Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: Fishing on a string] #13504258 04/06/20 02:04 AM
P
Polly Gosh Lizard Offline
Angler
Angler
P

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Bobby

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: Fishing on a string] #13504388 04/06/20 05:21 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Some of y’all really got to get outside more. For real.

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: jiggmann] #13504653 04/06/20 01:43 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by jiggmann
You sir are a [censored] idiot this is not about the government trying to take our guns or what ever the hell other freedoms that you are going to bring up this will be temporary if we do our part and stay away from each other for a while! [censored] you and your sheep your probably one of the dumb [censored] that went out and bought all the toilet paper

You answer with swearing and a rant....classy.

No one wants sick people, no on wants anyone to die. But, there is this piece of paper called the Constitution that was written by a few guys a few years ago. It says that most everything the govt has done is illegal.

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: Fishing on a string] #13504663 04/06/20 01:50 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
most of the stuff the govt has done so far has tried to help folks that are not smart enough to help themselves.

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: Fishing on a string] #13504671 04/06/20 01:52 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I'm glad to see we have so many Constitutional scholars in here

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: ssmith] #13504750 04/06/20 02:14 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by ssmith
most of the stuff the govt has done so far has tried to help folks that are not smart enough to help themselves.

Again, that is not the point. No one, including government, gets to decide that freedoms should be taken away because doing so seems like a good idea at the time. It's the same notion as DWI checkpoints. Might catching more drunk drivers save lives? Maybe, but there's this thing called the Fourth Amendment that says the police need to have probable cause to search or seize you or your property. They don't have probable cause to stop every vehicle to see if they can find some law breakers.

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: Fishing on a string] #13505160 04/06/20 05:35 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
https://www.scribd.com/document/452...mergencies-A-Texas-Bench-Book#from_embed

If you care to educate yourself of the Texas Supreme Court's take on current state and federal law regarding the issue.

Through the police powers reserved to them by the 10th Amendment of the Constitution,states have the authority to protect the health, safety, morals, and general welfare of the people. The power to implement public health control measures, including quarantine and isolation, is a well-established exercise of state police power.

DSHS has the authority, with reasonable cause to believe an individual has been exposed to or infected by a communicable disease, to order the person to submit to control measures. The order must be written and delivered in person or via registered or certified mail and remains in effect until the individual is no longer infected or until expiration of the longest usual incubation period for the suspected disease

The DSHS Commissioner may establish an area quarantine if there is a communicable disease outbreak in the state. There must be reasonable cause to believe the individuals or property involved have been infected or contaminated. If needed to cover the impacted area, DSHS may enter into cooperative agreements with neighboring states to share information and coordinate control measures. DSHS must publish notice of the area quarantine in a newspaper of general circulation each week and may use all other reasonable means to inform persons in the area of the quarantine and needed actions. DSHS may also, during a Public Health Disaster, request the disclosure of an individual’s immunization records and take appropriate actions if the person is not adequately immunized. A peace officer, including a sheriff or constable, may use reasonable force to secure a quarantine area and prevent an individual from entering or leaving the quarantine area

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: Fishing on a string] #13505211 04/06/20 05:57 PM
S
SeanV14 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Originally Posted by Polly Gosh Lizard
Sure are a lot of "sheep" dying ! Lots easier to not take chances. I saw a Sabine County Sheriffs order to close the bridge Sunday morning to Louisiana cars coming over.

Really?

How does it differ from other years? Where are the piles of bodies that this is causing, above and beyond the normal baseline for mortality? What are the odds of getting the disease? What are the odds of recovering vs dying? What about iatrogenic deaths?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/06/an_advantaged_disease_indeed_142867.html

Seemed to touch a nerve there for a few folks. Hopefully it got some of you to think about this a little. Probably not.

A little cut and paste for you: https://www.morozkoforge.com/post/the-curve-is-already-flat
We have been too busy shaming our neighbors for getting fresh air and hoarding toilet paper to consider that we are being driven by fear, not fact and that it has shut down our ability to recognize inconsistencies and look for answers. Instead, we call anyone who questions the “sky is falling” narrative selfish, stupid, and irresponsible because aligning with the prevailing moral outrage renders us impervious to criticism.

As I have said elsewhere, There exists information above and beyond click-bait that exists solely for creating traffic. Look around if you want to get into the history of this sort of thing and the quality of data that is cherry-picked compared to what happens in epidemics.

Honestly, by my research and my (humble) opinion, what we have done to ourselves with our reaction is:
1) EXTENDING the problem and GUARANTEEING a second wave and
2) Destroying our society and economy

I am not going to comment on this stuff further. So, the questions up there can be for your own pleasure/entertainment/whatever. Ya'll can have the last word.

Now, back to fishing.

sb

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: SeanV14] #13505699 04/06/20 09:58 PM
J
j3x Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted by SeanV14
Sure are a lot of "sheep" dying ! Lots easier to not take chances. I saw a Sabine County Sheriffs order to close the bridge Sunday morning to Louisiana cars coming over.

Really?

How does it differ from other years? Where are the piles of bodies that this is causing, above and beyond the normal baseline for mortality? What are the odds of getting the disease? What are the odds of recovering vs dying? What about iatrogenic deaths?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/06/an_advantaged_disease_indeed_142867.html

Seemed to touch a nerve there for a few folks. Hopefully it got some of you to think about this a little. Probably not.

A little cut and paste for you: https://www.morozkoforge.com/post/the-curve-is-already-flat
We have been too busy shaming our neighbors for getting fresh air and hoarding toilet paper to consider that we are being driven by fear, not fact and that it has shut down our ability to recognize inconsistencies and look for answers. Instead, we call anyone who questions the “sky is falling” narrative selfish, stupid, and irresponsible because aligning with the prevailing moral outrage renders us impervious to criticism.

As I have said elsewhere, There exists information above and beyond click-bait that exists solely for creating traffic. Look around if you want to get into the history of this sort of thing and the quality of data that is cherry-picked compared to what happens in epidemics.

Honestly, by my research and my (humble) opinion, what we have done to ourselves with our reaction is:

I am not going to comment on this stuff further. So, the questions up there can be for your own pleasure/entertainment/whatever. Ya'll can have the last word.

Now, back to fishing.

sb

Interesting read...Thanks

2007 Skeeter ZX190
Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: Fishing on a string] #13505790 04/06/20 11:01 PM
mwbmod74 Offline
Angler
Angler
On the bright side,,,,, at least fewer Tx bass will see the grease, with the Cajun lockout.... bolt

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: SeanV14] #13505871 04/06/20 11:43 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SeanV14

Really?

Now, back to fishing.

sb

You make some interesting points! cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: Fishing on a string] #13505946 04/07/20 12:48 AM
R
rut-roe Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
There is no Cajun lockout you can cross line to go fishing.

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: SeanV14] #13505950 04/07/20 12:51 AM
E
eparker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
This is the site I watch. It does not have opinions, just data. Some of it is pretty staggering.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The one that catches my attention the most is the outcome of survival vs death rate. Currently, the death rate is 1 in 5. Those are tough odds.

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: eparker] #13505952 04/07/20 12:53 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by eparker
This is the site I watch. It does not have opinions, just data. Some of it is pretty staggering.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The one that catches my attention the most is the outcome of survival vs death rate. Currently, the death rate is 1 in 5. Those are tough odds.

The recovery rate will catch up soon. Its just timing.

Re: Highway 21 closed [Re: Fishing on a string] #13505956 04/07/20 12:58 AM
M
mudd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
People fail realize that u can still cross the bridge to fish. They are allowing that

93 Ranger 482vs
95 Bullet 20cc

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide