Forums59
Topics1,038,949
Posts13,956,253
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! #13517501 04/14/20 05:11 PM
A
Asleep At The Reel Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
New video opening along with some catches of monster Crappie. 7 between 15-16 inches all around 2.5 pounds on Lake Palestine. Stay tuned in the video to see what this guy did as well as what happened to him. DO NOT BE THIS GUY. Additionally music from John Schlitt, the lead singer of the Christian Rock Band PETRA!

Last edited by Asleep At The Reel; 04/14/20 05:19 PM.

https://lonestarwarriorsoutdoors.org/

ASLEEP AT THE REEL (YouTube)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpYfRLf2MT7MkD-jsDrbMkw
Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13517538 04/14/20 05:31 PM
P
Pot licker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Nice video. You know theres crazy people like that one that just flew by you everywhere. I wonder what the rush is at times. Anyway thank you for sharing video those were some nice slabs. thumb

Texas Elite Angler 🎣
https://www.jiglyf.com
Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13517617 04/14/20 06:25 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Asleep At The Reel
New video opening along with some catches of monster Crappie. 7 between 15-16 inches all around 2.5 pounds on Lake Palestine. Stay tuned in the video to see what this guy did as well as what happened to him. DO NOT BE THIS GUY. Additionally music from John Schlitt, the lead singer of the Christian Rock Band PETRA!

It's stupid to drive through a stump field, and the guy may be an idiot in not knowing where he is, but by that video, he appeared to be well clear (of other boats), such that (other than the stumps), I'd take his same route. Unless the distance via video is tricking me, you are going to have to grow up a bit and suck it up. That boat didn't appear to be crowding you. If you and the other boat have an area blocked, a boater's best choice may be to split the difference. Why don't you do this: show it to a game warden and ask if he would cite that boater. I'm betting he'll look at you and ask "for what?"

I believe in and practice courtesy on the water. I even have decades of fishing Everglades canals often no wider than 60 feet, without issues sharing water. But, if you think that boater was discourteous, you're going to be sorely disappointed with a lot of anglers, even those who believe they are being considerate.

Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Flippin-Out] #13517694 04/14/20 06:55 PM
A
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by Asleep At The Reel

It's stupid to drive through a stump field, and the guy may be an idiot in not knowing where he is, but by that video, he appeared to be well clear (of other boats), such that (other than the stumps), I'd take his same route. Unless the distance via video is tricking me, you are going to have to grow up a bit and suck it up. That boat didn't appear to be crowding you. If you and the other boat have an area blocked, a boater's best choice may be to split the difference. Why don't you do this: show it to a game warden and ask if he would cite that boater. I'm betting he'll look at you and ask "for what?"

I believe in and practice courtesy on the water. I even have decades of fishing Everglades canals often no wider than 60 feet, without issues sharing water. But, if you think that boater was discourteous, you're going to be sorely disappointed with a lot of anglers, even those who believe they are being considerate.

I have edited to take out the angry response.
Wow did not think I was going to get scolded on this. 1. yes this video is using wide angle on a gopro so distance is hard to see.
2. You are correct, a Game Warden would not do anything with it because he did not see him and there is no way to really find out who did it, but he was was short of the legal distance between boats.
3. Lastly because of the wide angle you cannot see the boat lane markers that marks the edge of the stump field. The boat in front is fishing next to one of the 4 on that corner and they go all along that to the main lake.

I will say this, if I had a casting rod, I could have hit him with my jig, that is how close he was. You also only see my boat and the one in front. What you do not see is the one behind to the left and you only catch a glimps of the one to the right in the front. All of us were fishing outside the channel markers (not in the boat lane, outside the boat lane in the main lake). Lastly Yes, I have fished all my life, I am 52 now and I see the idiots out there. This was not just me but you even heard the other guy ticked off. Leaving it alone now.

Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13517818 04/14/20 08:09 PM
L
LetgoFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Awesome Video and Thank you for your Service Sir!

DanyaSon
Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13517955 04/14/20 09:34 PM
C
Crappie Cats TV Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Great Video! Thanks for your service.. banana

Crappie Guide Service: www.Crappiecatstv.com
YouTube Channel: Crappie Cats TV
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBts0eVDU28fBv35OMMQAZA?view_as=subscriber
www.crappiecatstv.com

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!
Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
2006 Mako 1801 & Mercury 115
Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13518003 04/14/20 10:05 PM
P
pop r Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
P
thumb Enjoyed your video Chris.

Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13518138 04/14/20 11:55 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Keep the videos coming Sarge. Lookin good.

Some people just don't have a clue. hmmm

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13518153 04/15/20 12:03 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. Also nice fish. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Flippin-Out] #13518385 04/15/20 03:10 AM
P
Phillip84 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Really?

Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: banker-always fishing] #13518463 04/15/20 05:03 AM
A
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Originally Posted by LetgoFishing
Awesome Video and Thank you for your Service Sir!

Originally Posted by Crappie Cats TV
Great Video! Thanks for your service.. banana

Originally Posted by pop r
thumb Enjoyed your video Chris.

Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
Keep the videos coming Sarge. Lookin good.

Some people just don't have a clue. hmmm

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. Also nice fish. thumb

Thank you to all that commented. I also appreciate the comments about thanking me for my service, but please understand that makes me a little uncomfortable. Sure I did it and it was dangerous for the most part, but it was a job that I got paid to do (no much but I didn't starve). I am not saying do not thank me or do not thank others just for me it is something that I am working on feeling more comfortable with. I am a believer that just because you served does not entitle one to get free stuff, like free hunts and free guns and such. I run into that with my non profit and have had to week the real warriors out from the ones that go on every event out there. Sorry, too much information. Thank you to all that liked the video or said thanks for my service. It is appreciated but not necessary. Have a good night all. Going back to bed so I can get up early and FISH!!

Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13518713 04/15/20 01:20 PM
S
Skunked Again Fishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Too close for comfort.

One 10-pounder is better than ten 1-pounders; but 100 1-pounders is ok too!
If this kind of stuff floats your boat, be a subscriber to my youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/SkunkedAgain
Get exclusive information by following SkunkedAgain Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/SkunkedAgain
Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13518985 04/15/20 02:58 PM
F
F4 Gator Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
Chris -- great video. Keep 'em coming! thumb thumb

[Linked Image]

Phormer Phantom Phlyer
Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13519056 04/15/20 03:35 PM
C
cellis Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Neat video and thanks for your service cheers

Re: DON'T BE THIS GUY!!! Also using Livescope to pull in 16 inch crappie! [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13519292 04/15/20 05:29 PM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Great video Chris!
They have been biting pretty good with the warmer weather. These cold fronts are not helping them stay consistent though, LOL

For those who don't know the lake, there a boat lane in between these boats but the guy went on the wrong side of one so obviously doesn't know whats out there by Chris' boat. I don't know how close it was or wasn't, but if I'm approaching two boats like that close to a lane, I try to always take the courteous rout and just shut down and idle. Its common courtesy, which there isn't much of with all these "new boaters" on the water

There are also several "non official" no wake buoys on Palestine, like the one that's in the mouth of Stone Chimney Creek. That was one of the homeowners that placed out there, not UNRA or TPWD.

Thanks for your service sir!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide