer] #13555052 05/12/20 07:39 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,139
44 Diesel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,139
I had the balzout mounts and liked other than the fact I adjust my units quite a bit throughout a the day. Having to hold the unit and twist knobs became a PIA. Switched to the Cisco mounts and they have been excellent. Real easy to adjust and every bit as solid as the balzout. I have 12" unit on the bow and it does not move unless I move it. You can permanently install the mount or use the plate that bolts it down then all you have to do is remove the 2 thumb screws then you can take the entire mount off easily.

https://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/shop/marine-electronics-mount-5224

Last edited by 44 Diesel; 05/12/20 07:41 PM.
Re: Balzout Mounts [Re: T Bird] #13555625 05/13/20 03:05 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
H
Holzer Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
H
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
Originally Posted by T Bird
I do the same as "fordnut". I thru mounted the base's on bow and console with bolts, large washers on bottom and lock nuts. These things are not going anywhere.

Units are manufactured solid as a rock. Adjustment angle arm nuts stay tight and no unit vibration.

Have my Lowrance 12's mounted on them for 4 years now and wouldn't consider using anything else.


Some good feedback. Thank you.


Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Balzout Mounts [Re: 44 Diesel] #13555626 05/13/20 03:05 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
H
Holzer Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
H
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
Originally Posted by 44 Diesel
I had the balzout mounts and liked other than the fact I adjust my units quite a bit throughout a the day. Having to hold the unit and twist knobs became a PIA. Switched to the Cisco mounts and they have been excellent. Real easy to adjust and every bit as solid as the balzout. I have 12" unit on the bow and it does not move unless I move it. You can permanently install the mount or use the plate that bolts it down then all you have to do is remove the 2 thumb screws then you can take the entire mount off easily.

https://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/shop/marine-electronics-mount-5224


I havent heard of Cisco. I'll look into it. Thank you.


Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Balzout Mounts [Re: Holzer] #13555754 05/13/20 11:30 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,965
F
fordnut Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
F
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,965
Originally Posted by Holzer
I could go that route also.

You like the mounts so far? That one up front hold up from the bounce of rough water?
In not shy. Ill put my boat through a pounding if the water ox rough.


Yes I like them a lot better than the Ram mounts, even in very rough water they stay put. When I had the Rams previously and running in 3-4 foot rollers it was hard enough to hold the boat on course without having to readjust the graph to see the map after bouncing over every other wave. May be expensive to some but well worth it to me.


[Linked Image]

Re: Balzout Mounts [Re: Holzer] #13564174 05/19/20 09:56 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
H
Holzer Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
H
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,424
Placed an order with Balzout llc today.


Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Balzout Mounts [Re: Holzer] #13564266 05/19/20 11:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,407
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,407
Originally Posted by Holzer
Placed an order with Balzout llc today.


You'll be happy with them. thumb


[Linked Image]
Alumni 1985-1989

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread


© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3