Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: Chris B] #13551203 05/09/20 03:47 AM
S
SGT BALLARD Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by Allison1

If anyone is going down a street and you see someone ahead with a gun pulled and you can't get away, is it wrong to do whatever it takes to try to survive?

I guess that's the question the jury will have to decide. I doubt the shooter would have fired at him if he hadn't attacked him.

Why is it that every time a Black person is killed by a White person, it's always "the Black person would not be dead if he didn't do something to cause it" !! Would 2 white guys chase a White guy down the street and confront him with a gun if you suspected him of burglarizing homes in your neighborhood? Can you now imagine how a Black person feels now with Covid 19, scary as hell walking/jogging around with a "Mask" on ! Use common sense please,

Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: SGT BALLARD] #13551209 05/09/20 03:53 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SGT BALLARD

If anyone is going down a street and you see someone ahead with a gun pulled and you can't get away, is it wrong to do whatever it takes to try to survive?

I guess that's the question the jury will have to decide. I doubt the shooter would have fired at him if he hadn't attacked him.

Why is it that every time a Black person is killed by a White person, it's always "the Black person would not be dead if he didn't do something to cause it" !! Would 2 white guys chase a White guy down the street and confront him with a gun if you suspected him of burglarizing homes in your neighborhood? Can you now imagine how a Black person feels now with Covid 19, scary as hell walking/jogging around with a "Mask" on ! Use common sense please,

yep wouldn't matter what color their skin is if a white person thought a crime had been commited.

Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: junbengreat] #13553664 05/11/20 08:39 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
I didn’t comment on this when it was a new thread, and all I will add to it is a real big Hmmmmmmmmm-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjCzJyFKoqo

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: crankn101] #13553745 05/11/20 10:04 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by crankn101
Why would an innocent jogger attack a man holding a shotgun? Seems like there is more to the story.

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I have seen.

Yup, "the jogger" seen a random guy sitting on his porch holding a shotgun and decided to run up and attack him.

Your right, that was dumb of me. Please change my comment from innocent jogger to burglar.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: steveiam] #13553747 05/11/20 10:05 PM
G
Gourdbuster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by steveiam
I didn’t comment on this when it was a new thread, and all I will add to it is a real big Hmmmmmmmmm-

I think he is right in most of what he says. When they were charged with murder my immediate thought was that they couldn't get a conviction on that high of a charge. It actually raises an eyebrow considering what is publicly known. Either there is more to the story that led to the charge of murder, or they were overcharged in order to ensure an acquittal.

We will see.

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
We're all part of the same compost heap.
We're the all singing, all dancing [censored] of the world.”

-Chuck Palahniuk

Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: Gourdbuster] #13553770 05/11/20 10:21 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by Gourdbuster

I think he is right in most of what he says. When they were charged with murder my immediate thought was that they couldn't get a conviction on that high of a charge. It actually raises an eyebrow considering what is publicly known. Either there is more to the story that led to the charge of murder, or they were overcharged in order to ensure an acquittal.

We will see.

If a guy tries to rob a liquor store, and the clerk shoots at him but accidentally kills another customer, then the robber gets charged with murder. He is responsible for the consequences of his unlawful action. Is that what they are charging here?

Maybe the case is they were unlawfully attempting a citizen's arrest, and because of that unlawful action a guy got shot. Therefore murder?

Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: Gourdbuster] #13553838 05/11/20 11:07 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Gourdbuster

We will see.

BS, pure BS. The former police officer did not even have his facts right, nor follow up by talking facts. He assembled a STORY to fit, put his spin on it and called it fact. If he used FACTS, he would have a different or no story.

The former officer notes him walking down the street before he goes inside. Does that mean that a jogger can't walk during his daily run? Or if a man is jogging and becomes interested in looking inside a house under construction that he might slow down and walk by it? I'm sure that would be brought up.
If he ran out of the house and a police had stopped him, with only the evidence we see here or the police would have, he would have sent him on his way. There is zero evidence that he stole anything. A prosecuting attorney would look foolish telling a jury that the only reason a person has to go inside a house under construction is to commit a burglary.
He also described a house with no doors, no sheetrock as a dwelling. Pretty lame really and here is the Ga law on burglary.
(b) A person commits the offense of burglary in the first degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant dwelling house of another or any building, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, aircraft, or other such structure designed for use as the dwelling of another.

He says he is a former police officer and he does not think a person yelling at you inside that house might be a reason to run away? Especially in a white neighborhood?

The call made by the person who lives across the street which he calls the McMichael call is just a mistake. The neighbors house was seen the entire video and he came out, walked down the street after the jogger took off then returned to his house. That was the person who saw the jogger and made the first 911 call, not McMichael.

There were two 911 calls.
The McMichaels call started less then 10 seconds before Arbery was shot. You can hear the fight, the shots and then 4 minutes of silence afterwards.

If you look at this video in real time it shows the jogger, the homeowner across the street and in the very upper left you can see the McMichaels truck and see a person just after the jogger entering the house walking up, opening the truck door and then walking back to the rear of the truck. Then a minute after Arbery runs by you can see them getting into the truck and driving away.

13:30 in the video, the jogger is first seen.
14:17 the neighbor across the street comes out of his house. The first 911 call.
14:38 just after a car drives by the jogger takes off.
14:44 the jogger passes the McMichaels truck
15:02 the white McMichaels truck leaves the driveway.

Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: butch sanders] #13553927 05/12/20 12:11 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by butch sanders

don't carry a weapon
unless you are going to use it

That's an illogical statement. Let me help: "Don't carry a weapon unless you are WILLING to use it if necessary." No matter what brings two people to the point of a weapon introduced, the person not in possession causes legal issues for himself/herself/itself by trying to take the weapon away from the other person. I'll add that doing so could get you shot inadvertently as trying to snatch a weapon away from another person could cause the weapon to be fired when the possessor was not intending to pull the trigger. If I try to snatch a gun from you while your finger is inside the trigger guard, there's a highly reasonable chance my own action will discharge the weapon.

Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: Flippin-Out] #13553950 05/12/20 12:32 AM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

That's an illogical statement. Let me help: "Don't carry a weapon unless you are WILLING to use it if necessary." No matter what brings two people to the point of a weapon introduced, the person not in possession causes legal issues for himself/herself/itself by trying to take the weapon away from the other person. I'll add that doing so could get you shot inadvertently as trying to snatch a weapon away from another person could cause the weapon to be fired when the possessor was not intending to pull the trigger. If I try to snatch a gun from you while your finger is inside the trigger guard, there's a highly reasonable chance my own action will discharge the weapon.

Think that through. You are saying a person pulls a gun on a person and they see an opportunity to avoid being shot and you think that person is thinking about the legal aspects of it? Also we have the right to have a gun and you sound like you believe a person without a gun has less rights.
I agree don't have a gun if you are not ready to use it but I think in this case we had someone with deadly force who hesitated and allowed someone to get close enough to grab the gun.
I think if dad had been on the ground, with his training Arbery would have not gotten that close to the gun or him. Every officer knows that you don't let someone get that close.

Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: Chris B] #13554179 05/12/20 03:52 AM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C

PSA: if you encounter someone holding a gun, the best way to survive is generally to move AWAY from that person.

Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: COFF] #13554192 05/12/20 04:29 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
honey boo boo
Online Happy
honey boo boo
Originally Posted by COFF

PSA: if you encounter someone holding a gun, the best way to survive is generally to move AWAY from that person.

Do not be logical. They do not like that approach

[Linked Image]
Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: Bee'z] #13554197 05/12/20 04:43 AM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 2 Bee'z
Originally Posted by COFF

Do not be logical. They do not like that approach

There was a vehicle behind and a truck in front. Three people chasing him. There were two vehicles pretty close to the beginning. See the police report and the mention of Roddy Williams.

We must be talking about Superman.

Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: junbengreat] #13554315 05/12/20 12:35 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Those two guys should go to prison.

And all of the people crying racism need to shut up too. They clearly believed a crime had been committed and were trying to stop him. We can't have folks going around with loaded weapons with no training trying to make arrests of people who walk into a construction site and then walk out, committing basically no meaningful crime. I mean how many people around here go look at homes under construction just to see what they look like? Is that really a "crime"? Say what you want about trespassing - it's not worth loading a gun and trying to arrest somebody for if that's truly all they did was go look at a house under construction.

But again, on the flip side, I'm so tired of people making issues about race when it seems the actual issue had nothing to do with race.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: junbengreat] #13554325 05/12/20 12:38 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
I have lost all respect for Lebron. He posted something about, "we are hunted every time we go outside" after repeatedly chastising Trump for emboldening racists? He thinks that isn't a racist comment...? Does he truly believe that are white folks waiting in hunting blinds or camo trucks for when the blacks come out of their houses so they can open fire? That's what he said - that's a horribly racist comment and a really perverted view of the world, and he should be ashamed for that type of divisive, unproductive language.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: ahmaud arbery [Re: junbengreat] #13554358 05/12/20 01:00 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Did ya'll see the white pastor in Florida who put a TV under his arm and than ran 2 miles through a neighborhood? People actually smiled and waved at him. Would that have happened if he were black? Interesting social experiment.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide