Forums59
Topics1,039,183
Posts13,960,493
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 66 of 72 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 71 72
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13535084 04/26/20 02:45 PM
T
Ted Dyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by WAWI
I listened to an interview with the Jewish doctor in New York explaining his methods and results. You see alot of stuff about the guy, people making fun of his appearance etc. He made some valid points. I think the one that really jumped out at me was that they are diagnosing people with this then sending them home to wait it out without doing anything. He referenced giving Tamiflu to flu patients, he said we dont wait to treat heart patients till they have a heart attack. He suggested that waiting till a person shows up at the hospital half dead was not the answer. He spoke of doing things to reduce the viral load preemptively. I'm no doctor, I didnt stay in a holiday inn last night, my point is he makes a compelling case for his treatment methods. I at least like the concept of not waiting for a person to be at deaths door before intervention.

Sounds like National testing/tracing program would be helpful.

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13535085 04/26/20 02:45 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
When this thread was started at 6:45 am on April 15, the coronavirus death toll in the U.S. was at 30,000.
That number has almost doubled and will continue to rise.
By the time the death toll reaches 100,000 this thread will probably be 150 pages long.

argue

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Jpurdue] #13535111 04/26/20 03:16 PM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by pchapin
Originally Posted by MrRoachie
From my friends wife in Jersey responding to a post on FB.

Brandon Craft that when this is over the death rate is probably only around 0.02% because they too feel some are being counted that shouldn't. They want things to re open up here, of course with caution, to stimulate economy. Today one was really opening up how he thinks that the numbers are a political stunt. He even mentioned Fauci being a problem. A lot of the docs I feel are against the left agenda. At least the ones that speak up. They are literally testing 95% of the people that come through this place even without respiratory complaints. They tested my patient that came in for urine infection. Of course it was negative. I feel they are trying to drive up the numbers. I still know of a personal case where 13 were counted as positive, but the numbers actually reported by the facility was 1 positive and 12 negative. It's very serious if you get a bad case, but this is becoming overkill. We closed to build the hospitals infrastructure and that's been accomplished. I'm stuck here until June. There are very few patients. They over reacted and brought in so many nurses that they are sending their own staff home on PTO. Because we are in contract, the hospital has to pay us the full 8 weeks and can't cancel us so they are financially tied to keeping us even though they don't need us. I don't know how NYC is on their staff, but a patients daughter told me they are discharging hundreds a day in NYC. This is still around and serious, but definitely on the down hill.

If it is on Facebook, the chances are zero that it was made up.

“In 2007, Charlie Munger delivered a commencement address at USC. He told a story about the Nobel prize-winning physicist Max Planck. While Planck toured Germany to give lectures on quantum mechanics, his chauffeur memorized the lecture. The chauffeur suggested that he could deliver the lecture just as well.

Planck took him up on the offer.

With Planck looking on, the chauffeur delivered the lecture perfectly fine--until the first question. In a humorous ending to the story, the quick-thinking chauffeur told the questioner, "I'm surprised that in an advanced city like Munich I get such an elementary question. I'm going to ask my chauffeur to reply."

Munger says the story acts a metaphor for the two kinds of knowledge that exist in the world. One is "chauffeur knowledge," or surface know-how. The other is "Planck knowledge," what's held by the people who really know about a given topic.

Knowledgeable people work in the trenches
According to Munger, Planck knowledge is held by those people who "have the aptitude" because they've paid their dues in the field.

In the Covid-19 pandemic, Dr. Anthony Fauci has become a voice of authority. The 79-year-old has worked as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. He has worked under six presidents and has led federal efforts to fight diseases including HIV, SARS, MERS, and Ebola.

Fauci has Planck knowledge. Your friend's friend on Facebook does not.”

Fauci is a pawn for Bill Gates and the CDC.. He may have untold knowledge but money makes people stupid.

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: MrRoachie] #13535119 04/26/20 03:20 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Brandon Craft that when this is over the death rate is probably only around 0.02% because they too feel some are being counted that shouldn't. They want things to re open up here, of course with caution, to stimulate economy. Today one was really opening up how he thinks that the numbers are a political stunt. He even mentioned Fauci being a problem. A lot of the docs I feel are against the left agenda. At least the ones that speak up. They are literally testing 95% of the people that come through this place even without respiratory complaints. They tested my patient that came in for urine infection. Of course it was negative. I feel they are trying to drive up the numbers. I still know of a personal case where 13 were counted as positive, but the numbers actually reported by the facility was 1 positive and 12 negative. It's very serious if you get a bad case, but this is becoming overkill. We closed to build the hospitals infrastructure and that's been accomplished. I'm stuck here until June. There are very few patients. They over reacted and brought in so many nurses that they are sending their own staff home on PTO. Because we are in contract, the hospital has to pay us the full 8 weeks and can't cancel us so they are financially tied to keeping us even though they don't need us. I don't know how NYC is on their staff, but a patients daughter told me they are discharging hundreds a day in NYC. This is still around and serious, but definitely on the down hill.

“In 2007, Charlie Munger delivered a commencement address at USC. He told a story about the Nobel prize-winning physicist Max Planck. While Planck toured Germany to give lectures on quantum mechanics, his chauffeur memorized the lecture. The chauffeur suggested that he could deliver the lecture just as well.

With Planck looking on, the chauffeur delivered the lecture perfectly fine--until the first question. In a humorous ending to the story, the quick-thinking chauffeur told the questioner, "I'm surprised that in an advanced city like Munich I get such an elementary question. I'm going to ask my chauffeur to reply."

Munger says the story acts a metaphor for the two kinds of knowledge that exist in the world. One is "chauffeur knowledge," or surface know-how. The other is "Planck knowledge," what's held by the people who really know about a given topic.

According to Munger, Planck knowledge is held by those people who "have the aptitude" because they've paid their dues in the field.

In the Covid-19 pandemic, Dr. Anthony Fauci has become a voice of authority. The 79-year-old has worked as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. He has worked under six presidents and has led federal efforts to fight diseases including HIV, SARS, MERS, and Ebola.

Fauci is a pawn for Bill Gates and the CDC.. He may have untold knowledge but money makes people stupid.

YEP

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13535120 04/26/20 03:20 PM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13535122 04/26/20 03:24 PM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
And I'm pretty sure my friends wife knows what is going down.

Being in a Jersey hospital for 12 hours a day let's you see what is happening.

She is an RN that was inthe final month of her clinicals to become a NP.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13535135 04/26/20 03:38 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I have an uncle who has a wife that has a friend that worked in one of the Trump properties. She said he was crazier than some of the bedbugs in his hotel. I know it is anecdotal but believable.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Jpurdue] #13535190 04/26/20 04:47 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN

You get that off facebook? Nice story. Sounds facebooky. Fauci has not seen a patient in 20 years.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13535217 04/26/20 05:22 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Fauci has a lot of credibility with those who have critical evaluation skills. A lot more than the dog breeder that has HHS position. Trump would love to fire Fauci, but even he is smart enough to see that would not go well.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13535235 04/26/20 05:46 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
We live in a "what have you done for us lately" reality.

Fauci may need to take up dog breeding because he royaly screwed the pooch.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13536848 04/27/20 11:55 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Frenzy] #13536854 04/28/20 12:03 AM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Frenzy

I'm not clicking on that

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13537954 04/28/20 06:36 PM
S
stroker46 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S

You sound very wealthy!

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13537973 04/28/20 06:50 PM
R
ReelBusy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
popcorn

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: John175☮] #13538017 04/28/20 07:28 PM
B
BJH ( JUST JIGGING) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by John175☮
Just back from College Station picking up some new-to-me Fuel Anza rims with Duratrac tires.

Leaned them up against the truck to get an idea what to expect...Scientific change enabled. Big tires and leather seats. Don't get no better than that.

Did I miss anything?

[Linked Image]

Looks like socks on a Rooster !

I would agree with you , but then we would both be WRONG !!!!!
Page 66 of 72 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 71 72
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide