texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
twa1987, Charles Dinwiddie, DallasDawg75, picklegreen, ynotfish
115964 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 104,518
hopalong 100,147
Pilothawk 81,267
John175☮ 80,010
Bigbob_FTW 76,279
JDavis7873 67,408
Derek 🐝 67,023
Mark Perry 64,069
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,157,294
Posts15,826,486
Members140,964
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Any RR reports? #13504407 04/06/20 09:44 AM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 360
JCHANDLER Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 360
I know the lake is way up, just asking how the fishing is.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13504481 04/06/20 11:45 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,418
buda13 Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,418
Tough!!!! Lake dropped 8 degrees with this last front. Before that 7-10 bites in a 10 hour day of fishing was a good day. Yesterday we had a total of 5 bites. Meanwhile on my FB page I see most of my buddies crushed em on other local lakes. RR is probably fishing the worst of all our lakes right now, but you might catch a giant. Water was 58-60




Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13504773 04/06/20 02:23 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 287
T
TravisTracy Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
T
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 287
Was tough for me yesterday, had 9 bites from 10AM-5...I'm sure somebody caught them somewhere on the lake.

Re: Any RR reports? [Re: buda13] #13504866 04/06/20 03:08 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,182
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
M
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,182
Originally Posted by buda13
Tough!!!! Lake dropped 8 degrees with this last front. Before that 7-10 bites in a 10 hour day of fishing was a good day. Yesterday we had a total of 5 bites. Meanwhile on my FB page I see most of my buddies crushed em on other local lakes. RR is probably fishing the worst of all our lakes right now, but you might catch a giant. Water was 58-60


It dropped that much? I was out there weds and saw 65-68... I guess it’s a typical Texas spring?


R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13505512 04/06/20 08:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 449
borntofish1 Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 449
Which ramps are you guys using? Open? Need to get out of this house.

Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13505516 04/06/20 08:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 449
borntofish1 Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 449
Are troopers not bothering you guys dragging your boat to go fish? Asking for a friend.

Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13505537 04/06/20 08:34 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 11,026
BCBassCat Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 11,026
Loaded up the boat yesterday right in front of a sheriff's officer. Guess he was keeping the peace. Sanger Access. IDB is open too.

Re: Any RR reports? [Re: BCBassCat] #13505598 04/06/20 09:01 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,182
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
M
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,182
Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Loaded up the boat yesterday right in front of a sheriff's officer. Guess he was keeping the peace. Sanger Access. IDB is open too.


Deputies and Troopers were both told to hang out there, they don’t want them out writing tickets only taking calls when necessary. I was teasing a buddy out there the other day, asking if I could turn my Basscat into a bay watch boat by borrowing his light bar...


R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13505758 04/06/20 10:34 PM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 360
JCHANDLER Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 360
Thanks for the reports!

Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13506394 04/07/20 12:44 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,388
B
Bass Buster1 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,388
Went behind the house last night in the kayak and it was tough. I Got one bite in two hours. It looks like they are letting water out, there was a water mark about 8" or so up on the trees. Fish I caught was dirt deep where an old road meets the bank (spawning flat) on a spinner bait. Last week before the front, shad everywhere, gar, lots of activity and I caught a few on a texas rig craw deep in the brush but it was still very slow. Last week we had air temp of almost 90 and then whatever day that front came through I had to fire up the wood stove again, it dropped to 36. Water level and temp are up and down so fish are in a bad mood for sure! My guess is we will have spawning fish well into May.


See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Any RR reports? [Re: Bass Buster1] #13506499 04/07/20 01:41 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,182
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
M
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,182
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Went behind the house last night in the kayak and it was tough. I Got one bite in two hours. It looks like they are letting water out, there was a water mark about 8" or so up on the trees. Fish I caught was dirt deep where an old road meets the bank (spawning flat) on a spinner bait. Last week before the front, shad everywhere, gar, lots of activity and I caught a few on a texas rig craw deep in the brush but it was still very slow. Last week we had air temp of almost 90 and then whatever day that front came through I had to fire up the wood stove again, it dropped to 36. Water level and temp are up and down so fish are in a bad mood for sure! My guess is we will have spawning fish well into May.


Spawning bass on Roberts into May is nothing new that’s for sure, it’s one of the last lakes to go normally


R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13506535 04/07/20 02:02 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,418
buda13 Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,418
It’s actually still rising just a little... haven’t started dumping water yet but it’s coming soon.

https://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/c...orts&report=fish&csrf=x95xM1qpMw




Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13506572 04/07/20 02:15 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,418
buda13 Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,418
As of 5pm today every open ramp on the lake is closed until at least April 30th... the only one opens are State Park managed. I verified this by calling the IDB State Park and speaking with TPWD personnel. If anyone knows the folks that own the marina we need to get with them and figure out a pay to launch deal or something...




Re: Any RR reports? [Re: buda13] #13506634 04/07/20 02:40 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,388
B
Bass Buster1 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,388
In 2013 Marina only charged $5.00 but it was a Zoo. I wonder if they fall under nonessential? Guess I will be spending more time in the Kayak behind the house. (Wolf Creek)

Originally Posted by buda13
It’s actually still rising just a little... haven’t started dumping water yet but it’s coming soon.

https://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/c...orts&report=fish&csrf=x95xM1qpMw





Must have been wind and waves that had the tree trunks wet then. I think the dang fish are behind the flooded brush, tough to get at them!


See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Any RR reports? [Re: JCHANDLER] #13506645 04/07/20 02:45 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,418
buda13 Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,418
Marina ramp is closed also... somebody out there has to know someone at the marina. Post someone up at the ramp and charge $20 to launch. I'd even spray down my crisp $20 with lysol before paying. 50 boats = $1000. Other marinas are open, I think they closed by choice. They have gas pumps, that in itself makes them essential.




Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2021 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3