texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
LibertyLures, Ryan humphrey, Familyguide5, A. Martin, Fidget
113203 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 95,530
hopalong 87,543
Pilothawk 79,884
John175☮ 77,586
JDavis7873 67,398
Bigbob_FTW 65,437
Derek 🐝 64,384
Mark Perry 60,207
Tritonman 58,917
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics782,637
Posts9,875,056
Members113,203
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13518436 04/15/20 04:08 AM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,225
N
Neches Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,225
How many people that have started or replied to this post fish this division or even media ??

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Neches] #13518447 04/15/20 04:29 AM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,967
Mark Jones Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,967
Originally Posted by Neches
How many people that have started or replied to this post fish this division or even media ??


Three tops...

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tink] #13518552 04/15/20 11:36 AM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,134
21xs Elite Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,134
Originally Posted by Tink
Coachallenta Thanks for making my point. I counted five I's in your little response. Yes OUR government is not perfect but still is the best in the world, thanks for people like your dad, I was there in 65 thru 67, so along with your Dad, I also did my duty ( I didn't jump out of a plane). But I didn't do it so the "I" people can go fishing when their Government needs their help to Shelter in Place. You stated that you would pick up the Fight "if needed" , Well Stand Tall and do what "We the People", Not "I" think what's Best for Our Country. Your Father didn't jump out of a Plane so "I" people can go Fishing in a time when our Government "We the People" need you to Shelter in Place. You are Not Arguing with Me, You are Arguing with the Leaders of Our Great Nation that We the People have elected. Unfortunately, we don't have much Leadership now, but that will change.

Y’all throwing out Joe 30330 isn’t leadership, guy doesn’t even know what office he’s running for at times. hmmm

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Mark Jones] #13518576 04/15/20 11:58 AM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 278
U
Used2fish Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
U
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 278
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by Neches
How many people that have started or replied to this post fish this division or even media ??


Three tops...



You think an entire media division posted on this?

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13518584 04/15/20 12:16 PM
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 163
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 163
Some people will miss that sarcasm used2fish lol. Interestingly enough, I think this post helped his business!! As of this morning there are 31 teams pre registered! I guess a lot of people saw this and were eager to get out of the house and fish a tournament. Or exercise their God-given American rights that are being stripped away, or further add to the probability that the lakes will be shut down completely and are adding to the quarantine days being extended and being careless in spreading this disease...depending on which half is reading this thread😂

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Used2fish] #13518650 04/15/20 12:49 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 26,269
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 26,269
Originally Posted by Used2fish
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by Neches
How many people that have started or replied to this post fish this division or even media ??


Three tops...



You think an entire media division posted on this?

roflmao

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13518775 04/15/20 01:38 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,225
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,225
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
A) I didn’t make an argument for government overreach. I even added a footnote explaining that. I explained why his analogy was poor and also that two dudes in a boat isn’t social distancing. I didn’t say I agreed with it, I was just explaining it.

B) I also didn’t make excuses for wakeboarders or golfers. The recommendations allow for people of the same household to be in a boat or golf cart with each other. I’m not pretending all the wakeboarders or golfers are all immediate family living under the same roof, but I know for a fact that the teams in a bass tournament are not all immediate family members living under the same roof. And the wakeboarders will most likely contribute to more lakes being closed down (like Falcon) just like holding tournaments probably will. Government overreach for sure, but knowing it’s a realistic possibility doesn’t mean someone supports it happening, just that it probably will happen. TL;DR - two wrongs don’t make a right for lack of a batter term, and again I’m not advocating for government overreach, or saying it wouldn’t be government overreach if they did say no tournaments.

C) If it weren’t off topic, I’d ask you to lay out your plan to keep people six feet apart in a six foot wide aisle at a grocery store, and to explain what “we just haven’t because there isn’t a need to” means, because the recommendations are that we do need to, it just isn’t feasible, because grocery stores are packed due to not really being able to eat out, rationing certain foods and having people stand in a cattle line outside the store doesn’t work either, for of obvious reasons. But I won’t ask you to do that because it’s not about the topic of bass fishing tournaments,

A) You definitely made excuses for government overreach when you said you can’t go fishing with someone of a separate household and practice social distancing protocol. If the argument for not having tournaments is because you are within 6 feet of your partner in a bass boat, then I would emphatically say that’s my GD right. Also, most folks have commended TTO on their unique tournament, under your argument that should be outlawed as well.

B) They are “recommendations” as you say and the order says to still go hunting and fishing, but to minimize in person contact. Not eliminate, but minimize. Having one person in your boat and not shaking their hand or coughing on them would more than qualify as “minimize” to a reasonable person. And again, we are AMERICANS and at the end of the day we are free to make our own decisions.

C) I believe it’s perfectly relevant to the discussion since it points out blatant hypocrisy. If this virus was as serious as made out to be they would change the way we grocery shop. One way would be to have “family essential packs” of food and everyone would line up in their cars and a grocery store employee with a mask and gloves would bring it to the car. The fact that the folks on this thread are okay with the crowds at Walmart but against fishing tournaments is beyond stupid to me.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Joefishin] #13518790 04/15/20 01:44 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,185
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,185
Originally Posted by Joefishin
I see a common theme in most of these discussions. Losing of rights........ What rights have we lost? What rights are we giving up? Then it gets somehow loosely tied to a fishing tournament? I don't follow, explain to me what rights have we lost?


We need look no further than the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights to start answering your question.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

We can keep going down the list if you would like. Many states violating the 2nd Amendment as well. The violations are near endless. Of course it doesn't specifically list fishing tournaments in the constitution, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to find the many violations to our constitutional rights. Your certainly have the right to ignore it. I choose not to.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13518893 04/15/20 02:25 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,883
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,883
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

We need look no further than the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights to start answering your question.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.


Police in North Carolina disbanded a demonstration calling for government to reopen the state, and I think arrested one of the protesters. When asked what was illegal about the assembly, the answer was...

"Protesting is a non-essential activity."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-face-backlash-for-dispersing-protesters

First Amendment? We don't need no stinkin' First Amendment!

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519362 04/15/20 06:18 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7
T
Tink Offline
Green Horn
Offline
Green Horn
T
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7
Ok Folks, My Last Post on this subject. I stated that Self Government cannot exist without Self Discipline - Study that and find fault with it - If you don't want a Self Government then do whatever me, myself & I want to do. There will Always be people that will defy Anything that doesn't fit in with their frame of mind. This Not about a Fishing Tournament, it's about Refusing & Defying Our Government (The Enemy's) Shelter in Place request. After all, it was the Present Leader that said (It's just like the flu, it will be gone in two weeks). Even those on here who support the Present Leadership are defying His Requests. Because even he, after two months has asked the people to Shelter in Place.....IMAGINE THAT.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tink] #13519409 04/15/20 06:43 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,225
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,225
Originally Posted by Tink
After all, it was the Present Leader that said (It's just like the flu, it will be gone in two weeks).


Fake news. And I won't beat around the bush, you're a liar.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Tink] #13519416 04/15/20 06:46 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,302
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,302
Originally Posted by Tink
Ok Folks, My Last Post on this subject. I stated that Self Government cannot exist without Self Discipline - Study that and find fault with it - If you don't want a Self Government then do whatever me, myself & I want to do. There will Always be people that will defy Anything that doesn't fit in with their frame of mind. This Not about a Fishing Tournament, it's about Refusing & Defying Our Government (The Enemy's) Shelter in Place request. After all, it was the Present Leader that said (It's just like the flu, it will be gone in two weeks). Even those on here who support the Present Leadership are defying His Requests. Because even he, after two months has asked the people to Shelter in Place.....IMAGINE THAT.


here ya go if you just think the president said not to worry. Just listen to those in Ne York.

https://www.facebook.com/rodney.all...STExMTM3MDIxNTg6MTAyMTY2NDQ2NzQwMDUyOTc/


Cowboy Church bass club
Tournament Director
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13519481 04/15/20 07:26 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 657
C
CubbyObrien Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
C
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 657
Ok,

I couldn't help myself dammit! roflmao i tried to refrain from commenting but i just cant now. I have read every page and for the most part it is absolutely amusing! Thumbs up to some of the jokes! had me laughing....

On a serious note, there are some on here that are eluding to being a patriot or such and are absolutely loosing their minds. I may have missed it and it may have been posted on another forum and if so, i apologizebut why arent a few that are upset, posting about all the other freedoms that are being slowly eroded due to this? Are you upset that State Troopers are stopping folks coming into Texas for quarantine checks or your right to assemble being taken away? I mean, think about it! the constitution was pushed aside in a matter of a month and most of us are starting to feel like this is the new normal? really think about that! A MONTH flag it only took a month

I am not going to try and argue that I understand the science behind this and there are far smarter folks out there researching and studying this right now. I will wait and do my own research and come to my own theory but don't you think its a bit hypocritical to get this upset about the Boat ramps closing but not other actual constitutional rights being infringed? There are other open boat ramps out there folks.....Your giving up freedoms in the name of safety everyday and "Boat ramps closing" is what sets you of? just think about that for a minute. Now understand that this thought is coming from a 10 year Army Vet and 20+ year Police Officer. I believe in the rule of law and the constitution and I will stand by that comment even if my belief may be a bit flawed or doesn't fit your point of view. I just find it absurd that all of this energy is being spent on this argument, i would bet my paycheck that a few keyboards have been thrown or mouse pads tossed across the room...


roflmao


Go home at the end of your shift, no mater the cost!
[Linked Image]
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CubbyObrien] #13519513 04/15/20 07:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,063
shotgunwilly Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,063
Originally Posted by CubbyObrien
Ok,

I couldn't help myself dammit! roflmao i tried to refrain from commenting but i just cant now. I have read every page and for the most part it is absolutely amusing! Thumbs up to some of the jokes! had me laughing....

On a serious note, there are some on here that are eluding to being a patriot or such and are absolutely loosing their minds. I may have missed it and it may have been posted on another forum and if so, i apologizebut why arent a few that are upset, posting about all the other freedoms that are being slowly eroded due to this? Are you upset that State Troopers are stopping folks coming into Texas for quarantine checks or your right to assemble being taken away? I mean, think about it! the constitution was pushed aside in a matter of a month and most of us are starting to feel like this is the new normal? really think about that! A MONTH flag it only took a month

I am not going to try and argue that I understand the science behind this and there are far smarter folks out there researching and studying this right now. I will wait and do my own research and come to my own theory but don't you think its a bit hypocritical to get this upset about the Boat ramps closing but not other actual constitutional rights being infringed? There are other open boat ramps out there folks.....Your giving up freedoms in the name of safety everyday and "Boat ramps closing" is what sets you of? just think about that for a minute. Now understand that this thought is coming from a 10 year Army Vet and 20+ year Police Officer. I believe in the rule of law and the constitution and I will stand by that comment even if my belief may be a bit flawed or doesn't fit your point of view. I just find it absurd that all of this energy is being spent on this argument, i would bet my paycheck that a few keyboards have been thrown or mouse pads tossed across the room...


roflmao



I'm not sure why you're assuming that those that are arguing in this thread about citizen and government overreach AREN'T upset about those other things you mentioned. Doesn't really make any sense.

They're just discussing the subjects that have been brought to the conversation.


Last edited by shotgunwilly; 04/15/20 07:53 PM.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CubbyObrien] #13519534 04/15/20 08:03 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,185
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,185
Originally Posted by CubbyObrien
Ok,

I couldn't help myself dammit! roflmao i tried to refrain from commenting but i just cant now. I have read every page and for the most part it is absolutely amusing! Thumbs up to some of the jokes! had me laughing....

On a serious note, there are some on here that are eluding to being a patriot or such and are absolutely loosing their minds. I may have missed it and it may have been posted on another forum and if so, i apologizebut why arent a few that are upset, posting about all the other freedoms that are being slowly eroded due to this? Are you upset that State Troopers are stopping folks coming into Texas for quarantine checks or your right to assemble being taken away? I mean, think about it! the constitution was pushed aside in a matter of a month and most of us are starting to feel like this is the new normal? really think about that! A MONTH flag it only took a month

I am not going to try and argue that I understand the science behind this and there are far smarter folks out there researching and studying this right now. I will wait and do my own research and come to my own theory but don't you think its a bit hypocritical to get this upset about the Boat ramps closing but not other actual constitutional rights being infringed? There are other open boat ramps out there folks.....Your giving up freedoms in the name of safety everyday and "Boat ramps closing" is what sets you of? just think about that for a minute. Now understand that this thought is coming from a 10 year Army Vet and 20+ year Police Officer. I believe in the rule of law and the constitution and I will stand by that comment even if my belief may be a bit flawed or doesn't fit your point of view. I just find it absurd that all of this energy is being spent on this argument, i would bet my paycheck that a few keyboards have been thrown or mouse pads tossed across the room...


roflmao



Of course it's about more than just a stupid boat ramp. That is just a tiny example. Surely you can see that! It's about our rights as American Citizens. And we haven't even talked about the most scary part of this whole deal...The fact that this sets a precedent that will make it easier to do again and again and again. For reasons unknown and likely with less justification than they have now. If that doesn't scare you then you have your head buried in the sand.

Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread


© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3