Print Thread
Lake Arlington #13506306 04/07/20 11:52 AM
B
Bentman63 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
I went to Lake Arlington after work yesterday.I got there around 4 pm. Bowman Springs was busy with bank fisherman , people walking and boats.
I had all 5 pvc trees in the boat. It was tough to even get to my seat.
Some dude wanted to go bass fishing. He said his wife(wifey) left him 2 days ago and cleaned out his bank account and took his service dog too.
I didn't have any bass poles with me and wasn't going to fish at all. But , I am a sucker and felt bad for him.
I told him I had to go drop the trees and I would be right back.
I take off across the lake and I see trees in the water. I had never seen those there before. Granted I did use a ramp I never used, but still.
Then it dawned on me the lake was up a lot and those trees were always on the bank.
It was a little choppy and I couldn't really tell where I was because the water was so high. (It hasn't rained that much)
I found a place in 20 feet and dropped them. I figure when it is back to normal they will still be in 15 feet or so.
I GPS'd them
I head back to the ramp to pick up "Bill Dance"
He hands me a bait cast . I always bird nest those. But he had it set where it wouldn't bird nest. (he tried to give me the pole and reel ,but I wouldn't take it)
I gave him a few hours to fish and moan about his wife.
He caught one small bass and I didn't catch anything.

Also, I think next time I make a fish habitat I will just cut down a few good size limbs and weight them down and drop them.

Last edited by Bentman63; 04/07/20 11:53 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lake Arlington [Re: Bentman63] #13506706 04/07/20 03:07 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Bentman63
I went to Lake Arlington after work yesterday.I got there around 4 pm. Bowman Springs was busy with bank fisherman , people walking and boats.
I had all 5 pvc trees in the boat. It was tough to even get to my seat.
Some dude wanted to go bass fishing. He said his wife(wifey) left him 2 days ago and cleaned out his bank account and took his service dog too.
I didn't have any bass poles with me and wasn't going to fish at all. But , I am a sucker and felt bad for him.
I told him I had to go drop the trees and I would be right back.
I take off across the lake and I see trees in the water. I had never seen those there before. Granted I did use a ramp I never used, but still.
Then it dawned on me the lake was up a lot and those trees were always on the bank.
It was a little choppy and I couldn't really tell where I was because the water was so high. (It hasn't rained that much)
I found a place in 20 feet and dropped them. I figure when it is back to normal they will still be in 15 feet or so.
I GPS'd them
I head back to the ramp to pick up "Bill Dance"
He hands me a bait cast . I always bird nest those. But he had it set where it wouldn't bird nest. (he tried to give me the pole and reel ,but I wouldn't take it)
I gave him a few hours to fish and moan about his wife.
He caught one small bass and I didn't catch anything.

Also, I think next time I make a fish habitat I will just cut down a few good size limbs and weight them down and drop them.

prop`s to you Bently thumb

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Lake Arlington [Re: Bentman63] #13507015 04/07/20 05:53 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Z
Lake Arlington is controlled by Tarrant regional water district. The lake level is not controled by how much rain we get. They pump water up from Palestine and store it in Arlington until they move it upstream to the next lake. It goes all the way up to Bridgeport and will eventually connect to the new reservoir they are building. That is why you see such a flux at times in the lake level.

Re: Lake Arlington [Re: Zipster] #13507320 04/07/20 09:14 PM
B
Bentman63 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Zipster
Lake Arlington is controlled by Tarrant regional water district. The lake level is not controled by how much rain we get. They pump water up from Palestine and store it in Arlington until they move it upstream to the next lake. It goes all the way up to Bridgeport and will eventually connect to the new reservoir they are building. That is why you see such a flux at times in the lake level.

WOW I did not know that. thx

[Linked Image]
Re: Lake Arlington [Re: Bentman63] #13507539 04/08/20 12:03 AM
B
Bassman_78 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
As long as your 20 ft was off a point, good drop, channel/ledge, or channel intersection...that's all you can do. When you know fish hold or spawn in a given area, it's easier to pick drop spots nearby.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide