Forums59
Topics1,039,227
Posts13,961,219
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 71 72
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518860 04/15/20 02:15 PM
K
Kicker16 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Do I think it blown out of proportion, IDK sometimes I think yes sometimes I think no.
We need to get back to work. We are not NY, we don't really do mass transit in Texas.
We all drive to work and not in close contact such as subway, trains or bus.
We don't live in high rises or stack a bunch of people in apartments.
If we don't go back to work and get the oil industry back to whatever the new normal will be for them the Houston and Texas economy is probably
be toast for a long time.
I don't know what we need to do when we go back to work temp test at the doors of each building or something. I will say I think people are much more aware
now and will wash hands, sanitize and just be more cleanly than before.
It's time to go to work I don't want to rely on unemployment or a stimulus check, that only goes so far and doesn't cover what me and my family need now,
this has opened my eyes that I will be trying to downsize some bills going forward and be able to stick more away each month in case we have times like this again.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518863 04/15/20 02:16 PM
B
BassFever Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Why don't you come work at my hospital and then tell me it's all a fairy tale. Just cause YOU may not see it up front and in person. It IS affecting thousands of lives. Every day I go to work I pray that I don't catch it. It's NOT a pretty site seeing people fighting to stay a live.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: barndoor] #13518865 04/15/20 02:17 PM
R
RickS. Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by barndoor
Nope, it was not blown out of proportion. The numbers are low because the government intervened. This was a highly contagious virus that killed 1000’s of people with government intervention.

Aren't you a member of the most corrupt police department in the state of Texas?
Wouldn't expect anything less from you than to be supportive of a police state.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518867 04/15/20 02:18 PM
O
outdoor-addict Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
O
If the point of the "shut down-stay in" was to keep the medical community from being overwhelmed, it was successful. That is what's being forgotten.

The past month should have allowed preparation to open back up most everything, some exceptions and restrictions would still apply. The most vulnerable should continue strict social distancing.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: patriot07] #13518869 04/15/20 02:19 PM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by WAWI
Not at all. A successful stay at home scenario will always make you think you did it for nothing. Many thousands dead who didn't have to because we waited too long, and many thousands saved because of the actions that we took.

No it wasn't going to kill everyone or half of everyone, but why do folks feel like it would have had to kill half the population to be worth shutting down for 6 weeks for? It's SIX WEEKS...and you guys are saying that it would have been worth the thousands of deaths it saved to avoid it. Just hard for me to understand that level of greed. Money is just paper - lives are real.

Money is freedom and choices

So is life...

And I dont recall telling you how to live, dont tell me i cant make money or my money doesnt matter.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: donothin] #13518876 04/15/20 02:21 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by donothin
I probably lost more $ last night due to the late frost than the infamous hamburger flopper has lost due to the shutdown. Been self employed most of my career and so retirement funds are in investments that have taken a beating, so I still have a lot in the hunt Macho Man. Go get in your hopped up Toyota with fuzzy seats and jump some stumps.

You’re confusing two people when you start making fun of the truck parts you think are dumb.

[Linked Image]
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: RickS.] #13518878 04/15/20 02:21 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by RickS.
Originally Posted by barndoor
Nope, it was not blown out of proportion. The numbers are low because the government intervened. This was a highly contagious virus that killed 1000’s of people with government intervention.

Aren't you a member of the most corrupt police department in the state of Texas?
Wouldn't expect anything less from you than to be supportive of a police state.

What agency is the most corrupt department in the state of Texas?

Last edited by barndoor; 04/15/20 02:30 PM.
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518905 04/15/20 02:30 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Rick is a labeler. Its all he had.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518907 04/15/20 02:30 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Not at all. A successful stay at home scenario will always make you think you did it for nothing. Many thousands dead who didn't have to because we waited too long, and many thousands saved because of the actions that we took.

No it wasn't going to kill everyone or half of everyone, but why do folks feel like it would have had to kill half the population to be worth shutting down for 6 weeks for? It's SIX WEEKS...and you guys are saying that it would have been worth the thousands of deaths it saved to avoid it. Just hard for me to understand that level of greed. Money is just paper - lives are real.

Money is freedom and choices

So is life...

And I dont recall telling you how to live, dont tell me i cant make money or my money doesnt matter.

I don't recall telling you how to live either. I do know that over 25,000 Americans have died in the last 6 weeks. I also recall the government passing a bill that sends free money to impacted businesses.

I'm legitimately sorry if your business has been impacted by this. Mine has too - I'm losing my renters before their lease is up because they had family need to move in with them and the house wasn't big enough. They certainly can't afford to pay a termination penalty. That's life - it's 10% what happens and 90% what you make of it. Don't try to make 6 weeks into some type of dire situation for the whole country - it isn't. This is temporary. Most of us are getting more family time, less distractions, and a reminder of what is truly important. The greedy folks will have their world back in like 10 business days. In the words of Aaron Rodgers, "R-E-L-A-X"

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: patriot07] #13518918 04/15/20 02:32 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Not at all. A successful stay at home scenario will always make you think you did it for nothing. Many thousands dead who didn't have to because of China's mis-handling, and many thousands saved because of the actions that we took.

According to several here, our whole way of life is under threat and the Chinese will win the world.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: patriot07] #13518929 04/15/20 02:38 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Just hard for me to understand that level of greed. Money is just paper - lives are real.

No value for human life. They said the elderly and high risk people need to fend for themselves.

Last edited by barndoor; 04/15/20 02:49 PM.
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518933 04/15/20 02:40 PM
D
DarrellSimpson Offline
Angler
Angler
D
If we went with the idea that we should let the healthy and young continue to support the economy and keep those at risk locked away safe how would we " Actually " keep high risk people safe ? Nursing homes for example have continued to get hit with new outbreaks when the care takers have supposedly been taking extra precautions to protect the elderly . I see that as a small example of why that theory might not work . We don't seem to be able protect people that are already in a lock down situation . At the same time I am in the same boat as everyone else being concerned for the economy and investments taking a terrible hit .

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Ghost4BH] #13518938 04/15/20 02:42 PM
elcoyote, esq. Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Yes, we shut down our economy because 50% of our population have become giant flappy Ps. The evidence of being giant flappy Ps is on full display here, as you can see by the number of them who have infected this place.

Lot of truth here

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518939 04/15/20 02:42 PM
Team Skeeterless Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Wawi is right! Overblown to say the least. Loss of lives is unfortunate but people die every day. Destroying a booming economy to protect such a small portion of the population is crazy! Anyone that doesn’t realize this is a giant violation of our rights may as well just move to China and have no real rights!

Nick Larsen
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: RickS.] #13518944 04/15/20 02:44 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
COVID-19 has the leading cause of death in the United States for the last week plus in the face of the greatest lock down in our nation's history. 2,400 dead yesterday alone. In a normal flu season about 100 people die on a bad day from the flu. Honest question here WAWI, how many would have to die in a day before it wouldn't be blown way out of proportion?

I think it's becoming pretty clear the mortality rate isn't as early data indicated. Hopefully that'll help us get reopened sooner rather later.

Kind of like how New York added 3700 new names to their body count. While openly admitting that those 3700 were PRESSUMED cases. Not confirmed, but pressumed.
Numbers inflated to fit an agenda is part of the mind control. Congratulations on being one of the easily manipulated.

The numbers I posted did not include those 3,700. Very foolish of them to count those numbers in my opinion as it is just going to add fuel to the conspiracy fire.

They have been doing that all along. Asymptomatic but die of a heart attack. Put it down as Covid. I'm really surprised they haven't started adding gun shot wounds and car crashes to that list.

That's probably why thy want more tests.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Page 5 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 71 72
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide