Forums59
Topics1,039,216
Posts13,961,123
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Debra Hengst] #13510693 04/09/20 08:28 PM
J
JohnButte Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Its a damn shame people had to start dying for the first time in history.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Fishinfellow] #13510744 04/09/20 08:53 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
15,000 people dead from covid-19 so far and y'all on here like "ARE THE RAMPS OPEN?!?" and "MY RIGHTS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY!!!" Maybe just take a second and realize that these are life saving measures, not some government entity overstepping their authority......

Oh man. Here we go again.....AGAIN.

AND AGAIN, how is closing a boat ramp directly preventing the spread of covid19? It isn’t. Very simple. It does absolutely nothing to prevent the spread. It prevents people from launching a boat. That’s what it does. Launching a boat can be deadly. I’m sure. You could slip and hit your head.

My REAL issue with this government outreach of control is this.

They can close something to public access on a whim, and will DRAG THEIR [censored] TO REOPEN. If the government would say “its closed from “this date to this date”, it would be better recieved. But it isn’t posted and it is gonna be a drag [censored] issue to reopen. It’s the complete knee jerk reaction by the local government that drives people nuts.

I don’t need government telling me what to do. I have a job that, if I WANTED to, I could work. I chose to not work. I am not getting paid. I am not on unemployment. I simply know that my job falls under “essential”, but in reality it isn’t. Sports players don’t need custom cars built right this minute. I could stay open, and have been told by Dallas County that my line of work can remain open. I just couldn’t keep a clear conscience and continue to mingle with the public. Going to the lake is my way of coping with this pandemic [censored]. I am responsible. I am not leaving my biological imprint in my tracks. I clean before me and behind me when I need to, like when I need to fuel my truck or boat.

Again. Some folks do not need to have someone force them to comply. We are not livestock.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Fishinfellow] #13510759 04/09/20 09:00 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
15,000 people dead from covid-19 so far and y'all on here like "ARE THE RAMPS OPEN?!?" and "MY RIGHTS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY!!!" Maybe just take a second and realize that these are life saving measures, not some government entity overstepping their authority......

Where is the "The Eye roll " emoji?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: texasAUtiger] #13510811 04/09/20 09:26 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by texasAUtiger

Hell, if we are ALL ABOUT SAVING LIVES, let's get serious and shut down everything: restaurants, grocery stores, construction sites, etc.. If going fishing is causing people to DIE, let's get actually serious.

But of course that's ridiculous. So just because we do SOMETHING doesn't make it correct, effective, or rational.

Nope, he's right. If we don't shut these boat ramps down we are all going to die. Haven't you heard, boat ramps are where the virus hangs out. loco

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Fishinfellow] #13510813 04/09/20 09:27 PM
K
K3913 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Thank you Dr. Doolittle for your opinion... BUT, 8k people die everyday in the USA. The numbers for March are lower than they have been in years, this Covid is killing 1% of the people that get it. Sky’s not falling even close to as much as you think it is.

And once again, I’ll say it. It’s not going away anytime soon.

So we can just throw some stats at it to make it sound a lot less severe than it is? 1% who cares? I would be willing to bet the loved ones of 15,000+ people would care...I'm not saying the sky is falling, I'm simply saying I think it is prudent to shut the parks and ramps down. Thanks for the name calling though.

No, it is not "prudent."
These actions being taken by governments are dangerous and unnecessary. Crooked politicians who want to control peoples' lives depend on people like you to buy into their B.S.
There is no death toll from a disease that gives politicians the right to shred the constitution on a whim.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13510827 04/09/20 09:30 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Oh man. Here we go again.....AGAIN.

AND AGAIN, how is closing a boat ramp directly preventing the spread of covid19?

It must be the concrete the boat ramp is made out of. Everyone is catching it that drives their truck over the concrete.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: JohnButte] #13510847 04/09/20 09:36 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by JohnButte
Its a damn shame people had to start dying for the first time in history.

LMAO

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Ranger1] #13510850 04/09/20 09:37 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Ranger1

Where is the "The Eye roll " emoji?

rolleyes

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Bobby Milam] #13510939 04/09/20 10:22 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
I have to say I am shocked by how many believe in conspiracy theories and how much fishing controls so many peoples lives. They have been implementing stay at home for about 2 weeks and they allowed fishing but that wasnt good enough. Now they are shutting down a few ramps and we are turning communist? Don't you guys have any other life except fishing? My wife is in a high risk category and if closing some things give her a little more security then I am all for it. I would much rather the govt err on the side of caution to protect people from idiots. If they got it wrong then so what it is much better that they err on saving lives than to tell people go do your thing and people end up dying as a result.

I thought the snowflakes were created by college professors but it is looking more and more that maybe they learned it from their parents

If me or my family were high risk I would be shut in like you should be doing. But, my wife is a nurse and I am a fireman and if we are on what some call the "front lines", then I should have my right to go fishing away from others, either by myself or with my wife.

Fishing is a good way to decompress after you are in very high stress situations on a regular basis. I can only speak for me and my wife, but we leave the house do not stop anywhere or have contact wth any other people, we fish and return home.

#MFGA
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Debra Hengst] #13510947 04/09/20 10:27 PM
A
Alan0127 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
A
https://www.texasstandard.org/stori...ns-urged-to-enjoy-nature-closer-to-home/

I been reading this thread since Debra started it. I had planned to fish Choke the next day. Sure don't aim to change anyone's mind, but please check out the above link. I heard it today. While listening I thought of the park staff that typically don't have deal with bass fishermen launching at the ramp, but do have to deal in close contact with almost all of the other park visitors and their families during their day.

Be safe and well, Alan

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Fishinfellow] #13510954 04/09/20 10:31 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

So tell me, how many people have died from getting infected on a lake by themselves?

I will be waiting patiently for your response

#MFGA
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Alan0127] #13510998 04/09/20 10:54 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Alan0127

I been reading this thread since Debra started it. I had planned to fish Choke the next day. Sure don't aim to change anyone's mind, but please check out the above link. I heard it today. While listening I thought of the park staff that typically don't have deal with bass fishermen launching at the ramp, but do have to deal in close contact with almost all of the other park visitors and their families during their day.

Be safe and well, Alan

Damn, you’ve only been lurking for 14 years, what made you finally make your first post?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Minner Bucket] #13511002 04/09/20 10:56 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Originally Posted by Alan0127

Be safe and well, Alan

Damn, you’ve only been lurking for 14 years, what made you finally make your first post?

We may get the answer in 14 more years.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Douglas J] #13511016 04/09/20 11:10 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Douglas J

So tell me, how many people have died from getting infected on a lake by themselves?

I will be waiting patiently for your response

MAYBE it’s just me but I’ve been to the lake twice in the past 2 weeks and it has been crowded as all get out with groups of people gathering on the docks and other spots around the ramp. I’ve also noticed this at other ramps besides the one I’ve launched at. So maybe all the other ramps are empty but based on threads like these, I highly doubt it, social distancing is the name of the game and if closing these ramps can prevent people from contracting Covid-19 and help flatten the curve then I’m all for it.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Debra Hengst] #13511164 04/10/20 12:48 AM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Yes sir... its just you. LOL.

People in general are stupid, take away the boat ramps and they'll all go gather at each others houses or somewhere else. Taking the ramps away punishes those of us doing the right thing, you really think those people are only hanging out together because they are able to go to the lake? The people ignoring social distancing are going to ignore it no matter what is available to them. The problem is NOT the boat ramps!

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide