Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
A tale of two lakes #13535646 04/27/20 02:19 AM
fivebites Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Headed out to LBJ this morning and hit the Bluebriar area around 7:30. Thinking we're probably post spawn started out with a spook and a frog around docks and shoreline vegetation. An hour in switched over to a couple of moving baits. Water was a little stained and plenty of snot grass to be had...but no bass. Finally went to a rattletrap and burned it in 3'-5' of water and got two takers both around two a half or so. Been a while since I slung a trap for two hours straight. Went to another part of the lake with deeper docks and started flipping. Got one bite flippin but it was a decent fish around 4 pounds. By the way, the jet fleas and wave boats were out in force today! Phone rings and the Mrs wants to know if they're biting and she should drive over. Uh...no and no! I'll meet you at Travis.

It was around 1:30 then. Met momma at Travis in the upper end around 2:30 and fished until 6. 16 bass. Biggest 2 and a half. All on baby brush hogs fishing submerged bushes in 5' - 15' of water. Typical Lake Travis. Lots of bites. Lots of little guys. But like my daddy always used to say, "well it's better than a sharp stick in the eye". Got to spend half a day with the best lady in the world and help her get her flippin bite on! Beautiful day on both lakes! Have a great week!

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: A tale of two lakes [Re: fivebites] #13536409 04/27/20 06:14 PM
T
Tommar Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
That’s awesome!

US Army and TXARNG 1984-2014
Gulf War 90-91
Iraq 2004-05
A'stan 2009
VFW Post Commander 2013-15
Re: A tale of two lakes [Re: fivebites] #13536604 04/27/20 08:25 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by fivebites
Headed out to LBJ this morning and hit the Bluebriar area around 7:30. Thinking we're probably post spawn started out with a spook and a frog around docks and shoreline vegetation. An hour in switched over to a couple of moving baits. Water was a little stained and plenty of snot grass to be had...but no bass. Finally went to a rattletrap and burned it in 3'-5' of water and got two takers both around two a half or so. Been a while since I slung a trap for two hours straight. Went to another part of the lake with deeper docks and started flipping. Got one bite flippin but it was a decent fish around 4 pounds. By the way, the jet fleas and wave boats were out in force today! Phone rings and the Mrs wants to know if they're biting and she should drive over. Uh...no and no! I'll meet you at Travis.

It was around 1:30 then. Met momma at Travis in the upper end around 2:30 and fished until 6. 16 bass. Biggest 2 and a half. All on baby brush hogs fishing submerged bushes in 5' - 15' of water. Typical Lake Travis. Lots of bites. Lots of little guys. But like my daddy always used to say, "well it's better than a sharp stick in the eye". Got to spend half a day with the best lady in the world and help her get her flippin bite on! Beautiful day on both lakes! Have a great week!

Solid day man. 16 bites is awesome, I'm kinda jealous !

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: A tale of two lakes [Re: 4Weight] #13536607 04/27/20 08:29 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by 4Weight

this ^^^^ 16 bites in 3.5 hours..... I'd take that.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: A tale of two lakes [Re: Frank the Tank] #13536653 04/27/20 08:52 PM
fivebites Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Tommar
That’s awesome!

Thanks Tommar. It ain't Falcon, but then again, what is? I need to get down there ASAP!

16 bass and probably 30 pounds! LOL. Travis has LOTS of fish. I just gotta find out where anything over 4 pounds live that will bite!

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

this ^^^^ 16 bites in 3.5 hours..... I'd take that.

I wasn't unhappy, but it IS a dinkfest out there!

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Re: A tale of two lakes [Re: fivebites] #13536725 04/27/20 10:08 PM
B
Bayou Burner Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Great report thumb

I miss fishing up there

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

John Wayne

ADHAERO VIRTUTI
Re: A tale of two lakes [Re: fivebites] #13536728 04/27/20 10:12 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Super report. Glad you guys had a good trip.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide