Forums59
Topics1,039,205
Posts13,960,913
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13524705 04/19/20 02:18 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
No they can’t shut them down. They rely on local law enforcement to enforce it. And Log Cabin PD wants the tournaments. They needed the revenue back, and the park and launch fees! So they won’t shut it down. The only other authority is the Henderson county sheriffs dept, and they are all friends with chief of police of Log Cabin PD, so will not do anything either. It’s all political! So they are choosing to ignore everything and have tournaments on Cedar Creek. Media found this out, now Ignition, so they will all be going to CC now.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13524910 04/19/20 04:02 PM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
This^^^^^ . Money works! thumb

GO FISH!
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: SC-001] #13524956 04/19/20 04:20 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by SC-001
OMG some of those pictures they posted wearing masks while holding fish and teams standing 6 feet apart makes me think they are thumbing fun at this whole situation, the wrong person sees this and squeals is how we get entire lakes shut down like other states have done, or at a minimum all tournament permits get pulled until this is over. Fishing tournaments most definitely fall into the non-essential category. This is a d@mned it you do d@mned if you don't situation, they should not have fished.

Atleast they took precautions by the rules listed. Half the people I see at home depot and Walmart certainly aren't taking precautions bringing in their whole family with kids running around. Nobody is doing anything about that? I think media looked at what they needed to do to hold the event and still take precautions

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13525039 04/19/20 04:47 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Good for those that fished.

This whole thing has taught me something disappointing about myself. This morning was the 2nd time in 3 weeks where I had my alarm set at 4am to make the 2 hour drive to a lake of my choosing, and because there wasn't a tournament or person waiting on the other end for me, I hit snooze, slept in, and won't be going fishing. For shame...for shaaaaame.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: jbcarroll3000] #13525108 04/19/20 05:26 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by jbcarroll3000

This whole thing has taught me something disappointing about myself. This morning was the 2nd time in 3 weeks where I had my alarm set at 4am to make the 2 hour drive to a lake of my choosing, and because there wasn't a tournament or person waiting on the other end for me, I hit snooze, slept in, and won't be going fishing. For shame...for shaaaaame.

It’s hard for me to “fun fish” any more honestly. A couple weeks ago in cedar creek I watched a guy in a bass boat working a bed fish for at least 30 min. And he has already been there fishing in the cove for who knows how long before I pulled in. I was prefishing, but I thought how could someone want to catch a bass sooooo bad to stay in one spot for that long just pitching to same spot over n over n over n over. Just to catch it reel it in and drop it right back in the water. If he even caught it. And then I remembered back when I was young at Fork I’d spend 30 min trying to catch a 4lber. Sad I lost that. frown. But now I’m not spending 2 min unless it’s in a tournament, and I need it!! Lol

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13525123 04/19/20 05:36 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Glad I haven't lost the zest for fun fishing. Hope I never do. That would feel horrible

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: SC-001] #13525257 04/19/20 07:18 PM
F
flippinskeeter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Originally Posted by SC-001
OMG some of those pictures they posted wearing masks while holding fish and teams standing 6 feet apart makes me think they are thumbing fun at this whole situation, the wrong person sees this and squeals is how we get entire lakes shut down like other states have done, or at a minimum all tournament permits get pulled until this is over. Fishing tournaments most definitely fall into the non-essential category. This is a d@mned it you do d@mned if you don't situation, they should not have fished.

If the lakes get shut down because people were making light of the situation, then someone has a serious complex and needs to be removed from any and every leadership position they hold. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by flippinskeeter; 04/19/20 07:20 PM.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13525352 04/19/20 08:39 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
the sky didn't fall? dammit!!!

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: jbcarroll3000] #13525358 04/19/20 08:42 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C

you need that kid of yours to get a little bit older.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: coachallentca] #13525373 04/19/20 09:03 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by coachallentca

you need that kid of yours to get a little bit older.

I bet that would help.

And I do still "fun" fish. Just better to be out with a friend or family member.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13525897 04/20/20 04:28 AM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam

It’s hard for me to “fun fish” any more honestly. A couple weeks ago in cedar creek I watched a guy in a bass boat working a bed fish for at least 30 min. And he has already been there fishing in the cove for who knows how long before I pulled in. I was prefishing, but I thought how could someone want to catch a bass sooooo bad to stay in one spot for that long just pitching to same spot over n over n over n over. Just to catch it reel it in and drop it right back in the water. If he even caught it. And then I remembered back when I was young at Fork I’d spend 30 min trying to catch a 4lber. Sad I lost that. frown. But now I’m not spending 2 min unless it’s in a tournament, and I need it!! Lol

My partner and I fished the Fishers of Men national championship in Florida one year. We saw two fish on a bed behind a boat dock. The biggest looked like it was about five pounds. We tried for a while to catch them but they wouldn't bite so we moved on. The next morning when we got to that small lake there was another tournament boat there. They stayed in that spot all day, and I mean all day. When we got to weigh-in we asked if they caught the fish. They said they caught one of them.

All tournament day for one fish. It was crazy, but there are people who are obsessed with bed fishing.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #13525989 04/20/20 11:26 AM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
the sky didn't fall? dammit!!!

Give it time Ronnie. I saw a chart where the sky might fall if too many people fish tournaments.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13526033 04/20/20 12:07 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
If you wear a cloth mask that does not filter out virus particles.. it will help! I heard it on the internets! Save yourself from the sky falling, mask up!!

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13526134 04/20/20 01:14 PM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam

I think that it sometimes becomes a pizzin contest between you and the fish.... I did it two weeks ago on Cypress. Found a 3lber on a bed that you had to make long pitches to (couldn't get close due to cover), the fish had to be oriented a certain way on the bed to bite and you had to present the bait a certain way to get a reaction - "wasted" 30 minutes to let the fish orient and then make the perfect presentation to get a strike. Wasn't in a tourney so didn't mind wasting the time.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #13526152 04/20/20 01:25 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
If you wear a cloth mask that does not filter out virus particles.. it will help! I heard it on the internets! Save yourself from the sky falling, mask up!!

Speaking from medical professionals is the cloth mask are not to prevent you from getting the virus but to prevent you from giving it to others if you have it and are asymptomatic, only N95 masks prevent you from getting it.

Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide