Forums59
Topics1,039,228
Posts13,961,234
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519541 04/15/20 08:11 PM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
It start with one small piece of freedom that you are willing to give up... Then the government says well they went along with it lets do see what's else they will not fight for.. If you are not willing to fight for the freedom's you lose today what make's you think you will fight for them tomorrow? It is not just about a fishing tournament it is about our God given rights to be a free people and enjoy life and the rights we have under the constitution and the bill of rights.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519550 04/15/20 08:17 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
I am wondering why when Chad Potts got on here and posted he was postponing the bass champs tournaments, why nobody said that was a horrible decision, and said anything about him giving into the government, or loosing his rights??? Mostly said he made a good decision canceling them.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13519556 04/15/20 08:30 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by CubbyObrien
Ok,

I couldn't help myself dammit! roflmao i tried to refrain from commenting but i just cant now. I have read every page and for the most part it is absolutely amusing! Thumbs up to some of the jokes! had me laughing....

On a serious note, there are some on here that are eluding to being a patriot or such and are absolutely loosing their minds. I may have missed it and it may have been posted on another forum and if so, i apologizebut why arent a few that are upset, posting about all the other freedoms that are being slowly eroded due to this? Are you upset that State Troopers are stopping folks coming into Texas for quarantine checks or your right to assemble being taken away? I mean, think about it! the constitution was pushed aside in a matter of a month and most of us are starting to feel like this is the new normal? really think about that! A MONTH flag it only took a month

I am not going to try and argue that I understand the science behind this and there are far smarter folks out there researching and studying this right now. I will wait and do my own research and come to my own theory but don't you think its a bit hypocritical to get this upset about the Boat ramps closing but not other actual constitutional rights being infringed? There are other open boat ramps out there folks.....Your giving up freedoms in the name of safety everyday and "Boat ramps closing" is what sets you of? just think about that for a minute. Now understand that this thought is coming from a 10 year Army Vet and 20+ year Police Officer. I believe in the rule of law and the constitution and I will stand by that comment even if my belief may be a bit flawed or doesn't fit your point of view. I just find it absurd that all of this energy is being spent on this argument, i would bet my paycheck that a few keyboards have been thrown or mouse pads tossed across the room...

roflmao

Of course it's about more than just a stupid boat ramp. That is just a tiny example. Surely you can see that! It's about our rights as American Citizens. And we haven't even talked about the most scary part of this whole deal...The fact that this sets a precedent that will make it easier to do again and again and again. For reasons unknown and likely with less justification than they have now. If that doesn't scare you then you have your head buried in the sand.

Oh it does scare me sir, and like i said it happened in a Month. Just my observation on only a small sample of this thread.

Go home at the end of your shift, no matter the cost!
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519599 04/15/20 09:16 PM
T
TDR2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
I am wondering why when Chad Potts got on here and posted he was postponing the bass champs tournaments, why nobody said that was a horrible decision, and said anything about him giving into the government, or loosing his rights??? Mostly said he made a good decision canceling them.

I think its because its his right and his freedom that allows him to make that decision. That is the whole point of this conversation.

P1
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519650 04/15/20 09:52 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Ohhhh. I thought it was the stay at home order and no gatherings over 10 that made him decide that. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519676 04/15/20 10:22 PM
shotgunwilly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
Ohhhh. I thought it was the stay at home order and no gatherings over 10 that made him decide that. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Boy, you're really not understanding this.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519702 04/15/20 10:54 PM
dillydilly24 Offline
Angler
Angler
Fun fact of the day......

There were 3800 motor vehicle deaths in the state of Texas last year.

There have been 318 deaths from corona in the state of Texas this year.

You are 12 times more likely to die on your way to the media tournament than you are from corona.

Life�s a garden, dig it
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519717 04/15/20 11:05 PM
T
Tink Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Sorry have to respond to BASSDUDE.
while your on your computer pull up Trump stating its just the flu. I thought on it a while and thought you sir were ignorant but ignorant can be taught but what you Have can't be fixed.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: dillydilly24] #13519724 04/15/20 11:11 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by dillydilly24

You are 12 times more likely to die on your way to the media tournament than you are from corona.

Your math is flawed, if we didnt do what weve done to prevent the spread, who knows how many would have already died, and it has not been a year yet so youve got no numbers for a comparison....

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tink] #13519743 04/15/20 11:23 PM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Tink
Sorry have to respond to BASSDUDE.
while your on your computer pull up Trump stating its just the flu. I thought on it a while and thought you sir were ignorant but ignorant can be taught but what you Have can't be fixed.

Why don’t you google it and show it in context? I’ve seen him say the flu kills 50 to 60 thousand a year. I’ve also seen him shut down travel from China and take a lot of heat from the left for it. So I’m calling you a liar and that’s a strong statement. Why don’t you have the strength of character to prove me wrong?

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13519749 04/15/20 11:26 PM
dillydilly24 Offline
Angler
Angler
Ehhhhhh..... when you factor in all of the variables on the covid death numbers that are being released, I’d say my math isn’t as flawed as you think. The vast majority of people are basing their “facts” on what they hear from their preferred news outlet. I work in the medical field, my wife is in the biggest Covid ICU unit in DFW and I have several family members also working in local hospitals. Everything I’m saying is based on what I’ve seen with my own eyes. A presumptive positive is good enough for Medicare to pay the hospital where it was diagnosed. The criteria for a presumptive positive is that of the common cold. Medicare pays 13k for a covid diagnosis and 39k if that patient gets put on a vent, you are insane if you think that’s not factoring into these diagnosis numbers. I don’t blame doctors a bit either. If a patient dies from the pneumonia, but also tested positive for the flu, their death certificate will say pneumonia killed them, not the flu. That’s not the case for corona, they’re labeling all of these corona deaths when they can to inflate numbers and scare the public. As far as what people are doing to slow the virus down, have you been outside lately? Outside of work, people are interacting just as they always have.

Life�s a garden, dig it
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CubbyObrien] #13519772 04/15/20 11:48 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Ok,

I couldn't help myself dammit! roflmao i tried to refrain from commenting but i just cant now. I have read every page and for the most part it is absolutely amusing! Thumbs up to some of the jokes! had me laughing....

On a serious note, there are some on here that are eluding to being a patriot or such and are absolutely loosing their minds. I may have missed it and it may have been posted on another forum and if so, i apologizebut why arent a few that are upset, posting about all the other freedoms that are being slowly eroded due to this? Are you upset that State Troopers are stopping folks coming into Texas for quarantine checks or your right to assemble being taken away? I mean, think about it! the constitution was pushed aside in a matter of a month and most of us are starting to feel like this is the new normal? really think about that! A MONTH flag it only took a month

I am not going to try and argue that I understand the science behind this and there are far smarter folks out there researching and studying this right now. I will wait and do my own research and come to my own theory but don't you think its a bit hypocritical to get this upset about the Boat ramps closing but not other actual constitutional rights being infringed? There are other open boat ramps out there folks.....Your giving up freedoms in the name of safety everyday and "Boat ramps closing" is what sets you of? just think about that for a minute. Now understand that this thought is coming from a 10 year Army Vet and 20+ year Police Officer. I believe in the rule of law and the constitution and I will stand by that comment even if my belief may be a bit flawed or doesn't fit your point of view. I just find it absurd that all of this energy is being spent on this argument, i would bet my paycheck that a few keyboards have been thrown or mouse pads tossed across the room...

roflmao

I think many of us have made the point, using the right to fish as an example since this is a fishing forum, that we are not comfortable or pleased (actually downright pissed) with the degradation of rights occurring. Detractors keep trying to make it about a single tournament or boat ramp--it's not.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13519787 04/15/20 11:58 PM
B
beeflover Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

Your math is flawed, if we didnt do what weve done to prevent the spread, who knows how many would have already died, and it has not been a year yet so youve got no numbers for a comparison....

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: jbcarroll3000] #13519816 04/16/20 12:16 AM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by jbcarroll3000
Ok,

roflmao

I think many of us have made the point, using the right to fish as an example since this is a fishing forum, that we are not comfortable or pleased (actually downright pissed) with the degradation of rights occurring. Detractors keep trying to make it about a single tournament or boat ramp--it's not.

Exactly

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: beeflover] #13519822 04/16/20 12:21 AM
B
beeflover Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by beeflover
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

Jeff is a fruitcake but this is right on. DFW could be New York if it wasn't for the social distancing. We need to keep some space until more ventilators and masks etc are available for the hospitals. If we had great national leadership this production would have been happening much earlier by at least two months. USA leads the world in deaths and people think our current leaders are great?

Regarding fishing tournament: I don't think out of family partners, pre-tourney meetings or weigh-ins are real safe.

What is a safe format where we can compete? MLF might be a good model, maybe they could ditch the judge, let the anglers weigh the fish for the cameraman to record? Why don't they? I'm sure liability is the issue.

If you don't care about your own safety just consider what your actions might mean to someone else. A few folks on this forum are not doing this, bless the folks that are.

Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide