texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,008
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,323
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,878
Posts13,954,670
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Questions - First Graph - Garmin Echomap UHD 93SV #13536105 04/27/20 03:24 PM
I
iFloat Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
I
First time to use a graph. Installed Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv.

First question - on the navigation setting, is there a way I can get GPS Speed, direction, depth... that information on the side of the screen while in Navigation using maps? Currently, the only way I can get that is if I go Split screen with half of it nav, and half of it Sonar. The sonar screen holds the data I am looking for. The default navigation screen has a map only. No other data visible.

Second question - 1st day I took boat out I had transducer mounted well below boat hull. Images looked awesome, but huge rooster tail was flying up. I mounted to new location higher up, roughly even with bottom of bass tracker aluminum boat. On the water, there was a ton of interference on the top. Looked like the top 1/4 of the 2d sonar screen was near solid orange. This wasn't the case the first day, it was clear up top. I assume I need to lower it down a bit to remove interference? But I don't know.

Thanks for any help for this new guy.

Re: Questions - First Graph - Garmin Echomap UHD 93SV [Re: iFloat] #13537299 04/28/20 11:58 AM
S
Skunked Again Fishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by iFloat
First time to use a graph. Installed Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv.

First question - on the navigation setting, is there a way I can get GPS Speed, direction, depth... that information on the side of the screen while in Navigation using maps? Currently, the only way I can get that is if I go Split screen with half of it nav, and half of it Sonar. The sonar screen holds the data I am looking for. The default navigation screen has a map only. No other data visible.

Second question - 1st day I took boat out I had transducer mounted well below boat hull. Images looked awesome, but huge rooster tail was flying up. I mounted to new location higher up, roughly even with bottom of bass tracker aluminum boat. On the water, there was a ton of interference on the top. Looked like the top 1/4 of the 2d sonar screen was near solid orange. This wasn't the case the first day, it was clear up top. I assume I need to lower it down a bit to remove interference? But I don't know.

Thanks for any help for this new guy.

Yes, its in the settings, display. There are options for bottom, side, top displays. It’s in your manual. Read the manual for proper installation depth. There is a balance between readability and rooster tail.

One 10-pounder is better than ten 1-pounders; but 100 1-pounders is ok too!
If this kind of stuff floats your boat, be a subscriber to my youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/SkunkedAgain
Get exclusive information by following SkunkedAgain Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/SkunkedAgain
Re: Questions - First Graph - Garmin Echomap UHD 93SV [Re: iFloat] #13540969 05/01/20 12:09 AM
I
iFloat Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
I
I moved the transducer down to the lower part of the stepped hull on the back of the tracker. Per Wayne's advice in another thread. The images today looked good to me.

I found settings to turn on gps speed and depth while navigating.

I appreciate your help, and I love the Garmin.

Re: Questions - First Graph - Garmin Echomap UHD 93SV [Re: iFloat] #13552177 05/10/20 10:32 AM
S
Skunked Again Fishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by iFloat
I moved the transducer down to the lower part of the stepped hull on the back of the tracker. Per Wayne's advice in another thread. The images today looked good to me.

I found settings to turn on gps speed and depth while navigating.

I appreciate your help, and I love the Garmin.

I assume you're saving up or already bought the Livescope? If not, that's your next best investment for most types of fishing (Crappie, whites, stripers, hybrids, but less for bass fishing)
Tim

One 10-pounder is better than ten 1-pounders; but 100 1-pounders is ok too!
If this kind of stuff floats your boat, be a subscriber to my youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/SkunkedAgain
Get exclusive information by following SkunkedAgain Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/SkunkedAgain
Re: Questions - First Graph - Garmin Echomap UHD 93SV [Re: iFloat] #13566810 05/21/20 10:29 PM
T
TomRom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
I got the Garmin Echomap Ultras with the LiveScope and I really like it a lot. I have found the Garmin units much more user friendly than the ones (another brand) I replaced. The LiveScope is really nice as well. You see the fish real time as well as the structure out in front of your boat. I was on a school of bass which I had found and tossed out a marker. I caught several on a C-rig and then the fish moved about 50 feet to the side of the marker. I started casting to the fish and caught several more until they just quit biting. If I did not see them move, I would have been still casting to the area immediately around the marker which had no fish under it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide