Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lake fork strong south wind fishing #13538518 04/29/20 01:29 AM
S
SlickTrick Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Me and the wife will be fishing lake fork Thursday and Friday of this week. Thursday looks like a perfect day with little or no wind but Friday shows 18moh south winds. We plan on putting in Thursday at the 154 ramp and fish around little caney or up towards Glade area. My concern is where should we put in at and where to fish at to stay some what protected from the strong south wind on Friday. Any help or tips would be greatful and appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Should have stated we will be bass fishing.

Last edited by SlickTrick; 04/29/20 01:50 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13538550 04/29/20 01:49 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Put in at Pope's or Fisherman's One Stop and Fish the creeks/coves around there.
Put in up at Coffee Creek.
Put in and fish around Axton's or Rainswood.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13538595 04/29/20 02:27 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
you can put in at 515 east and get to glade. You can go to hideaway harbor and fish little chaney arm

Last edited by 921 Phoenix; 04/29/20 02:35 AM.
Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13538604 04/29/20 02:32 AM
heb-bass Offline
Angler
Angler
Chaney

Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: David Burton] #13538617 04/29/20 02:43 AM
A
Allen Bass Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
Originally Posted by David Burton
Put in at Pope's or Fisherman's One Stop and Fish the creeks/coves around there.

Fisherman's One stop is not on the water? It's on 515 between the West and East arms.

Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13538620 04/29/20 02:43 AM
C
Chug-bug-bang1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Big and little mustang creeks

Hey pull my finger ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’จ
Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: Allen Bass Fisher] #13538670 04/29/20 03:26 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Allen Bass Fisher
Originally Posted by David Burton

Fisherman's One stop is not on the water? It's on 515 between the West and East arms.

Maybe it's Fisherman's Cove - The Marina in Williams...

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13538677 04/29/20 03:32 AM
S
SlickTrick Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Thanks Gentlmen! This will help out a lot.

Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13538695 04/29/20 03:59 AM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
18 means 25 mph on the water. Lol.

Iโ€™d put in at Hideway Harbor and fish Little Caney. Donโ€™t have to run much or far and lots of good water in there right now.

Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: Sinkey] #13538734 04/29/20 04:53 AM
S
SlickTrick Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Originally Posted by Sinkey
18 means 25 mph on the water. Lol.

Iโ€™d put in at Hideway Harbor and fish Little Caney. Donโ€™t have to run much or far and lots of good water in there right now.

absolutely correct lol!!

Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13538750 04/29/20 06:15 AM
F
filmsguy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Big and Little Mustang and Williams are good protected creeks from a strong south wind. Mustang Resort is a good middle ground for those 3 creeks. I think they will charge $3 to launch your boat.

Thursday looks nice, and it looks like the lake will have a little bit of new water. Have fun!

Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13538936 04/29/20 01:33 PM
R
rscustomrods Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Mustang has new owners and it is $5 now. Just FYI. Good launch and good middle ground as stated

Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13539057 04/29/20 02:45 PM
S
S Fatherree Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Originally Posted by SlickTrick
Me and the wife will be fishing lake fork Thursday and Friday of this week. Thursday looks like a perfect day with little or no wind but Friday shows 18moh south winds. We plan on putting in Thursday at the 154 ramp and fish around little caney or up towards Glade area. My concern is where should we put in at and where to fish at to stay some what protected from the strong south wind on Friday. Any help or tips would be greatful and appreciated. Thanks

During my experience as a Lake Fork local angler as well as a bass fishing guide since 2008 I have seen many reoccurring fishing patterns there. One of these is that Lake Fork generally fishes quite well with winds from the South, Southwest, or West. You should have a good couple days of fishing as there are currently many ways to catch bass this time of year. During a very calm day in late April I recommend starting off your mornings throwing topwater baits such as a Zara Spook, or a Pop-r style bait in main lake pockets on the southern half the lake. Around areas that have lots of floating shallow water grass I recommend using a hollow belly frog. If the wind conditions continue to remain very calm by 10 a.m. and the topwater bite slows I recommend looking for fish on beds in the same areas. While doing so you may come across some bass that are around shallow aquatic growth and guarding fry. Regardless if the fish is on a bed or seems to be guarding fry I would remember their exact location, quietly pass by them and at least one or two minutes later with your boat now distanced from that fish cast a weightless 4" Senko. If you are targeting a fish that was obviously locked onto a bed I recommend making as many casts as needed in order to make sure your lure lands precisely on the area where you spotted that bedded bed, normally after making a very accurate cast directly onto a largemouths bed within less than a minute that bass should bite your soft plastic.

During your second day of fishing I recommend again starting off early in the morning with topwater baits and at around 10 a.m. begin to use the wind to your advantage. I would either be idling over deeper structures offshore such as submerged road beds, points, or humps on the northern 1/2 of the lake looking for schools of largemouth that have already made their way offshore in large groups which can generally be caught quite well using deep diving crankbaits or Carolina rigs. If you prefer to fish shallow water or cannot locate schools of fish offshore on the northern end of the lake I recommend spending the rest of your day on the southern half of the lake throwing top water baits, shad colored hollow belly swimbait, or spinnerbaits. Use these lures on windy banks and the front half of major creeks or and small pockets just off of the main lake for the best results. I hope this helps, good luck fishing!

Respectfully,

SM Fatherree
www.lakeforkguidelanes.com
Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: SlickTrick] #13539124 04/29/20 03:25 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
launch in williams creek at fishermans cove, fish williams, little mustang, mustang from there.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Lake fork strong south wind fishing [Re: S Fatherree] #13539142 04/29/20 03:34 PM
S
SlickTrick Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Originally Posted by Stephen M Fatherree
Originally Posted by SlickTrick

During my experience as a Lake Fork local angler as well as a bass fishing guide since 2008 I have seen many reoccurring fishing patterns there. One of these is that Lake Fork generally fishes quite well with winds from the South, Southwest, or West. You should have a good couple days of fishing as there are currently many ways to catch bass this time of year. During a very calm day in late April I recommend starting off your mornings throwing topwater baits such as a Zara Spook, or a Pop-r style bait in main lake pockets on the southern half the lake. Around areas that have lots of floating shallow water grass I recommend using a hollow belly frog. If the wind conditions continue to remain very calm by 10 a.m. and the topwater bite slows I recommend looking for fish on beds in the same areas. While doing so you may come across some bass that are around shallow aquatic growth and guarding fry. Regardless if the fish is on a bed or seems to be guarding fry I would remember their exact location, quietly pass by them and at least one or two minutes later with your boat now distanced from that fish cast a weightless 4" Senko. If you are targeting a fish that was obviously locked onto a bed I recommend making as many casts as needed in order to make sure your lure lands precisely on the area where you spotted that bedded bed, normally after making a very accurate cast directly onto a largemouths bed within less than a minute that bass should bite your soft plastic.

During your second day of fishing I recommend again starting off early in the morning with topwater baits and at around 10 a.m. begin to use the wind to your advantage. I would either be idling over deeper structures offshore such as submerged road beds, points, or humps on the northern 1/2 of the lake looking for schools of largemouth that have already made their way offshore in large groups which can generally be caught quite well using deep diving crankbaits or Carolina rigs. If you prefer to fish shallow water or cannot locate schools of fish offshore on the northern end of the lake I recommend spending the rest of your day on the southern half of the lake throwing top water baits, shad colored hollow belly swimbait, or spinnerbaits. Use these lures on windy banks and the front half of major creeks or and small pockets just off of the main lake for the best results. I hope this helps, good luck fishing!

Good deal! Thanks so much for the information and tips cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide