Forums59
Topics1,037,861
Posts13,935,741
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 18 of 29 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13517845 04/14/20 08:33 PM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
Duck hunter, are all the team members going to ride to the tournament in separate vehicles or 6 feet away from each other? We can go on forever!!! Lol

You said, “if he can operate and keep people six feet apart...” speaking of a barber. Uhhh, he can’t keep people six feet apart because he would need to stand within arm’s reach of the person getting a haircut, thereby not keeping people six feet apart. That’s what I was pointing out. In a store, you can theoretically space out lines to keep people six people apart (it doesn’t work very well, but in theory it can happen). You cannot cut someone’s hair from six feet away.

And all team members wouldn’t be six feet apart on the way to their spot, unless they’re going to troll there with one guy in the front of the boat and the other in the back of the boat. Otherwise, they’re sitting right next to each other while using the big motor.

That’s the problem people have with this tournament. It isn’t following social distancing protocol, even if they all ride in separate vehicles. Now, if it was limited to teams being of the same household that would fall under social distancing, but that’s not the case and is impossible to enforce.

The difference between grocery shopping and holding a bass tournament or even going to get a haircut is that people absolutely need food. There is no feasible way around it. Allowing people to fish is feasible, as long as they follow protocol. There is no way to have a team tournament and follow protocol. It’s just not feasible.

*Im not making a commentary on whether or not the tournament should take place. I’m trying to stay neutral on that. I’m just explaining how I see it based on your comparison of barbers and riding in a boat with someone else.

Go to any lake and see all the wakeboarders and fisherman sharing a boat. Or go to the golf course and see the two guys sharing a cart. I don’t understand these weak arguments from fisherman where they just turn a blind eye to the world around them to make an argument for government overreach. Also, it is absolutely naive to think that we couldn’t operate grocery stores in a way that would further social distancing. We just haven’t because there isn’t a need to.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517865 04/14/20 08:42 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Well since Media’s allowed to have their tournament, which sandals would be best to fish in Saturday!?

So disappointed in yall for ignoring the mans question! Every tournament fisherman knows how important proper footwear is to dropping a big sack on the scales.

Think about it...….its just after daylight when you roll up to your favorite point and find nobody else there but you. You pick up your Ned Rig and toss it out and before it hits bottom a great big ole bucketmouth grabs it. You set the hook and yell "BIG UN" just before your partner starts to scramble for the net. As the fish gets closer to the boat you get your first glimpse of him and start screaming "GIANT ITS A FREAKIN GIANT" and then start praying to God that he stays pinned as you start to run around the boat in circles following the fish from front to back jumping over consoles, tackleboxes, rods and reels and your Go Pro that's mounted to the windshield and trying desperately to keep him out of the trolling motor and power poles. Once you get him to the surface you scream to your partner "IM GONNA FLIP HIM" just before the fish comes flying out of the water and landing on the deck of the boat after it snaps your 8 pound fluorocarbon leader. You immediately drop the rod and scramble to wrestle that big boy into submission before it can flop back in the lake. Next you remove the hook and scream "WOOOOOOOOOOO" in your best impersonation of Rick Flair as you step in front of the Go Pro for everyone on You Tube to see the lunker you just caught. After a few fist bumps and high fives with your partner you grab the measuring board to make sure its a legal 14" keeper before tossing it in the live well and screaming "4 MORE BABY....JUST NEED 4 MORE LIKE THAT ONE!" You cant do any of that without the proper footwear!!!

The answer to your question is Crocs. No other sandal is responsible for more tournament wins than Crocs! Its true. Look it up.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13517874 04/14/20 08:53 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
That’s the best response of this whole thing!!! Soooo 17 pages later, the tournaments still on, and I should throw a ned rig!

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: JCBfromTHF] #13517875 04/14/20 08:56 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by JCBfromTHF
Well since Media’s allowed to have their tournament, which sandals would be best to fish in Saturday!?

So disappointed in yall for ignoring the mans question! Every tournament fisherman knows how important proper footwear is to dropping a big sack on the scales.

Think about it...….its just after daylight when you roll up to your favorite point and find nobody else there but you. You pick up your Ned Rig and toss it out and before it hits bottom a great big ole bucketmouth grabs it. You set the hook and yell "BIG UN" just before your partner starts to scramble for the net. As the fish gets closer to the boat you get your first glimpse of him and start screaming "GIANT ITS A FREAKIN GIANT" and then start praying to God that he stays pinned as you start to run around the boat in circles following the fish from front to back jumping over consoles, tackleboxes, rods and reels and your Go Pro that's mounted to the windshield and trying desperately to keep him out of the trolling motor and power poles. Once you get him to the surface you scream to your partner "IM GONNA FLIP HIM" just before the fish comes flying out of the water and landing on the deck of the boat after it snaps your 8 pound fluorocarbon leader. You immediately drop the rod and scramble to wrestle that big boy into submission before it can flop back in the lake. Next you remove the hook and scream "WOOOOOOOOOOO" in your best impersonation of Rick Flair as you step in front of the Go Pro for everyone on You Tube to see the lunker you just caught. After a few fist bumps and high fives with your partner you grab the measuring board to make sure its a legal 14" keeper before tossing it in the live well and screaming "4 MORE BABY....JUST NEED 4 MORE LIKE THAT ONE!" You cant do any of that without the proper footwear!!!

The answer to your question is Crocs. No other sandal is responsible for more tournament wins than Crocs! Its true. Look it up.

Why 8 pound line?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13517883 04/14/20 08:59 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Why 8 pound line?

Because a 14"er breaking 10 pound line didn't seem right.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: JCBfromTHF] #13517886 04/14/20 09:01 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Why 8 pound line?

Because a 14"er breaking 10 pound line didn't seem right.

Ah. Good point.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: bassdude10] #13518103 04/14/20 11:32 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by bassdude10
Duck hunter, are all the team members going to ride to the tournament in separate vehicles or 6 feet away from each other? We can go on forever!!! Lol

You said, “if he can operate and keep people six feet apart...” speaking of a barber. Uhhh, he can’t keep people six feet apart because he would need to stand within arm’s reach of the person getting a haircut, thereby not keeping people six feet apart. That’s what I was pointing out. In a store, you can theoretically space out lines to keep people six people apart (it doesn’t work very well, but in theory it can happen). You cannot cut someone’s hair from six feet away.

And all team members wouldn’t be six feet apart on the way to their spot, unless they’re going to troll there with one guy in the front of the boat and the other in the back of the boat. Otherwise, they’re sitting right next to each other while using the big motor.

That’s the problem people have with this tournament. It isn’t following social distancing protocol, even if they all ride in separate vehicles. Now, if it was limited to teams being of the same household that would fall under social distancing, but that’s not the case and is impossible to enforce.

The difference between grocery shopping and holding a bass tournament or even going to get a haircut is that people absolutely need food. There is no feasible way around it. Allowing people to fish is feasible, as long as they follow protocol. There is no way to have a team tournament and follow protocol. It’s just not feasible.

*Im not making a commentary on whether or not the tournament should take place. I’m trying to stay neutral on that. I’m just explaining how I see it based on your comparison of barbers and riding in a boat with someone else.

Go to any lake and see all the wakeboarders and fisherman sharing a boat. Or go to the golf course and see the two guys sharing a cart. I don’t understand these weak arguments from fisherman where they just turn a blind eye to the world around them to make an argument for government overreach. Also, it is absolutely naive to think that we couldn’t operate grocery stores in a way that would further social distancing. We just haven’t because there isn’t a need to.

my wife went back to iowa sunday and visited one grocery store....

they have arrows on aisles so the aisles are one way

they have dots on the floor every 6 feet so you arent supposed to proceed to next dot till the one in front of you is clear

dots every place, lots of dots

she said nobody but her wore gloves and mask (id say in e tex its about 20 percent)

and she said the employees who were getting goods for pick up were going wrong ways in aisles and not caring about dots..... they were all wearing gloves no mask... in e tex here the employee glove and mask is for sure less than 25 percent wearing them

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: bassdude10] #13518118 04/14/20 11:39 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bassdude10

A) I didn’t make an argument for government overreach. I even added a footnote explaining that. I explained why his analogy was poor and also that two dudes in a boat isn’t social distancing. I didn’t say I agreed with it, I was just explaining it.

B) I also didn’t make excuses for wakeboarders or golfers. The recommendations allow for people of the same household to be in a boat or golf cart with each other. I’m not pretending all the wakeboarders or golfers are all immediate family living under the same roof, but I know for a fact that the teams in a bass tournament are not all immediate family members living under the same roof. And the wakeboarders will most likely contribute to more lakes being closed down (like Falcon) just like holding tournaments probably will. Government overreach for sure, but knowing it’s a realistic possibility doesn’t mean someone supports it happening, just that it probably will happen. TL;DR - two wrongs don’t make a right for lack of a batter term, and again I’m not advocating for government overreach, or saying it wouldn’t be government overreach if they did say no tournaments.

C) If it weren’t off topic, I’d ask you to lay out your plan to keep people six feet apart in a six foot wide aisle at a grocery store, and to explain what “we just haven’t because there isn’t a need to” means, because the recommendations are that we do need to, it just isn’t feasible, because grocery stores are packed due to not really being able to eat out, rationing certain foods and having people stand in a cattle line outside the store doesn’t work either, for of obvious reasons. But I won’t ask you to do that because it’s not about the topic of bass fishing tournaments,

[Linked Image]
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13518132 04/14/20 11:49 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
But I won’t ask you to do that because it’s not about the topic of bass fishing tournaments,

HAHA but youll make a post to ask me if I have texas drivers license and vote in tx on this thread...

Golly gee your just like steez... cant make up your mind which way you wanna go on anything, wishy washy as a mo fo, its like your a hormonal imbalanced woman....

I truly hope ya had a fantastic day I know I did on Nachoniche today, visited with some buddies at a safe distance I hadnt seen in a week or two and swapped stories and ideas as well as stuck a bunch of good fish!!

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13518157 04/15/20 12:05 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
But I won’t ask you to do that because it’s not about the topic of bass fishing tournaments,

HAHA but youll make a post to ask me if I have texas drivers license and vote in tx on this thread...

Golly gee your just like steez... cant make up your mind which way you wanna go on anything, wishy washy as a mo fo, its like your a hormonal imbalanced woman....

I truly hope ya had a fantastic day I know I did on Nachoniche today, visited with some buddies at a safe distance I hadnt seen in a week or two and swapped stories and ideas as well as stuck a bunch of good fish!!

I’ve never asked you to post a Texas drivers license, Jeff. I know you’re not from Texas and don’t live here. You have me confused with someone else. I remember reading that, but it wasn’t me. Take care.

[Linked Image]
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13518175 04/15/20 12:15 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

I’ve never asked you to post a Texas drivers license, Jeff. I know you’re not from Texas and don’t live here. You have me confused with someone else. I remember reading that, but it wasn’t me. Take care.

ok I apologize... it was a d name...haha

I think your the one that took jpurdue to niche? if so maybe ive seen you there, so far 4 guys there have bought live scope after Ive had em jump on and check it out...

Last edited by Jeff From Iowa; 04/15/20 12:17 AM.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13518181 04/15/20 12:21 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I think your the one that took jpurdue to niche? if so maybe ive seen you there, so far 4 guys there have bought live scope after Ive had em jump on and check it out...

Never been to that lake, never met JPurdue and don’t have live scope. Thanks for the apology.

[Linked Image]
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13518262 04/15/20 01:17 AM
rj74955 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
This just keeps getting better.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13518269 04/15/20 01:23 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
popcorn2

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13518285 04/15/20 01:34 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D

That was me that asked if you could vote in Texas or pay taxes here?

Because this is an issue of a business governed by the people we elected and also pay taxes to keep them in office.

#MFGA
Page 18 of 29 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide