texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cmayo, Tightlinespft.com, ecg, DraughtC, robertsonc
115609 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 103,272
hopalong 97,720
Pilothawk 80,996
John175☮ 79,459
Bigbob_FTW 74,804
JDavis7873 67,408
Derek 🐝 66,795
Mark Perry 63,188
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,152,616
Posts15,760,440
Members140,609
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? #13507206 04/07/20 07:59 PM
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,017
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,017
I guess this is an android phone thing where you share to the public where you are? Could government officials be following pin dropping trends on social media and this is one of the reasons they closed the Texas state parks and some boat ramps? Maybe people need to quit sharing where they're fishing on social media?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13507222 04/07/20 08:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 398
P
photofishin Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
P
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 398
you're using too much logic...unless they wanted to track YOU personally, they don't have time for all that nonsense. Easter is coming this weekend and considering the number of folks who've been cooped up and the fact that TPWD officials have to be at the parks putting themselves at risk, it likely has to do with exactly what they said in their announcement.

Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13507246 04/07/20 08:20 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 63,191
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 63,191
Just follow social distancing guidelines as best you possibly can and go fishing. Don't overthink it. Right now one governor or county official sees one do it so they all think they gotta do something, anything, just to make it seem like they are doing something. There sure is some follow the leader stuff going on that really I doubt can be reasonably explained.

Apparently people outside in the wide open, fishing or boating stand a much higher chance of being exposed then they do cramped up in a Wal Mart buying window blinds, a Home Depot buying mulch, in a smoke/vape shop, in a liquor store or in an ice cream or coffee shop. Kinda hard to scientificially explain that logic but hey here we are trying to make sense of it.

Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Mark Perry] #13507248 04/07/20 08:23 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 12,820
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 12,820
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Just follow social distancing guidelines as best you possibly can and go fishing. Don't overthink it. Right now one governor or county official sees one do it so they all think they gotta do something, anything, just to make it seem like they are doing something. There sure is some follow the leader stuff going on that really I doubt can be reasonably explained.

Apparently people outside in the wide open, fishing or boating stand a much higher chance of being exposed then they do cramped up in a Wal Mart buying window blinds, a Home Depot buying mulch, in a smoke/vape shop, in a liquor store or in an ice cream or coffee shop. Kinda hard to scientificially explain that logic but hey here we are trying to make sense of it.

Amen...and happy birthday!!!!


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Mark Perry] #13507256 04/07/20 08:30 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 521
P
PhishWhisperer Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
P
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 521
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Just follow social distancing guidelines as best you possibly can and go fishing. Don't overthink it. Right now one governor or county official sees one do it so they all think they gotta do something, anything, just to make it seem like they are doing something. There sure is some follow the leader stuff going on that really I doubt can be reasonably explained.

Apparently people outside in the wide open, fishing or boating stand a much higher chance of being exposed then they do cramped up in a Wal Mart buying window blinds, a Home Depot buying mulch, in a smoke/vape shop, in a liquor store or in an ice cream or coffee shop. Kinda hard to scientificially explain that logic but hey here we are trying to make sense of it.



I've really never seen this site make much sense of anything!!! Just personal opinion!

Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: PhishWhisperer] #13507281 04/07/20 08:48 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,763
RCarter Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,763
Originally Posted by PhishWhisperer
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Just follow social distancing guidelines as best you possibly can and go fishing. Don't overthink it. Right now one governor or county official sees one do it so they all think they gotta do something, anything, just to make it seem like they are doing something. There sure is some follow the leader stuff going on that really I doubt can be reasonably explained.

Apparently people outside in the wide open, fishing or boating stand a much higher chance of being exposed then they do cramped up in a Wal Mart buying window blinds, a Home Depot buying mulch, in a smoke/vape shop, in a liquor store or in an ice cream or coffee shop. Kinda hard to scientificially explain that logic but hey here we are trying to make sense of it.



I've really never seen this site make much sense of anything!!! Just personal opinion!


X2


WORK HARD.....FISH HARDER!
Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: photofishin] #13507304 04/07/20 09:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 345
C
Chuck72 Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
C
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 345
Originally Posted by photofishin
you're using too much logic...unless they wanted to track YOU personally, they don't have time for all that nonsense. Easter is coming this weekend and considering the number of folks who've been cooped up and the fact that TPWD officials have to be at the parks putting themselves at risk, it likely has to do with exactly what they said in their announcement.


Yes they don't have time for any trending on Social Media or Cell Phone Data.

Cell Phone Data Study Claims San Angelo Stinks at Social Distancing

If little ole' San Angelo is getting this data I can't imagine the bigger cities aren't.


-----------�----------------------------------------
Just Purchased: 2017 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Yamaha SHO
About to sell: 2005 Charger 496TF 300 Yamaha HPDI.
Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13507333 04/07/20 09:25 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,058
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,058
I hope you're either drunk or joking

Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13507354 04/07/20 09:37 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,895
B
bradnitro175 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,895
If you got the GPS turned on your phone yes lots of tracking going on dunno about what the OP is saying tho.i turn mine off saves battery


Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
I hope it’s as big as you say it is Hop. Don’t wanna be disappointed

Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13507360 04/07/20 09:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,570
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,570
If you will flare the edges of your tinfoil hat, it blocks the signal...…..

Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13507374 04/07/20 09:52 PM
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,410
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
D
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,410
Dropped pin
Near Granbury, TX 76048
https://maps.app.goo.gl/BMFFE1YvxiQaqJBk9


Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS
2006 Chevy 2500HD Silverado/6.6 Duramax LBZ


Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Txduckhunter] #13507386 04/07/20 10:01 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 63,191
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 63,191
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
If you will flare the edges of your tinfoil hat, it blocks the signal...…..



I am making a flat bill tinfoil hat.......the water will be my stadium!

Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13507565 04/08/20 12:25 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,793
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,793
We've all been duped to putting a tracking device in our pockets, give the silly monkeys widgets to distract and occupy their time and most will be none the wiser wink

Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13507585 04/08/20 12:42 AM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,373
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
F
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,373
Heck Steve Wonder could see it comming........
It's not about a couple of people getting in a boat for day of fishing. Its about all the idiots bunching up on the wake boats, deck boats and party barges. No school - just another day for spring break.

Re: Dropping pins getting ramps shut down? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13507670 04/08/20 01:33 AM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,783
P
pil,b Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,783
thumb

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3