Forums59
Topics1,038,973
Posts13,956,701
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13519941 04/16/20 01:32 AM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

40 year old male died in nacogdoches county sunday... seems real to me and like it isnt choosy who actually dies from it

This...changes....EVERYTHING!!!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: jbcarroll3000] #13519947 04/16/20 01:36 AM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by jbcarroll3000
guessing those of you who think social distancing isnt needed and your losing rights think your super man and imune

40 year old male died in nacogdoches county sunday... seems real to me and like it isnt choosy who actually dies from it

I am encouraging you to stay away from anyone and everyone. For the safety of all that you may come in contact with, please obey.

Yep, further he stays away from people less likely for him to dumb them down.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: dillydilly24] #13519959 04/16/20 01:43 AM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by dillydilly24
Ehhhhhh..... when you factor in all of the variables on the covid death numbers that are being released, I’d say my math isn’t as flawed as you think. The vast majority of people are basing their “facts” on what they hear from their preferred news outlet. I work in the medical field, my wife is in the biggest Covid ICU unit in DFW and I have several family members also working in local hospitals. Everything I’m saying is based on what I’ve seen with my own eyes. A presumptive positive is good enough for Medicare to pay the hospital where it was diagnosed. The criteria for a presumptive positive is that of the common cold. Medicare pays 13k for a covid diagnosis and 39k if that patient gets put on a vent, you are insane if you think that’s not factoring into these diagnosis numbers. I don’t blame doctors a bit either. If a patient dies from the pneumonia, but also tested positive for the flu, their death certificate will say pneumonia killed them, not the flu. That’s not the case for corona, they’re labeling all of these corona deaths when they can to inflate numbers and scare the public. As far as what people are doing to slow the virus down, have you been outside lately? Outside of work, people are interacting just as they always have.

This is accurate. It's the money as always. Look at what New York just did. They added presumptive cases to the death count. Someone had a fever. They died. Covid.

And it is scaring the HELL out of a ton of folks like nothing in our history.

Then you have all the hindsight smart folks that know what should have been done 4 months ago. Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say and it's just soooooooo easy to sit around and place blame on others. These same folks will be blaming Trump for the economy in a couple of months. Just wait and see.......

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: dillydilly24] #13519964 04/16/20 01:47 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
You know any of his other medical history or are you just throwing him into the category of all of the other corona related deaths? And isn’t choosy!?!?! If there’s 1 thing all of the so called experts agree on it’s that you’re at a significantly higher risk of dying if you’re over 65, have diabetes, high blood pressure, copd, HIV/AIDS, etc.

arent you guys on a computer ? damn your lazy I guess it makes sense since youll watch mlf read mlf news and then come here and say how much you hate it, rather than just not watch or read about it.

here is the first thing that came up

Two weeks after her husband died alone in an intensive care unit in Fort Myers, Fla., Nicole Buchanan is quarantined at the home they shared with their 12-year-old daughter, wrestling not only with grief but also with why and how the coronavirus could steal someone so young and healthy.

“My husband didn’t have diabetes, he didn’t have asthma, he didn’t have high cholesterol. He didn’t have anything,” Buchanan said. “There’s just so much I’ll never know, that I’ll never get the answers to.”

Conrad Buchanan, who died at 39 on March 26 after battling the infection for nearly two weeks, was creative and goofy. A professional DJ, he could entertain huge crowds with his music. But at home, he was fond of singing Bob Marley’s “Three Little Birds” to his daughter, Skye.

“He had an amazing sense of humor. He had a big laugh. He was so magnetic,” his 37-year-old widow said. “He was our universe.”

Conrad Buchanan, who died at 39 on March 26 after battling the coronavirus infection for nearly two weeks, with his wife, Nicole Buchanan, and their 12-year-old daughter, Skye.
Conrad Buchanan, who died at 39 on March 26 after battling the coronavirus infection for nearly two weeks, with his wife, Nicole Buchanan, and their 12-year-old daughter, Skye. (Family photo)
He also was among at least 759 people under age 50 across the United States who have perished amid the deepening pandemic, according to a Washington Post analysis of state data. These deaths underscore the tragic fact that while the novel coronavirus might be most threatening to the old and compromised, no one is immune.

AD

For the very young — people under the age of 20 — death is extremely rare in the current pandemic. But it happens: The Post identified nine such cases.

Sign up for our Coronavirus Updates newsletter to track the outbreak. All stories linked in the newsletter are free to access.

The risk appears to rise with every decade of age. The Post found at least 45 deaths among people in their 20s, at least 190 deaths among people in their 30s, and at least 413 deaths among people in their 40s.

Determining a precise number for each category is difficult because of the divergent ways states present age groups. But The Post found at least 102 other deaths that occurred among people younger than 50.

The true number of deaths among young people is probably even higher. Not all states provide data on coronavirus deaths sorted by age group. Some, like New Jersey and Texas, provided figures after being approached by The Post, while others, like California, did not. As a result, the figures above do not include data from some states, including several with sizable outbreaks.

AD
The percentage of younger deaths, which The Post has defined as people under the age of 50, varies widely among states. It is just 0.8 percent of all deaths in Massachusetts, but 8 percent in Louisiana and 9 percent in Illinois.

By far the largest number of such deaths have come in New York, which has the country’s biggest outbreak. As of Wednesday, six New York residents under the age of 20, 33 people in their 20s, 118 in their 30s and 265 in their 40s had died.

Even more young people are getting cases of serious disease that require hospital care to beat. In Colorado — where the state health department reports age data for both hospitalizations and deaths — 247 people under 50 have been hospitalized. Of these patients, nine have died.

Data on more than 1,400 hospitalizations released Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showed that just over 25 percent of people hospitalized with covid-19 were under age 50. Most of these young people suffered from underlying conditions such as asthma, diabetes and hypertension. But at least seven for whom the CDC had data had no outside health problems, underscoring that a small fraction of severe cases remain hard to explain.

Similarly, in New York, 64 percent of patients between the ages of 30 and 39 who died of the disease suffered from a preexisting condition, usually high blood pressure or diabetes. But that still leaves about a third of cases without such a possible contributing factor.

AD
Shawn Evans, attending emergency physician and director of resuscitation at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, said he and other doctors on the front lines of the epidemic have been “humbled” by how many young people have been hospitalized and ended up in the ICU during the outbreak.

“This is nothing like we had predicted based on the data from these other countries,” Evans, who estimated roughly half the covid-19 patients in his ICU have been under 50, said in an interview.

Evans said the vast majority of young people who contract the disease fare well and recover. But for a minority, it appears to cause a unique change in the blood’s oxygen-carrying hemoglobin cells.

“Young people who are otherwise fit can tolerate this longer, but at the expense of their heart and their pulmonary functions,” said Evans, who likened some of the symptoms in younger people to prolonged carbon monoxide exposure.

AD
He said younger patients he has seen tend to come in later, after battling the disease at home for longer. But for those who take a tragic turn, it often happens quickly.

“When they do deteriorate, they do so much more dramatically,”
he said.

In those cases, Evans said, the lack of oxygen makes the right side of the heart work extra hard, which leads to pulmonary hypertension. “The lungs clamp down. They can’t get blood flow into the lungs.”

What has profoundly struck Evans and his colleagues is the seeming randomness of the type of young people who are unable to fight off the disease.

“A very fit 30-year-old triathlete is just as vulnerable as a chess-playing 45-year-old who gets no exercise,” he said. “We just don’t know who it is that this virus carries the master key to.”

But he does have a message for any young people still under the impression that covid-19 is a disease that seriously threatens only the elderly and infirm.

AD
“Just because they are young doesn’t mean they aren’t vulnerable,” he said. “Nobody knows what immune protection they have at any given moment.”

Jean-Laurent Casanova, an investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and physician at Rockefeller University Hospital, suspects vulnerability to the virus among some young people may be partly encoded in their DNA.

For more than two decades, Casanova has studied “inborn errors of immunity,” or genetic conditions that make people susceptible to certain diseases. These conditions — often caused by a single mutation in a single gene — can hinder the immune system’s response to a particular virus or bacteria, explaining why a subset of seemingly healthy young people get extremely sick.

In 2015, his lab discovered a toddler with a life-threatening case of influenza had a mutation in the gene that codes for a specific type of immune protein that warns cells of an attack. When the researchers genetically engineered mice to have that same mutation, they found the mice were significantly more vulnerable to the virus.

AD
Now, Casanova is collecting genetic material from young people in more than 100 countries who have fallen severely ill with the coronavirus. His hope is that the genomes will reveal “candidate” mutations that might explain susceptibility to the virus.

“Step one is to understand,” Casanova said. But if he can identify a mutation and test it in the lab, “step two is: How can you prevent it, how can you fix it?”

Illnesses caused by inborn errors of immunity are helpful for understanding the behavior of a virus, he said, because they are “clean cases,” uncomplicated by age or underlying conditions. And they can often provide clues in the search for a cure.

For example, Casanova has found people are more susceptible to tuberculosis when they have a pair of mutations that cause low levels of gamma interferon, a protein that fights the genus of bacteria that causes TB. Fortunately, he said, gamma interferon has been available as a drug for more than 30 years, making it a promising potential treatment for the disease.

AD
“That’s a very good example of what you can do once you understand a condition in patients with the genetic disorder,” he said.

Back in Florida, Nicole Buchanan said she hopes her husband’s death hammers home to young people that the coronavirus can kill without exception.

“All I can hope is that it opens up someone else’s eyes,” she said. “I don’t want anyone else to have to go through the pain my daughter and I are in.”

Buchanan said that each passing day gets harder as she settles into the realization that Conrad is not coming home. She still wrestles with her anger that he was initially denied testing for covid-19 because he was young and healthy and had not traveled overseas. She still struggles with the fact she was never able to see him again after dropping him at the emergency room and going to park the car.

AD
Before she knew it, he was being treated and put on a ventilator, and no visitors were allowed given the outbreak. Even grieving is a lonely exercise. Her two brothers and their wives can’t come inside because of social distancing, she said, but they come during the day to her backyard to visit and offer support from a distance.

There has been no memorial gathering for Conrad yet, even as he was cremated this week.

For now, Buchanan keeps replaying the moment when a nurse held the phone to Conrad’s ear not long before he died, so that his wife and daughter could say their goodbyes. Together, they sang him Marley’s “Three Little Birds.”

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: coachallentca] #13519967 04/16/20 01:47 AM
B
beeflover Offline
Angler
Angler
B
JB jumped on me. Wow! Trump lover I suppose. Reactionary for sure.

If ventilators and masks aren't short why did they mandate GM to convert production lines to ventilators and why did Trump try to stop 3M from exporting masks? Why flatten the curve? Why are our wives sewing homemade masks if 3M respirator masks are not short?

Yeah your right there is a lot more distance in DFW than a New York City lifestyle, lucky for you all. I thought it was maybe folks were smarter than the New Yorkers?

Could it be that JB Carroll will be a mean dog in his next life. What's your point JB?

What about thinking how to make a tournament safer?

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: TwoLakes] #13519987 04/16/20 01:56 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by TwoLakes
Ehhhhhh..... when you factor in all of the variables on the covid death numbers that are being released, I’d say my math isn’t as flawed as you think. The vast majority of people are basing their “facts” on what they hear from their preferred news outlet. I work in the medical field, my wife is in the biggest Covid ICU unit in DFW and I have several family members also working in local hospitals. Everything I’m saying is based on what I’ve seen with my own eyes. A presumptive positive is good enough for Medicare to pay the hospital where it was diagnosed. The criteria for a presumptive positive is that of the common cold. Medicare pays 13k for a covid diagnosis and 39k if that patient gets put on a vent, you are insane if you think that’s not factoring into these diagnosis numbers. I don’t blame doctors a bit either. If a patient dies from the pneumonia, but also tested positive for the flu, their death certificate will say pneumonia killed them, not the flu. That’s not the case for corona, they’re labeling all of these corona deaths when they can to inflate numbers and scare the public. As far as what people are doing to slow the virus down, have you been outside lately? Outside of work, people are interacting just as they always have.

This is accurate. It's the money as always. Look at what New York just did. They added presumptive cases to the death count. Someone had a fever. They died. Covid.

Then you have all the hindsight smart folks that know what should have been done 4 months ago. Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say and it's just soooooooo easy to sit around and place blame on others. These same folks will be blaming Trump for the economy in a couple of months. Just wait and see.......

Not sure where this guy is hanging out but I dont see anyone at the church I pass daily where there were huge volleyball games and bar b que friday sat and sunday when I first got here. I dont see any cars at any of the gyms, they are closed. nachoniche has closed the fishing pier and swimming area so there is nobody doing what they were doing before there. people are wearing gloves and masks in public. people are giving wide births and being super polite in the grocery stores. there is no dining in any food places so clearly nobody is doing that. this list can go on and on.

So who knows if anything else he wrote is close to true because the last two lines sure arent close to factual.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519991 04/16/20 01:58 AM
dillydilly24 Offline
Angler
Angler
What about the guy from Nacadoches county? You’re 1 almost 22 million in Florida. Again, playing right into the numbers I laid out earlier.

Life�s a garden, dig it
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13519997 04/16/20 02:05 AM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by TwoLakes

Not sure where this guy is hanging out but I dont see anyone at the church I pass daily where there were huge volleyball games and bar b que friday sat and sunday when I first got here. I dont see any cars at any of the gyms, they are closed. nachoniche has closed the fishing pier and swimming area so there is nobody doing what they were doing before there. people are wearing gloves and masks in public. people are giving wide births and being super polite in the grocery stores. there is no dining in any food places so clearly nobody is doing that. this list can go on and on.

So who knows if anything else he wrote is close to true because the last two lines sure arent close to factual.

There are certainly good points to be made on both sides of this one. We do not and may never know if all the social distancing measures have worked as expected and prevented us from losing 10% (whatever number sounds good) of the population. We do know that the virus is going to be around for a long time, no vaccine for awhile, so how are things going to turn out when we all have to get back to a normal life? How many will end up on unemployment? Lots of things to consider.....

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: beeflover] #13519998 04/16/20 02:05 AM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by beeflover
JB jumped on me. Wow! Trump lover I suppose. Reactionary for sure.

If ventilators and masks aren't short why did they mandate GM to convert production lines to ventilators and why did Trump try to stop 3M from exporting masks? Why flatten the curve? Why are our wives sewing homemade masks if 3M respirator masks are not short?

Yeah your right there is a lot more distance in DFW than a New York City lifestyle, lucky for you all. I thought it was maybe folks were smarter than the New Yorkers?

Could it be that JB Carroll will be a mean dog in his next life. What's your point JB?

What about thinking how to make a tournament safer?

Made plenty of points. Not about Trump. Moving on...take care of yourself Beef.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13519999 04/16/20 02:05 AM
dillydilly24 Offline
Angler
Angler
Youuuuuu obviously haven’t been hanging out in the 903. Instead of bbq’ing at church, we’re doing it in our driveways, at grocery stores, half of the people in there are are wearing a surgical mask at best, shoulder to shoulder. Even the few that are wearing an N95 aren’t invincible, it’s called an N95 for a reason. Boat ramps are full everywhere, piers and marinas as well.

Life�s a garden, dig it
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13520007 04/16/20 02:11 AM
dillydilly24 Offline
Angler
Angler
Any of the numbers I could be lying about are readily available on the internet. They’re gonna put a dent in your argument, but they’re there.

Life�s a garden, dig it
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: dillydilly24] #13520014 04/16/20 02:19 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Youuuuuu obviously haven’t been hanging out in the 903. Instead of bbq’ing at church, we’re doing it in our driveways, at grocery stores, half of the people in there are are wearing a surgical mask at best, shoulder to shoulder. Even the few that are wearing an N95 aren’t invincible, it’s called an N95 for a reason. Boat ramps are full everywhere, piers and marinas as well.

not at any of the lakes Im going to... they must not count in your everywhere

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13520016 04/16/20 02:21 AM
dillydilly24 Offline
Angler
Angler
Revert back to sentence 1 of my statement.........

Life�s a garden, dig it
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13520022 04/16/20 02:25 AM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Dang I was just wondering if it was a good idea Media decided to start back up, and if I should fish. Lol
On an interesting note...I have learned from all this the reason Media is doing it is because Log Cabin PD is allowing it!!! All the other lakes/trails still postponed. But log cabin is loosing money! They still have bills to pay and rely on the traffic during fishing season and all the boat ramp/park fees, and business generated, and the town is suffering! So Gordon gets to make money, and they make money, despite the county ordinance in place. The only other authority would be the Henderson county sheriffs department, and of course they’re friends with the Log cabin chief of police. So nothing done there. So in a round about way, without knowing it some where right. It is political!!! Just in a local level. Log cabin sees tournaments every weekend March-late summer. And then all of a sudden nothing. So there you have it.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13520027 04/16/20 02:28 AM
dillydilly24 Offline
Angler
Angler
Go fish, just make sure you 10 and 2 it the whole way there

Life�s a garden, dig it
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide