Forums59
Topics1,038,955
Posts13,956,365
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: jbcarroll3000] #13514588 04/12/20 03:59 PM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted by jbcarroll3000
Originally Posted by buda13
They have arrested pastors for holding church services...

Maybe you should fight against this rather than just falling in line...

AMEN BROTHER!

GO FISH!
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: WAWI] #13514591 04/12/20 03:59 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by fouzman
Originally Posted by speedcrawler
I may be wrong but isn’t the shelter in place order currently through April 30? If it gets extended beyond the tournament date I would assume they would not hold the tournament since it would be in violation but as for right now we don’t know it it would be a violation at whatever time in May they planned it.

It will be extended to May 15th. Then May 30th. You guys have fun with your defiance. I get not letting anyone tell you what to do. Now is not the time for self-righteousness.

I doubt seriously is goes to may 30th

It won’t, that’s some more of him thinking he knows everything like usual.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: jbcarroll3000] #13514593 04/12/20 04:01 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah

It is all of our business! For ourselves, our families and our communities. Anyone who refuses to follow guidelines from the CDC is ignorant and selfish.

This is the mindset that's much more dangerous to our society as we know it than a virus. To so willingly hand over your freedom and to demand the same of others because some government agency told you to, the same agency that made recommendations based on models that rapidly changed from 2.2 million deaths, to 200k, to 100k, to less than 60k. Talk about ignorant and foolish.

I'm out. Can't fix stupid.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514601 04/12/20 04:06 PM
D
Dale Gribble Offline
Angler
Angler
D
If Media can follow the CDC guidelines then what’s the difference between that and heading to Walmart? Just because 30, 40, 50, etc, numbers of teams, the management of those numbers isn’t hard to do. Still less than the number of people going into ANY grocery store, convenience store, Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Calloways, etc. Keep 6’ spacing at weigh-in. Conduct the weigh-in with flights of 10 boats and it’s easy to manage. Life isn’t hard folks.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Sinkey] #13514603 04/12/20 04:08 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Sinkey
It’s not a good idea.
My wife is a nurse for Baylor. This stuff is just now peaking. They have more patients now than they have ever had.
We fish Media Fork and it’s pulling about 75 boats this year. But I don’t see how you can separate us at weigh in.
I know Media is losing money right now, as is a bunch of people. But it’s just not smart at this time.
Plus most counties he’s doing them are in stay at home. And it’s not an essential business.

Sir please don’t bring common sense and real fact into the thread, it will be deflected by tin foil hats. We are all having our rights stripped and now living in Nazi Germany over this completely fake pandemic. No reason we shouldn’t just open everything back up on Monday and everything will be normal. bang

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514605 04/12/20 04:09 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I am for us all being responsible and keeping a low profile and would prefer to see Gordon re think it mostly for the political side of this as it concerns tournaments in general.

But WAWI is spot on, and I’ve said it multiple times. Home Depot, Lowe’s , bass Pro , academy ......all doing zero to avoid nut to butt lines and people elbow to elbow.

If the “authorities” are more focused on churches than the above mentioned bulsh than they can eat a bag o d!cks

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: fouzman] #13514609 04/12/20 04:12 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J

It is all of our business! For ourselves, our families and our communities. Anyone who refuses to follow guidelines from the CDC is ignorant and selfish.

This is the mindset that's much more dangerous to our society as we know it than a virus. To so willingly hand over your freedom and to demand the same of others because some government agency told you to, the same agency that made recommendations based on models that rapidly changed from 2.2 million deaths, to 200k, to 100k, to less than 60k. Talk about ignorant and foolish.

Any time you want to compare educational backgrounds, especially in matters of science, or IQs, I'll be here...

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #13514619 04/12/20 04:15 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by 21xs Elite
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
Honestly at first I was excited. They sent an email saying they were putting distancing plans in place ect. But after I slept on it a night I realized The threat of getting sick is not going to come from the tournament anglers or from being on the lake. We will all be over 6 feet apart from each other in the boat and in the weigh in line. The problem I think we’re doing this while we are still under quarantine orders is it’s making 40, 50, or 60 teams have to go out and interact in the world. I think that may be where Gordon is missing the picture. It’s not the tournament or his event that poses a risk. It’s stopping to get gas on the way there, get ice, maybe somebody hasn’t finished in the last month and a half and needs to go get some fishing line and a couple packages of flukes, Stops to gas up and get breakfast at the little gas station at log cabin and runs into somebody that sick, who knows. Then if they do catch something they won’t know from that day that they have it and then they can bring it back home to their families and so on and so forth. So I don’t know what to think. And yes I agree the obvious answer is if you don’t want to do it stay at home, but how many people are going to do that?? Seems like that’s the problem now and why they keep extending the stay in place.

What’s the difference in all that stuff you wrote and a regular trip to the grocery store after work? Or trip to grab a 12pack at the 7-11?

That's what i was trying to figure out. Everything he wrote. I do everyday

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: fouzman] #13514622 04/12/20 04:16 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

That's clear in your post. I'd keep trying though nobody likes a quiter.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514640 04/12/20 04:25 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Still reading. Again being on the fence at first one post that stuck out was the one talking about believing the governments numbers starting at 2 million and then going to 200,000 and then dropping and dropping and so forth. Well didn’t all those numbers drop because of the measures that they put in place and everybody staying at home?????? Hmmm 🤔 you’re right it doesn’t seem like rock in science here. Seems more like you’re trying to just use the Numbers to feel like someone is trying to strip your liberties instead of keep A bad situation from getting worse. It does suck. And I guess anything can be justified. The email I got from media said this weekend by the way, April 18.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: junk baits] #13514643 04/12/20 04:25 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by junk baits
They have arrested pastors for holding church services...

Maybe you should fight against this rather than just falling in line...

AMEN BROTHER!

How’s all that fighting against the State of Texas working for ya? I don’t mind following the rules, especially if that’s what it takes to protect my family and friends. Im not as selfish as you guys.

I believe the science, I believe the head of cardiology at Baylor, I believe the best damn vascular surgeon in Texas... both of which I have spoken to in length multiple times since this has started. You guys believe what you want, my information about this comes from front line workers not Fox News and CNN.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514647 04/12/20 04:27 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam
Still reading. Again being on the fence at first one post that stuck out was the one talking about believing the governments numbers starting at 2 million and then going to 200,000 and then dropping and dropping and so forth. Well didn’t all those numbers drop because of the measures that they put in place and everybody staying at home?????? Hmmm 🤔 you’re right it doesn’t seem like rock in science here. Seems more like you’re trying to just use the Numbers to feel like someone is trying to strip your liberties instead of keep A bad situation from getting worse. It does suck. And I guess anything can be justified. The email I got from media said this weekend by the way, April 18.

You should make a personal choice for yourself, then depending on that choice mind your own business.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: jbcarroll3000] #13514651 04/12/20 04:30 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Your personal choices right now affect others... that’s what you won’t hear Wawi. Pure selfishness.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: buda13] #13514655 04/12/20 04:33 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Your personal choices right now affect others... that’s what you won’t hear Wawi. Pure selfishness.

I'm pretty aware of the affect as are millions of small businesses people in this country, acutely aware.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514665 04/12/20 04:38 PM
P
pil,b Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
The virus doesn't spread itself,people do and until people keep their butts at home unless it is having to work and buy food it will continue.And a damned fishing tournament isn't that important.Fishing by your self I think is another story.

Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide