Forums59
Topics1,037,853
Posts13,935,640
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: junk baits] #13514533 04/12/20 03:30 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted by junk baits
Originally Posted by buda13
LMAO! A minute after I posted the above I received a text from someone saying they are calling this in to the State of TX Monday morning to report an organized gathering of more than 10 people. Good luck.

Yall guys remember back in grade school there was always that "Kid". Its sad that 25 years later that "Kid" is still a cry baby and cant mind his own business. bang

I'm sorry but disagree junkbait. We've all been asked to stay home by the experts. If YOU just have to go out, practice social distancing and wear a mask if you feel the need.

It is all of our business! For ourselves, our families and our communities. Anyone who refuses to follow guidelines from the CDC is ignorant and selfish. I've been at home for 34 days. Working remotely. And it sucks. I get it. Was supposed to be fishing the Bell Friday and yesterday. Have 6 spankin' new Power Tackle rods we're dying to try out. That day will come, but it isn't now or in the near future.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: buda13] #13514543 04/12/20 03:35 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
LMAO! A minute after I posted the above I received a text from someone saying they are calling this in to the State of TX Monday morning to report an organized gathering of more than 10 people. Good luck.

Report a gathering that may not even happen? The snitch sounds like a real douche canoe.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514551 04/12/20 03:40 PM
D
Dale Gribble Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Does Media get over 10 participants?

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514552 04/12/20 03:40 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
It's crazy to me how prevalent the idea has become, especially among grown men--Texan men, that if I make a decision for myself and my family, it's obviously the right decision for everyone else, and that if they do not behave in the manner that I have chosen for myself, they should be punished.

Get off it. Most of you are grown men. You should be fighting for your right to make your own decisions, live your own lives, and then man up to the consequences of those decisions, positive or negative.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514556 04/12/20 03:44 PM
S
speedcrawler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I may be wrong but isn’t the shelter in place order currently through April 30? If it gets extended beyond the tournament date I would assume they would not hold the tournament since it would be in violation but as for right now we don’t know it it would be a violation at whatever time in May they planned it.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: buda13] #13514559 04/12/20 03:47 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U

If someone I knew did something like that I'd find them and beat them (I'm not joking) for being a Nazi and calling the gestapo. What the hell is the matter with you people?

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: fouzman] #13514563 04/12/20 03:48 PM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted by fouzman

Yall guys remember back in grade school there was always that "Kid". Its sad that 25 years later that "Kid" is still a cry baby and cant mind his own business. bang

I'm sorry but disagree junkbait. We've all been asked to stay home by the experts. If YOU just have to go out, practice social distancing and wear a mask if you feel the need.

It is all of our business! For ourselves, our families and our communities. Anyone who refuses to follow guidelines from the CDC is ignorant and selfish. I've been at home for 34 days. Working remotely. And it sucks. I get it. Was supposed to be fishing the Bell Friday and yesterday. Have 6 spankin' new Power Tackle rods we're dying to try out. That day will come, but it isn't now or in the near future.

Sounds like "YOU" feel the need to give orders to the world. I don't agree with you period end of story. This is like a religious belief on how to handle it and none will agree.

Have a great day.

GO FISH!
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Used2fish] #13514565 04/12/20 03:49 PM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted by Used2fish

If someone I knew did something like that I'd find them and beat them (I'm not joking) for being a Nazi and calling the gestapo. What the hell is the matter with you people?

Great statement! Love it! pollo

GO FISH!
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514566 04/12/20 03:49 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
It’s not a good idea.
My wife is a nurse for Baylor. This stuff is just now peaking. They have more patients now than they have ever had.
We fish Media Fork and it’s pulling about 75 boats this year. But I don’t see how you can separate us at weigh in.
I know Media is losing money right now, as is a bunch of people. But it’s just not smart at this time.
Plus most counties he’s doing them are in stay at home. And it’s not an essential business.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: speedcrawler] #13514569 04/12/20 03:51 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted by speedcrawler
I may be wrong but isn’t the shelter in place order currently through April 30? If it gets extended beyond the tournament date I would assume they would not hold the tournament since it would be in violation but as for right now we don’t know it it would be a violation at whatever time in May they planned it.

It will be extended to May 15th. Then May 30th. You guys have fun with your defiance. I get not letting anyone tell you what to do. Now is not the time for self-righteousness.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: junk baits] #13514574 04/12/20 03:54 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

And remember that stupid kid that always got the whole class in trouble? The idiot that would never follow any rules? Look, I run a weekly tournament and I can’t wait to get it started....

I’m up to 3 texts and 4 PMs from different folks all planning on doing the same thing Monday. Seems a whole bunch of people don’t want to lose all lake access so some guys can have a 30 boat tournament. I’m not the guy sending this in to the State but I am quite thankful for every one that does if it means the lakes stay open and restrictions get lifted faster. They have arrested pastors for holding church services...

TTO figured out a way to keep their guys fishing competitively, but they are doing it without making any money just taking care of their guys need to compete. There are ways to do it, but it doesn’t make the hosting organization much money.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: Used2fish] #13514575 04/12/20 03:55 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Used2fish

Exactly

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13514577 04/12/20 03:55 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

It is all of our business! For ourselves, our families and our communities. Anyone who refuses to follow guidelines from the CDC is ignorant and selfish.

This is the mindset that's much more dangerous to our society as we know it than a virus. To so willingly hand over your freedom and to demand the same of others because some government agency told you to, the same agency that made recommendations based on models that rapidly changed from 2.2 million deaths, to 200k, to 100k, to less than 60k. Talk about ignorant and foolish.

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: fouzman] #13514580 04/12/20 03:56 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by speedcrawler

It will be extended to May 15th. Then May 30th. You guys have fun with your defiance. I get not letting anyone tell you what to do. Now is not the time for self-righteousness.

I doubt seriously is goes to may 30th

Re: Thoughts on Media starting tournaments again next weekend [Re: buda13] #13514586 04/12/20 03:58 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
They have arrested pastors for holding church services...

Maybe you should fight against this rather than just falling in line...

Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide