Print Thread
Favorite pro you rode with #13524532 04/19/20 11:46 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Probably rode with about 20 or so over ten years. My favorite was Aaron Martens. He talks all day about what he is doing. He is solid at just about any technique whether it’s fishing ridiculously far back in the willows, flipping docks, drop shot offshore, whatever. Super nice and genuine guy. He thinks about things that most others don’t consider. Crazy amount of preparation from how the boat is laid out, tackle organzation,etc. That Phoenix will move. I saw right at 80 on the GPS. He does things like only have the amount of gas and oil he needs. Takes tackle just for the lake he is fishing, lithium batteries, crazy amount of thought into weight distribution etc. A day in the boat with him is very enjoyable to me. You know you are watching one of the top 10 in the world but he doesn’t act like it.

I have rode with a bunch of good ones. Aaron Martens (2X), Brent Ehler, David Dudley, Brian Thrift, Tak, Wesley Strader (2X), Mark Rose, Russ Lane, Ike, Gary Klein, Ish, Alton Jones Jr, Rusty Salewske, Edwin Evers, Shin Fukae, Brandon Lester, And several other lesser name that didn’t stay on the tour. Probably also forgot a couple

Second favorite was Rusty Salewske. Just a real nice guy who was fishing the FLW and made it on Conroe when they had the FLW pros too. He had to take a break to concentrate on business and family. I see he is back on the FLW tour again. Hope he does well. He has the skills and ability to do well. Spend a day in the boat with Rusty and you know he is the type of guy you would want to be around.

Only two that I wouldn’t really care for to ride again. They were ok just not that enjoyable to be one the water all day with. They all treated me very respectfully. They know in the TTBC format they must have judges.

Also fish Mille Lacs once in a while with Josh Douglas who fishes the FLW. If you want to fish Mille Lacs Josh is a great guide to go with. He still guides when not on the tour. He lives on the lake and knows every boulder. If you go with Josh you will have a enjoyable day. He only takes out of state clients.

I will be back this year to the Texas Fest for the 10 time or so. Only missed one since they brought it to Conroe then other lakes. It’s at Fork so that’s always good. You know there are solid fish there to be caught.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Favorite pro you rode with [Re: Fishspanker] #13524737 04/19/20 02:32 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Chris Zaldain

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: Favorite pro you rode with [Re: Fishspanker] #13524744 04/19/20 02:39 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Real hard to choose between Tharp, BP or Crochet. I’ve spent a few days actually fishing with a few of the others that I didn’t Marshall/judge for but I’m not counting those . Probably Brandon, he was a blast to spend a few days with as I’ve rode with him 3 different times. One of the years at fork I rode with him the first and second day.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Favorite pro you rode with [Re: Fishspanker] #13524751 04/19/20 02:44 PM
B
bassmanrudy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Charlie Hartley!! The guy just LOVES fishing and is so enthusiastic about Everything that happens while on the water!

Kevin Short- guy can throw a squarebill into and thru anything.

Stetson Blaylock- was several years ago when he was first getting started but you could see the determination and drive to succeed. Happy to see him doing well now!

Scott Suggs- extremely tuned into what's going on and he made me a believer in the chatterbait which has won me some $$$ over the years!

Have ridden with tons of them but those stick out.

Re: Favorite pro you rode with [Re: Fishspanker] #13525041 04/19/20 04:49 PM
K
Kicker16 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Andy Montgomery a couple yrs back here at Conroe. Very cool cat.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide