Print Thread
Ultrex Help #13551724 05/09/20 05:46 PM
N
Noojen Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
N
Got to the lake this morning and found that the power wire from my Ultrex’s foot pedal had come loose from the connector attached to the 60A breaker, so I just slid it back into the connector and clamped it down with my pliers. While I was fishing I noticed that if I turned up the speed dial higher than 6 and pressed the momentary button the prop wouldn’t turn and all the lights on the pedal would flash on. Moreover, if I held down the momentary button the prop would start turning starting at 1 but when I got pass 6 it’d stop turning and if I dialed it back down it’d start turning again. Got home and put a voltmeter to the batteries and got 13V on one, 14.7V on the other, and 27.7V across both in series. Also, I clamped the wire down more, and I tested the motor while on the trailer and it worked at all speeds...it’s a 24V 45” 80lbs unit. Any ideas why it wasn’t working on the water but seems to be working on the trailer?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ultrex Help [Re: Noojen] #13551806 05/09/20 07:34 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Noojen
Got to the lake this morning and found that the power wire from my Ultrex’s foot pedal had come loose from the connector attached to the 60A breaker, so I just slid it back into the connector and clamped it down with my pliers. While I was fishing I noticed that if I turned up the speed dial higher than 6 and pressed the momentary button the prop wouldn’t turn and all the lights on the pedal would flash on. Moreover, if I held down the momentary button the prop would start turning starting at 1 but when I got pass 6 it’d stop turning and if I dialed it back down it’d start turning again. Got home and put a voltmeter to the batteries and got 13V on one, 14.7V on the other, and 27.7V across both in series. Also, I clamped the wire down more, and I tested the motor while on the trailer and it worked at all speeds...it’s a 24V 45” 80lbs unit. Any ideas why it wasn’t working on the water but seems to be working on the trailer?

A loose connection causing a voltage drop when amperage demands are high. Mine did the same thing last week. I thought it was tripping the autoreset breaker, but it was a bad connection in the plug.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Ultrex Help [Re: Noojen] #13551854 05/09/20 08:59 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Noojen

A loose connection causing a voltage drop when amperage demands are high. Mine did the same thing last week. I thought it was tripping the autoreset breaker, but it was a bad connection in the plug.

Yep exactly. Higher Amp draw and loose connection equals no Bueno.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide