Print Thread
Ramps open on Lewisville???? #13498069 04/02/20 02:07 AM
H
HighschoolAngler Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
H
Does anyone know of any ramps open on Lewisville was planning on going out tomorrow

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: HighschoolAngler] #13498226 04/02/20 09:57 AM
danceswithbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Little Elm ramp is open. About 6 inches of visibility up in that creek arm, and bed fish were tight to the bank, but it was a lot of blowing them out vs catching them. I suggest trying to brave the wind and going south and finding some cleaner water.

Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: HighschoolAngler] #13498227 04/02/20 10:01 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Don't waste your time in the next day or so. Lew is releasing 5200cfs. You can almost watch the level dropping right before your eyes. I whacked 'em on Sun. Yesterday was a whole nutha story.... realmad

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: HighschoolAngler] #13499494 04/03/20 12:54 AM
T
Thad Rains Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Here is something I found the other day to check on this subject.

https://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lake/lakefacilities.htm

Hope this is not a repost, but when I looked, I didn't find anything about all lakes with closures. Hope this helps.

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

Last edited by Thad Rains; 04/03/20 12:58 AM.

Thad Rains
Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: HighschoolAngler] #13505628 04/06/20 09:16 PM
T
tejasbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Anyone know if Arrowhead is still open?

Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: tejasbass] #13505828 04/06/20 11:27 PM
T
TritonRob Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by tejasbass
Anyone know if Arrowhead is still open?

Arrowhead is closed.....

Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: HighschoolAngler] #13506086 04/07/20 02:44 AM
Joel McBride Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
With this virus going around it seems alot of the boat ramps are closed. Little Elm is still open. So it seems they wanna be smart about this and funnel everybody that want's to be on the water to Little Elm boat ramp so people are closer together at the same ramp. While we are at it let's close the 2nd entrance and exit to Walmart so that everyone is funneled through 1 entrance and exit? If anyone thinks funneling boats to 1 ramp and 1 entrance and exit to Walmart so you can keep people 6 feet apart is beyond me. Stupidity to the upmost degree.

It's almost like let's close everything down and make people go through 1 line so we can make sure we keep folks 6 feet apart? If all the boat ramps are open with the exception of the ones that truly need to be closed because of high water, and if all the Walmart entrances and exits are open wouldn't you think it would be be safer?

If you believe the amount of folks going into Walmart are limited I would totally disagree. I went there today and the parking lot was very full. So many people going in and out through the same area.

Close the golf courses too. I haven't golfed in several weeks but when Denton County closes all the golf courses both public and private what happens to the other courses that aren't closed? You guessed it. They are packed with more people than normal. All the courses I know and I haven't played in a long time have no rakes in the bunkers and the holes are very shallow or even have sponges for the hole so people won't make contact with the metal and yet they are closing.

Little Elm is still open.by the way.

Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: Joel McBride] #13506152 04/07/20 03:48 AM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by Joel McBride
With this virus going around it seems alot of the boat ramps are closed. Little Elm is still open. So it seems they wanna be smart about this and funnel everybody that want's to be on the water to Little Elm boat ramp so people are closer together at the same ramp. While we are at it let's close the 2nd entrance and exit to Walmart so that everyone is funneled through 1 entrance and exit? If anyone thinks funneling boats to 1 ramp and 1 entrance and exit to Walmart so you can keep people 6 feet apart is beyond me. Stupidity to the upmost degree.

It's almost like let's close everything down and make people go through 1 line so we can make sure we keep folks 6 feet apart? If all the boat ramps are open with the exception of the ones that truly need to be closed because of high water, and if all the Walmart entrances and exits are open wouldn't you think it would be be safer?

If you believe the amount of folks going into Walmart are limited I would totally disagree. I went there today and the parking lot was very full. So many people going in and out through the same area.

Close the golf courses too. I haven't golfed in several weeks but when Denton County closes all the golf courses both public and private what happens to the other courses that aren't closed? You guessed it. They are packed with more people than normal. All the courses I know and I haven't played in a long time have no rakes in the bunkers and the holes are very shallow or even have sponges for the hole so people won't make contact with the metal and yet they are closing.

I thought the ramps are closed due to high water??

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: Joel McBride] #13506558 04/07/20 02:08 PM
DBGSIG Offline
Angler
Angler

Highwater has closed the ramps, not Covid 19. The parks maybe closed due to the virus.

Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: HighschoolAngler] #13506670 04/07/20 02:54 PM
B
Bassdeer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Pier 121 is open but you have to be a member.

Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: DBGSIG] #13506926 04/07/20 04:59 PM
Joel McBride Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by DBGSIG

Highwater has closed the ramps, not Covid 19. The parks maybe closed due to the virus.

I was personally told that it was corona virus and high water when I called hickory creek about their ramps. Arrowhead is easily accessible with this water level

Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: Joel McBride] #13506938 04/07/20 05:07 PM
DBGSIG Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by DBGSIG

I was personally told that it was corona virus and high water when I called hickory creek about their ramps. Arrowhead is easily accessible with this water level

The Arrowhead high water ramp was closed due to idiots having a gathering (party) at the park. A few people screw it all up for those being responsible.

Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: HighschoolAngler] #13507075 04/07/20 06:32 PM
T
Thad Rains Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
The link I put above is still accurate, if you want to check a ramp, just click on the link and check out Lake Lewisville. Hopefully, this helps. It is done at 5:00 AM every business day.

Last edited by Thad Rains; 04/07/20 06:33 PM.

Thad Rains
Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: HighschoolAngler] #13507104 04/07/20 07:01 PM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
Drove around Sunday. Lew looked dead. Couldn’t find any open ramps. Hoping to get out there Friday just to burn some old gas.

Last edited by lakeforkfisherman; 04/07/20 07:01 PM.

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Ramps open on Lewisville???? [Re: HighschoolAngler] #13507526 04/07/20 11:55 PM
F
Flip-n-go Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
LL has dropped appx 2.75' in 7 days, so ramps should be open in a couple weeks barring more floods, dumping RR, & the flood gates remaining open. Should. Hopefully.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide