Print Thread
New Lowrance Trolling Motor? #13541061 05/01/20 01:23 AM
B
BigTxBassMan Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Who's got one and how do you like it so far?

Re: New Lowrance Trolling Motor? [Re: BigTxBassMan] #13541155 05/01/20 02:40 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Like mine a lot, had it since thanksgiving. If you have any questions, ask away.

Re: New Lowrance Trolling Motor? [Re: grout-scout] #13541187 05/01/20 03:05 AM
B
BigTxBassMan Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Any negatives?

Re: New Lowrance Trolling Motor? [Re: BigTxBassMan] #13541398 05/01/20 01:25 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
The way the head is made, it’s kind of cumbersome (tall). Potential downfall is all the electronics in it, but they all will be that way. Remote is an extra $100, but I think it’ll be worth it. With the remote you can jog in 5’ increments different directions.

Having to mount a separate puck, can’t use the point1.

Nothing really major, just tiny minor stuff. I’d buy it again.

Cost??? I guess that’s a negative, but I’ll say that anchor lock might almost be considered priceless if you fish open water a lot.

Re: New Lowrance Trolling Motor? [Re: BigTxBassMan] #13542456 05/02/20 09:40 AM
B
bigfishwilb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Installed about a month ago. Finally got out last week thanks corona! BTW. I am not sponsored by Lowrance and claim to be no expert in the realm of trolling motors but wanted to give you my perspective. Enjoy the read I hope. (PS. Sorry if typos. It’s 4 am!)

Sold my power pole blades to fund purchase. Without hesitation the BeST things I have ever bought for my BassCat! Would purchase again immediately. Used blades 8-10 total in couple 3 years.

PROS:
1, Spot lock is amazing and accurate. Was on Choke w howling winds in back of 4 fingers. Caught a fish right next to a log in water. Hit anchor. Messed w fish then re-tied line. Got back up to start again. Right next to
Same log under water. AMAZINGLY accurate thus far
2. ZERO interference w graphs. Neve have I been able to read graphs without some type of interference. Came from a mighty dependable MG digital 36V. Always had some type of interference when hit the pedal. Trust me tried all the tricks to fix it known to man but no help. NOW and FiNALLY have a system
Without issues. It’s glorious!
3. No cables to ever break again during middle of fishing. Only had this 2 times in my past 10 years but it really dampers fishing in a tournament setting when it does. The fly by wire method should be a huge improvement without reliability issues. Nothing to break except forgetting to plug it in.
4. Built in lift/deploy assist. The huge piston arm works as advertised. Deployment is auto magic about 1/2 down. Just let go and watch it work. Lifting it back up the piston takes up most of the weight. I have back issues and this has always been an issue. So far so good. Time
Will tell about durability of piston arm.
5. Mounting holes. Lowrance thought of it all in my opinion. The mount holes on the base have BOTH Minn Kota and Motorguide pre holes. So that makes it easy to match up holes from oldTM to new one. I do not believe that if coming from Garmin to this all will Match???

CONS:
1. I have adjusted the wire housing holder and moved wire a couple of times. When I went to deploy it first time, noted the wire tried to get pinched into the area when mount locks in. Have since adjusted means seems to be ok. Will watch to see if it slides again.
2. Servo motor makes a little noise but nothing super loud. It’s just that we fishermen do not like extra sounds. I can tell you this. I can live with the servo sound much more that a damn squeak which j could never fix in my other system. 100 percent better for me but may irritate others.
3. Only plastic prop at this time. I had the metal 3 blade and lived it for grass and stumps. Plastic HS always made me nervous but I can certainly tell you.... the design is legit as goes easily through thick hydrilla at Choke like a butter knife through a hot biscuit. I am buying a spare today as writing this reminded me that I didn’t do that yet! Always have a spare.
Please note. The CONS are me nitpicking at the system.
I LOVE ThIS UNIT and the designs that took lowrance so long to build into it then release it was well worth the wait!

I like my GHOST and would do it again without hesitation. People are afraid of ghost and don’t wAnna see them. The heck with that. I WANT PEOPLE TO SEE MY GHOST!! They should be scared.....!

Patrick Wilbricht
San Antonio TX
Ardent Outdoors Prostaff
Owner, PFK Limitless Fishing

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide