Forums59
Topics1,038,777
Posts13,952,589
Members144,176
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #13509609 04/09/20 07:33 AM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Why can Japan kick out a 22lb bass and Texas can't even get close

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: Osbornfishing] #13509617 04/09/20 09:27 AM
T
TritonRob Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
The state record is out there. It lives in Caddo Lake near Goat island where no bass boat would dare to go. It is feeding on adult gizzard shad.

^^^^^ This ^^^^ I grew up fishing Caddo lake and I promise you she's in there! If you've never fished Caddo you wouldn't understand...

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: Donald Harper] #13509653 04/09/20 10:56 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Donald Harper
You have left out Amistad. Over the 35 years of fishing this lake I have seen two Bass in the 25 lb class. They are very close to over 100 ft of water and are concentrating heavily on the pound Shad or Bass that she just knocked out. Neither fish would pay any attention to my Spook and I missed being able to snag the pray before she took it and disappeared. I was really shock up both time. These fish were 5 years apart and 2 miles apart. I was top watering these areas when I heard the explosion and was trying to snag the Bass and Shad as they were doing that dying quiver on the surface. I was within 5 yards of both fish as they took the pray. It is harder than you thank to get a hook in a floating Shad or Bass and I truly believe that is the only way you are going to catch a World Record.
Soooo, you were “fishing” like Mike Long? JK, cool story!

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #13509660 04/09/20 11:05 AM
H
Hooked4quack Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
You never know what Ray Roberts could be hiding

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #13509689 04/09/20 11:54 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Of course there is a record somewheres in the state, now the odds of actually getting it to bite...

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #13509706 04/09/20 12:17 PM
C
CCTX Offline
mapquest
mapquest
C
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: Donald Harper] #13509817 04/09/20 01:32 PM
M
metanium Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by Donald Harper
You have left out Amistad. Over the 35 years of fishing this lake I have seen two Bass in the 25 lb class. They are very close to over 100 ft of water and are concentrating heavily on the pound Shad or Bass that she just knocked out. Neither fish would pay any attention to my Spook and I missed being able to snag the pray before she took it and disappeared. I was really shock up both time. These fish were 5 years apart and 2 miles apart. I was top watering these areas when I heard the explosion and was trying to snag the Bass and Shad as they were doing that dying quiver on the surface. I was within 5 yards of both fish as they took the pray. It is harder than you thank to get a hook in a floating Shad or Bass and I truly believe that is the only way you are going to catch a World Record.

This is awesome and gives me hope that the next State Record or even World Record is out there. It reminds me of some of the interviews with Manabu Kurita, who "tied" George Perry's World Record at Lake Biwa, Japan back in 2009. He claims to have seen schools of LMB's, that are well-in-excess of his own 22lb-5oz record. By the way his fish measured 29.4 inches long! It's out there boys! Gotta believe!

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #13509854 04/09/20 01:47 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Yes, I believe there is a new state record bass swimming in a Texas lake right now. Several lakes probably make the list, just a matter of time.

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #13510052 04/09/20 03:15 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
I have serious doubts about an 18+ in our Texas waters. Don't get me wrong. Nothing would make me prouder of Texas than for someone to catch a 20 pound bass in ANY LAKE, public or private in the Lone Star State!

Private land owners have been trying to grow an 18+ since the beginning of time and nobody has done it yet. I truly believe there is a ceiling of about 16 pounds for largemouth bass here in NTX. The weather gets too hot in the summer & too cold in the winter for optimum growth. At one point 20 years ago I would have bet my last dollar there was a 20 pounder living in Fork. Not any more!

We've had this debate many times on here. The reason Cali has grown several 20+ pound bass is pretty simple. The weather is much milder than NTX. The water temp at Lake Casitas never drops below 55 in the winter and never gets above 80 in the summer. The bass there live in air conditioned comfort - they live longer & are less stressed so they get bigger.

Plus they stock rainbow trout from Oct thru March for the locals to catch. Those trout are farm raised and have never seen another fish in their lives except for a mirror image trout so they have no fear of any predators. There is a video floating around of several DD bass under a dock at a Cali marina waiting for the trout truck. The truck shows up & dumps the trout and the feeding begins. It's not even what I would call a frenzy. The stupid trout have no fear of the bass. Some of the trout even after being engulfed & released by a bass won't flee for their lives.

They swim right up to the bass like, "Oh hello, can you give me directions to the trout farm?" They are such easy prey for the bass. They expend virtually no energy to eat those protein-rich trout. That's why they get so big in Cali.

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: Ken A.] #13510062 04/09/20 03:22 PM
H
Hair Jig Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted by Ken A.

They swim right up to the bass like, "Oh hello, can you give me directions to the trout farm?"

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Healed by Grace and trying to stay that way
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: Ken A.] #13510083 04/09/20 03:30 PM
Dean Coleman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I have serious doubts about an 18+ in our Texas waters. Don't get me wrong. Nothing would make me prouder of Texas than for someone to catch a 20 pound bass in ANY LAKE, public or private in the Lone Star State!

Private land owners have been trying to grow an 18+ since the beginning of time and nobody has done it yet. I truly believe there is a ceiling of about 16 pounds for largemouth bass here in NTX. The weather gets too hot in the summer & too cold in the winter for optimum growth. At one point 20 years ago I would have bet my last dollar there was a 20 pounder living in Fork. Not any more!

We've had this debate many times on here. The reason Cali has grown several 20+ pound bass is pretty simple. The weather is much milder than NTX. The water temp at Lake Casitas never drops below 55 in the winter and never gets above 80 in the summer. The bass there live in air conditioned comfort - they live longer & are less stressed so they get bigger.

Plus they stock rainbow trout from Oct thru March for the locals to catch. Those trout are farm raised and have never seen another fish in their lives except for a mirror image trout so they have no fear of any predators. There is a video floating around of several DD bass under a dock at a Cali marina waiting for the trout truck. The truck shows up & dumps the trout and the feeding begins. It's not even what I would call a frenzy. The stupid trout have no fear of the bass. Some of the trout even after being engulfed & released by a bass won't flee for their lives.

They swim right up to the bass like, "Oh hello, can you give me directions to the trout farm?" They are such easy prey for the bass. They expend virtually no energy to eat those protein-rich trout. That's why they get so big in Cali.

Where’s the link to that video...I’d love to see that!

Dean Coleman
Humble Texas

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: Ken A.] #13510093 04/09/20 03:34 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

This is some good info/insight and I agree completely.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #13510106 04/09/20 03:39 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
There's one in Marble Falls Lake ..... I seen it

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: LeonSulak] #13510113 04/09/20 03:43 PM
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
She's out there.

I think at Houston County smile

She's deep on the east side of the lake in those stump fields

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Bringing it back: Do you believe there is a state record bass alive in a TX lake? [Re: TritonRob] #13510163 04/09/20 03:59 PM
O
Osbornfishing Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by TritonRob
Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
The state record is out there. It lives in Caddo Lake near Goat island where no bass boat would dare to go. It is feeding on adult gizzard shad.

^^^^^ This ^^^^ I grew up fishing Caddo lake and I promise you she's in there! If you've never fished Caddo you wouldn't understand...

I electroshocked Caddo to gather data on the lake to get it established as a Ramsar Wetland of International Importance. I believe there is a state record there. There are large parts of the lake that have never seen a boat.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide