Page 1 of 2 1 2
Another problem we have #13499684 04/03/20 04:42 AM
R
reinke Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
R
I run a small business. We are able to continue working during these troubled times and need all my crew to show for work. I allow my employees who wish to stay home stay home without question. I am receiving letters from Texas Workforce Commission that employees are filing for unemployment. I have not let go of any employees. The problem is when I contacted TWC to inform them that we are open for business have not reduced hours or let go of any employees I was told it did not matter they could still get benefits at this time. I understand the problems we are all having at this time and value life over a job. If I do not keep the doors open business would go to a door that is open. How do you keep the doors open when your employees can get a check and stay at home. The benefits should go to those who are truly in need and not passed out like candy. Rant over now rip into me OT.

Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13499691 04/03/20 04:48 AM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by reinke
I run a small business. We are able to continue working during these troubled times and need all my crew to show for work. I allow my employees who wish to stay home stay home without question. I am receiving letters from Texas Workforce Commission that employees are filing for unemployment. I have not let go of any employees. The problem is when I contacted TWC to inform them that we are open for business have not reduced hours or let go of any employees I was told it did not matter they could still get benefits at this time. I understand the problems we are all having at this time and value life over a job. If I do not keep the doors open business would go to a door that is open. How do you keep the doors open when your employees can get a check and stay at home. The benefits should go to those who are truly in need and not passed out like candy. Rant over now rip into me OT.

What kind of business do you operate?

Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13499696 04/03/20 04:59 AM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

No rip here. You’re absolutely correct. However..... this SB Paycheck Protection Plan is supposed to cover just this. My assumption was that they don’t file for unemployment and you keep paying them until June 30th and the debt is forgiven.

More details coming out tomorrow.

[Linked Image]
Re: Another problem we have [Re: JacksonBean] #13499699 04/03/20 05:11 AM
R
reinke Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
R
I’m aware of the PPP and was not planning on applying. May need to reconsider. However if all employees can just get unemployment for a year what does it matter me getting a loan that will cover 8 to 10 weeks. TWC needs to tighten up.

Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13499725 04/03/20 08:39 AM
2014NITROZ-7 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
The biggest problem is once again the government jumps in to help without fully thinking things through.

Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13499786 04/03/20 12:00 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
I’m aware of the PPP and was not planning on applying. May need to reconsider. However if all employees can just get unemployment for a year what does it matter me getting a loan that will cover 8 to 10 weeks. TWC needs to tighten up.

get the loan, pay employees, get loan forgiven when you do.

if they are going to do that for you then get R done! as for employees going on unemployment, send every employee a letter notifying them that the doors are open and paychecks can be earned if they come to work.

jmo

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13499795 04/03/20 12:05 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

That's tough. Hopefully you can make a personal appeal to your employees to help you out. If your business is essential your product is probably pretty important to society, not to mention if you can't keep making money your business might close and they might be out of a job. The vast majority of my employees have been extremely understanding and helpful through this whole thing.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13499814 04/03/20 12:23 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B

The Texas Workforce Commission must have dropped all of their RULES for receiving a check, and that is too bad. I know someone close who lost their job 2 years ago and helped them with the TWC website signing up, filling out the forms etc. It was a beating and very strict with recording names and numbers of people they contacted looking for work. They made it pretty hard to lie about it. I.E., "I went to Walmart, Target etc. and looked for a job this week", was not a good enough answer. I don't disagree with this at all because I think a person should be looking for work if they are able, and it would take more work to falsify the forms and records than actually working. I agree with you, the benefits should go to those truly in need and following the TWC rules to recieve a check.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13499827 04/03/20 12:35 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Another problem we have [Re: Bob Davis] #13499830 04/03/20 12:38 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

The mayor of Houston personally asked the criminals to stop being criminals during this difficult time. It's not their fault they are out of business right now.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13500003 04/03/20 02:13 PM
T
Topwater2 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
I would be looking for new employee's.

FishKen
Re: Another problem we have [Re: Topwater2] #13500009 04/03/20 02:19 PM
Derek 🐝 Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by Topwater2
I would be looking for new employee's.

Yup. I would fire anyone that applied for unemployment benefits.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13500013 04/03/20 02:21 PM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Payroll protection loan from SBA.
This loan is made specifically for your problem. Talk to your bank.
If you use it only to pay payroll and rent it is totally forgivable.
You would owe the interest incurred only and it is at .75%.

Look it up it is a good deal. But work fast there is only 349 billion available which will go fast

Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13500031 04/03/20 02:29 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Big boss is looking into some type of loan/ grant back plan if we have to shut our doors . My understanding is if he shuts it down and uses the money to pay us it’s a grant and he don’t have to pay it back . If we never shut our doors and keep rolling it’s a low Intrest loan that he’ll prob use to get us 100% debt free and ahead of the game and pay back at his leisure .

Re: Another problem we have [Re: reinke] #13500053 04/03/20 02:42 PM
retdbasser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Old rules you couldn't draw if you quit a job or were fired for cause. Same rules should apply now if your business is considered essential and can continue to operate.

Prepare for the future-it will be here tomorrow.
Personal Best Large Mouth Bass 9 lbs. 12 oz 5/13/19.
Herb Stein, who famously reminded us that “if something can’t go on forever, it will stop.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide